Player Discussion Braden Schneider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
Some horrendous takes in this thread ;
He’s Adam McQaid

he’s Dylan mcilrath ( who btw had a major career stifling injury )

I wanted a goalie

Lol.

I didn’t like his draft coverage

lmao

He’s more pei than Brad Richard’s ever was wtf does that even mean …

brutal read

Reactions: Rongomania

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
So far, so good.
He is just a baby, so he has a long way to go with his development.
Big and has some skill and seems to see the game well. Winning combo

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I thought McIlrath would have been a McQuaid type. Sadly the injuries really hurt his development.

honestly I think Trouba is what people kind of hoped McIlrath could be, but his skating didn't really develop and neither did his instincts. He was definitely scouted as a "good skater" (maybe for his size) and having a hard shot, loved to throw hits, etc. But his pivots and agility were not up to NHL snuff

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I pr

I predict MacEwen...the PEI kid will want to show Gallant something . He knows many from PEI will be watching the game because of Gallant who is EXTREMELY popular around all PEI....way more than Brad Richards ever was .
guess we were both wrong. the Flyers weren't even willing to do ANYTHING of such usual nastiness. not your Fathers Flyers, then again they have Hayes to show them the way. haha.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Schneider has been a revelation. There's no wonder the team has been so high on him. The way he looks at 20 years old makes me think of how seamlessly Staal/McDonagh/Sauer came into the lineup and made an impact back in the day, and I see him as a similar player to them. Playing him with Lindgren while Fox is out should tell us all we need to know about his standing in the org.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Schneider reminds quite a bit of early days Trouba, before he got his 8M contract. I can’t really think of a much better comparison. Young Trouba. The way he jumps in on the pinch to keep pucks alive, willingness to throw the puck to the net any chance he gets, willingness to throw the body around, block shots, etc. maybe a little bit of youthful running around but otherwise steady. This all sounds like early Trouba to me. I don’t know if Schneids has the cannon Trouba was known for.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
He gets a little too chase happy at times but It's hard not to be anything but pleased with his play so far.

When Fox returns he needs to be attached to Jones.

I know they are both rookies, but they both play with a lot of poise, I wouldn't mind them putting them together out there especially given their familiarity from playing together all year on the same pair in Hartford.

Reactions: Cag29

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Why in the world are we taking about mcIlraith I'm here.

Schneider is looking to be too solid of a player to waste having in the box for 5 mins for a scrap.

No one has issues with Trouba doing this. If it helps the team, creates momentum and does it to protect the teammates, fans won’t have an issue with it.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Schneider reminds quite a bit of early days Trouba, before he got his 8M contract. I can’t really think of a much better comparison. Young Trouba. The way he jumps in on the pinch to keep pucks alive, willingness to throw the puck to the net any chance he gets, willingness to throw the body around, block shots, etc. maybe a little bit of youthful running around but otherwise steady. This all sounds like early Trouba to me. I don’t know if Schneids has the cannon Trouba was known for.

He actually does have a fairly heavy shot IMO.

I've been excited since we drafted him - so glad he's showing great signs early. We haven't even seen too much of his skating yet either, he's got pretty decent wheels.

(off topic: part of me wants/wanted this with Laf, go to the A and log heavy minutes and be noticeable when called up to the big club)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad