Player Discussion Braden Schneider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yup.

He doesn’t avoid contact, but the difference between him and Fox is that Fox understands he won’t win the majority of these battles and makes sure that they don’t really happen.

To Nils credit, he’s handled it better than I expected him to, but he still loses way more often than he wins.
This..
He’s done better recently with his positioning. But he still has problems with the physical aspect. Especially playing the bulk of his minutes against other teams 3rd4th lines which are usually the bigger heavier more N/S players.
Nils will be fine. He’ll get stronger and more comfortable as well.
The huge problem going fwd with him is the 2 spots where he’d be most successful are occupied by better players currently. Especially in the case of Fox.
Hartford will allow him to get top 4 mins, a lot of them, hoping in offensive situations and on the PP as well

Reactions: Jackson Ranger

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I think because of the short season people forget that this guy was third in points per game for a D-man in the entire WHL last season. He has Trouba+ upside

He’s going to be severe overkill on that third pairing sooner than later

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
crossed my mind as well, BUT why would you showcase a guy that the Rangers seemingly are expecting huge things and being a part of the "grand master plan"?
Agree. Not very likely. But if Rangers were after something big they may trade young players and prospects. They are going to go for it the next couple of years. And Schneider would be a third pairing guy. Dont think they will hold back with Shesty, Panarin, Fox, Trouba and Zibanejad on big contracts. Scneider is a player many teams would want back in a trade.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Agree. Not very likely. But if Rangers were after something big they may trade young players and prospects. They are going to go for it the next couple of years. And Schneider would be a third pairing guy. Dont think they will hold back with Shesty, Panarin, Fox, Trouba and Zibanejad on big contracts. Scneider is a player many teams would want back in a trade.
true, very true. and THAT is where the Rangers say......NO, NO HOW, NO WAY, NOT HAPPENING.
if other teams have their 'hands off" players they wont include in major trades.....like how Tampa protected Point or Sergachev yet waivered on Howden and Hayek......well now, we can see why they waivered.
if they want Nils, Hayek or hell even Jones, thats one thing.....not getting Schneider. and I am not thrilled about possibly losing any of the above, but theyve been a work in progress and in due time might be really good, but there is a difference here.

Reactions: egelband

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
speaking of.......I am really "Jonesing" for a Rangers game. need to be able to stay up late tonight. will deal with ramifications tomorrow with sights towards weekend.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
The game starts at 430 am for many of us euros. Home games 0100 am. But because I work from home I have managed to watch nearly all the matches.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad