Player Discussion Braden Schneider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
2-3 years from now the cap will be going up and Trouba is going nowhere

Just because the cap will go up doesn't mean Trouba won't be traded. If Schneider passes him on the depth chart, are we going to pay him 8 mil to play 3rd pair minutes for the rest of his contract? His NMC changes to a 15 team NTC in 24-25. It's not at all unlikely that he plays the last 2 years of his deal somewhere else.

Reactions: Sayba and RagFinMet

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
2 things that might save Trouba from getting traded is the cap going up (which I don't see as we are still dealing with the financial backlash from the pandemic as recent as this season (Canadian teams playing in empty arenas etc), and the Rangers finally getting rid of their cap penalties. In 2023-24, we will have a clean slate for the first time in years.

Is that enough? Not sure with all these ELCs expiring in the coming years.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
2 things that might save Trouba from getting traded is the cap going up (which I don't see as we are still dealing with the financial backlash from the pandemic as recent as this season (Canadian teams playing in empty arenas etc), and the Rangers finally getting rid of their cap penalties. In 2023-24, we will have a clean slate for the first time in years.

2022-23 is only the Shattenkirk buyout that's left, and that will clean the slate, I believe.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

I don't see the cap going up anytime soon. The Rangers will want to make real strides in 22-23 & 24-25. The kids should be close to having their full "NHL bodies" from 24-25 with the vets still "fully operational", but with the tight cap situation something must be changed to make the pieces fit. Also if the Rangers want to bring in that elusive 2C for the final push money needs to come off. The "figure it out later" decisions are starting to pile up.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Im loving this kids play. Hope he keeps it up.

Makes very smart choices and is sneaky good when shooting.

not the flash or raw talent of miller, but not going to make the bad reads that miller is prone too as well. Definitely ahead of Lundkvist, though his size over Lundkvist helps alot as well.

Its kind of crazy how good and young or d corps is. I mean trouba is the old man and he is only 28. So much potential and room for growth from these guys!

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Incredible to think this kid is only 20.

Miller only 22. Lindgren & Fox just turned 23. Jones, Robertson and Nils waiting in the wings as well. Its an insane bevy of young riches on D, that have all panned out. Teams just don't have that happen.

Fans on other teams would literally give up half of their roster to even come close to what this team has, and understanding that all of them would need some room for development. Robertson would probably be getting 3rd pairing minutes this season on other teams that have "normal" prospect depth on D.

How good will he be in 5 seasons?

If he sticks, which I see no reason for him not to, he will have 300+ games played at the age of 25. Maybe even 400 with postseason play if it all goes according to plan.

Which makes it all the more important to not sell out for this years run. We are at the beginning of this thing, including several of the young forwards. Patience.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Is this when we discuss when Kreider's and Trouba's NMCs turn into LNMCs?
When the time comes everything should and probably will be on the table including trading both.

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
Rangers are lucky to have young D players like Schneider and Miller. If we can only acquire some young centers, then this team is poised for a long run.

Reactions: CasusBelli

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Incredible to think this kid is only 20.

Miller only 22. Lindgren & Fox just turned 23. Jones, Robertson and Nils waiting in the wings as well. Its an insane bevy of young riches on D, that have all panned out. Teams just don't have that happen.

Fans on other teams would literally give up half of their roster to even come close to what this team has, and understanding that all of them would need some room for development. Robertson would probably be getting 3rd pairing minutes this season on other teams that have "normal" prospect depth on D.

How good will he be in 5 seasons?

If he sticks, which I see no reason for him not to, he will have 300+ games played at the age of 25. Maybe even 400 with postseason play if it all goes according to plan.

Which makes it all the more important to not sell out for this years run. We are at the beginning of this thing, including several of the young forwards. Patience.

Lindgren and Fox just turned 24 if we're being pedantic, but completely agree that it's great to see a home-grown d-corps develop so quickly, with more on the way.
I just wish whoever was developing these defencemen could work their magic on the young forwards....

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Lindgren and Fox just turned 24 if we're being pedantic, but completely agree that it's great to see a home-grown d-corps develop so quickly, with more on the way.
I just wish whoever was developing these defencemen could work their magic on the young forwards....

Rangers really need to improve the work of the development of forward prospects. Imagine if Othmann and Cuylle come here in a few years and do what Lafy and Kakko are doing offensively now, it is a concern . Outside of Kreider they have not drafted a consistent scoring forward 20 goals at least, that is a concern. Chytil shows spurts and too injury prone right now. I’d only trade him to improve the team for the playoffs and beyond. I would not deal him for a rental, unless the rental signs a contract when acquired .. Domi resigns 5 years for example. Trade Chytil to Bluejackets for Domi.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Rangers really need to improve the work of the development of forward prospects. Imagine if Othmann and Cuylle come here in a few years and do what Lafy and Kakko are doing offensively now, it is a concern . Outside of Kreider they have not drafted a consistent scoring forward 20 goals at least, that is a concern. Chytil shows spurts and too injury prone right now.
Ya know it's very strange,... that out of all our young talent, it is the blueline youngsters developing the fastest. It has always been the opposite. It always took longer for D-men to make it to the NHL. So it is quite a surprise we have such a young blueline. I really can't get over it. In two years time, when these guys are 22-26, they are just gonna be phenomenal.

You could see Miller's game growing every day. Schneider already looks like a seasoned pro. Jones is showing confidence he can play with the big boys. Hard to believe in a year or two, Fox and Lindgren will be seasoned vets.

Now only if our forwards could progress, particularly Laff and Kakko, like they should,... man would we have a future.

Reactions: McRanger92

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
The Rangers are a much better team with this kid in the lineup. I can not wait to see where he is at 2-4 years from now. The development that Miller and Schneider have shown this year is a major reason why this team has taken the step forward like it has. The fact they still have Jones, Lundkvist and Robertson in the wings is scary because it gives them valuable chips to acquire what they need. I love Lindgren and what he brings but wouldn't be surprised if in another year or two he is traded to make room for Robertson because he will be making too much money for the player that he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad