Player Discussion Braden Schneider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
YouTube his

You’ve got to think that if a trade like that was on the table, it would have been made by now. I’m not sure Lundkvist is as coveted around the league as we think and hope he is.

id think this is more right than wrong unfortunately. i think expectations of fans were way too high coming in, between what fox did and his production in sweden things got carried away. i think internally and externally expectations for this year were far more muted. still would think hes underperformed those though - his skating really muted any transition / offensive impact and didnt help his strongest skill was manned by the reigning norris winner. i dont think hes fallen off a cliff, but i dont think hes returning a turcotte or perfetti in a 1 for 1. but counterintuitively, i think he holds roughly equivalent value in a package as part of a bigger deal. think teams still see real upside and value given his position and skillset but views on his ceiling likely have lowered and probability of reaching that is less certain. in a 1 for 1 thats harder to stomach, but in a package he could be seen as a first round equivalent with still some material potential to become a high impact player if all breaks right. do think thats aided by his still looking like a child, his hockey iq is high and hes got an elite shot...just really needs to get stronger and more powerful which are two things that can be improved - and appearances suggest hes a long way from where he might get to in those areas. id think hes moved this season though as part of some deal - hes clearly the odd man out here. have to wonder if he sees the writing on the wall there too with his hartford numbers....which are really not helping his return value. kravtsov torpedoing his value was bad enough.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
the-one-he-is-the-one.gif

Reactions: Tob

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
YouTube his

You’ve got to think that if a trade like that was on the table, it would have been made by now. I’m not sure Lundkvist is as coveted around the league as we think and hope he is.

The Rangers have figured out Schneider's better. Everyone else probably has too.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Another stand out game for the "kid". The difference between Shneider and someone like Hajek/Nemeth is immeasurable.

Nice to finally have someone on the third pairing who isn't a complete shit show every night.

unpopular opinion but Nemeth and Schneider can be a good pair just give them a few weeks

i don’t see the issue W Playing Jones and Lundkvist in the AHL. They are young

Reactions: leetch99

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Panarin & Schneider have really good chemistry, which you dont often see between a forward and a defenseman not named Fox. The kid know how to get open and when to let it rip. Hot(?) take: Hes already our best d-man behind Fox/Trouba

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
He's been pretty impressive the past few games. I thought he struggled after his debut but he's been really shining through since the Florida game I'd say.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I never understood those that had Lundkvist above Schneider.
it's all about point potential. With Lundkvist, people see a Brian Rafalski/Phil Housley type of player. Schneider is more like a Zbynek Michalek/Dan Girardi (circa 2010) type. If Lundkvist hits his ceiling, he's just a sexier type of player with a higher "total points" number. And you know HFB, we love them stats.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Huge Klein fan but Schneider is more skilled in every way. I would hope that would be Schneider's floor.
Did you mean from a fiestiness standpoint?
very similar physically. Klein also scored some clutch goals when he was at the top of his game…he did have some skills too.

I see that Schneider certainly has better wheels….and he’s just scratching the surface

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Huge Klein fan but Schneider is more skilled in every way. I would hope that would be Schneider's floor.
Did you mean from a feistiness standpoint?

I can see the comparison, but agree. He has a WAY higher skill ceiling. I like that he's focused on being defensively smart seeing how fresh he is, but also has the ability to step up offensively, and I think as time goes on, we're going to see more of that.

Reactions: bhamill and bl02

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I can see the comparison, but agree. He has a WAY higher skill ceiling. I like that he's focused on being defensively smart seeing how fresh he is, but also has the ability to step up offensively, and I think as time goes on, we're going to see more of that.

So he might actually have Jacob Slavin like potential?

Reactions: Brief Candle

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
So he might actually have Jacob Slavin like potential?
I think Slavin is an excellent comp for him tbh.
I think as more time goes by, he’s going to get more comfortable throwing his body around.
He’s already impressed a ton both offensively/defensively for a kid his age, he’s going to be a true stud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad