Player Discussion Braden Schneider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Gorts ability to make the kid instantly feel wanted by telling him hes been trying to get him for 6 picks and come back with a joke is something else.
I still think Gorts is an excellent GM. He needs a President to help with some of the bigger picture things - and he may already have learned those lessons. But as an operator and talent evaluator I think he’s great.

ScottyDalton

Jan 14, 2022
I still think Gorts is an excellent GM. He needs a President to help with some of the bigger picture things - and he may already have learned those lessons. But as an operator and talent evaluator I think he’s great.
I was not impressed with his draft coverage. Just very generic.

Reactions: ArPanet

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
just here to say what everyone else is saying, how impressive his debut was.

hopefully not talking to soon but seems like he transitioned to NHL speed and game seemlessly. his gaps were really good, he stood up and broke up plays a bunch of times but never got caught. he moved the puck quickly and on the tape, and didn't hesitate to jump into and support the play and fill the lane if a forward got caught in the zone or behind the play.

usually rookies, let alone a young dman in their first game are tentative and will back up on rushes and be hesitant to jump up and support the play. Saw none of that from Schneider, looked like a 28 year old vet.

the snipe from the top of the circles was a nice cherry on top.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’d say he’s better than average. Lias was a bust and Kravtsov was probably a big swing and miss. Taking a goalie in the second round hurt. But there are a lot of good picks too. Maybe not the greatest but certainly not the worst.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
He did an interview with marek or cam and strick a couple months ago where he was asked about that and they pushed him into draft coverage where he was only supposed to work the first round of something like that and then they forced him to cover day two. He told them he didn't know anything about the later prospects bc those picks were suppose to be more of the scouting staffs job only. He basically said he didn't know anything about those day two picks but they kept cutting to him asking for his opinion and he just kept saying the same thing on purpose ha. It was pretty funny actually

Reactions: bhamill

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
just here to say what everyone else is saying, how impressive his debut was.

hopefully not talking to soon but seems like he transitioned to NHL speed and game seemlessly. his gaps were really good, he stood up and broke up plays a bunch of times but never got caught. he moved the puck quickly and on the tape, and didn't hesitate to jump into and support the play and fill the lane if a forward got caught in the zone or behind the play.

usually rookies, let alone a young dman in their first game are tentative and will back up on rushes and be hesitant to jump up and support the play. Saw none of that from Schneider, looked like a 28 year old vet.

the snipe from the top of the circles was a nice cherry on top.

To me Scheider is a guy who's game translates almost 1:1 from minors to the NHL. We saw the same thing with McDonagh, Lindgren and a few others. It's as if they they've been honing their game for the big leagues since they were toddlers so when they finally make it they don't look out of place at all.

I know it's only been one game but I just don't really see any major holes in his game that might eventually warrant him getting sent back down. The only real question is who his partner will be going forward.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I wonder if it was Knoblauch who pointed out 'wtf you guys doing, Schneider is a stud and way ahead of Nils'.
I continue to get the sense that Nils making the big club out of camp was more a Rangers attempt to signal the rest of the league. I think their opinion of these three kids is actually in reverse order of when they made their debuts this season (yes I know that Jones played last year).

Schneider is the #1 and part of the long term plan. Jones is liked but would be moved in the right deal. Nils is trade fodder and they were hoping to increase his stock, and minimize uncertainty with his transition to NA, with an early season showcase.

I don’t know if Nils helped or hurt his stock so far this year.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I predict 3 things.
1. Schneids will stick and become a McD light in due time
2. He will become yet ANOTHER fan favorite
3. With him in the lineup, rest of d corps AND Shesty goaltending......the Rangers will be very stingy giving up goals to the tune of 2.25-2.60 goals allowed per game.

Added bonus prediction.......he has his 1st FIGHT tonight against a Flyer player. Just seems that its the perfect storm. Flyers/Rangers hatred, rookies get tested, and he wont back down as this will officially make him a Ranger and adding to he becoming "one of the boys", (especially if he kicks someone's ass).
Probably against Laughton or MORON,
I mean Morin.

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I pr
I predict 3 things.
1. Schneids will stick and become a McD light in due time
2. He will become yet ANOTHER fan favorite
3. With him in the lineup, rest of d corps AND Shesty goaltending......the Rangers will be very stingy giving up goals to the tune of 2.25-2.60 goals allowed per game.

Added bonus prediction.......he has his 1st FIGHT tonight against a Flyer player. Just seems that its the perfect storm. Flyers/Rangers hatred, rookies get tested, and he wont back down as this will officially make him a Ranger and adding to he becoming "one of the boys", (especially if he kicks someone's ass).
Probably against Laughton or MORON,
I mean Morin.
I predict MacEwen...the PEI kid will want to show Gallant something . He knows many from PEI will be watching the game because of Gallant who is EXTREMELY popular around all PEI....way more than Brad Richards ever was .

Reactions: Larrybiv

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Great debut. I admit I really wanted a center at 22 and thought when we movies up it was fir a Center I was not unhappy at all getting Schneider. We have a ton of young talented defensemen in this organization

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Was EXTREMELY impressed in his 1st game. Goal or not. He is clearly ready... both with the puck and without. He was physical AND smart.
Honestly most people here thought he was ready out of camp, and what Synergy said might be the case, in fact.

Reactions: Riche16

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I pr

I predict MacEwen...the PEI kid will want to show Gallant something . He knows many from PEI will be watching the game because of Gallant who is EXTREMELY popular around all PEI....way more than Brad Richards ever was .

One of these seasons we will get close to giving up only 2 goals per game , which I think we were doing in our Presidents cup year. maybe even something like 1.8 when Igor plays.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Far too often Rangers D are willing to cede feet of ice in front of them, namely Trouba, so that was something that was quite the contrast.
Notice how Trouba isn’t getting beat wide for a partial breakaway every game? Probably because the coaching staff told him to be more careful when he steps up due his lack of top end speed. Or he’s not as adept at deciding when to be aggressive, and so he has to play it a bit safer. He’s pretty good in the d zone defensively anyway so I’d rather that than him giving up the partial breakaways 1-2 times per game. He also steps up in the O zone really nicely, similar to Fox, I’m ok with him backing up a bit in the NZ. Plus he still manages those crushing hits :)

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Mcilrath was never anything more than a physical dman. Schneider has always been a complete player, pp, pk, shut down, good skating, good first pass, good reads. Not much of that applied to McIlrath in his peak.

I thought McIlrath would have been a McQuaid type. Sadly the injuries really hurt his development.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
A McQuaid type at #10 seems terrible, no?

McQuaid was a solid player more than McIlrath ever will be. McQuaid was loved by the Bruins and their fans for a reason. Huge part of their cup runs. I was hoping for a mix of McQuaid and Barrett Jackman who was selected 17th overall in the 99 draft with McIlrath

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
I’d say he’s better than average. Lias was a bust and Kravtsov was probably a big swing and miss. Taking a goalie in the second round hurt. But there are a lot of good picks too. Maybe not the greatest but certainly not the worst.
But Lias got us Cuylle.
Kravstov May get us something yet.
Lindbom looks like a miss.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad