Player Discussion Braden Schneider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I've always gotten McDonagh vibes from Schneider, where he elevates his game against superior competition. I don't think it would be shocking if he played really well right out of the gate and stuck. He's also perfect for a Turk-coached team and with the identity the team is trying to forge.
Heck yeah! So happy for this. Just imagine he does stick! I think he may just do that. Another k'Andre type deal. Who expected k'Andre to stick and blossom? Well, I did. (Avatar)

With Trouba and Lindgren already our defensive thumpers, adding Schneider will really make teams wary of getting crushed often. "Stay OUT of our zone!" "Get lost, or else!"

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Could it be that he is showcased for potential deals?
No, I think its more so A) an atta boy for apparently playing well in HFD (Leslie Treff says hes been their best Dman) and B) A chance to see how he responds against better competition.

They are getting a look. He's 20. The expectation shouldn't be that he sticks in the NHL from here on out.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You read between the lines of comments gallant has made and he really wants a third pair with size and strength. Not sure he loves Jones or Lundkvist frankly

Schneider isn't exactly 'big' by NHL standards, but he certainly isn't Jones/Lundkvist.

I figured we might ideally see a proper cup of coffee for all three this season at some point which will give us more data to go on. Worried a little that Jones won't get a proper chance now.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Feel a little bad for Lunkdvist as I don't believe he did anything egregious enough to be sent down, but also excited to see Schneider. If he sticks Lunkdvist is almost certainly a goner

Kinda, I mean Nils was given a pretty good look at this level - I think he improved steadily as he got more time.

However, with the type of game he plays, the rink size change and all - I think it would've benefited him more to play with the Pack from the start.

With that said, I think giving Nils some top minutes in the A will be good for him. Hopefully with more room he will recapture the offensive flair he had over in Sweden and then bring that back up when he's recalled, whenever that is.

I think the Rangers are in a "soft spot" of their schedule right now in a sense that they have a roster turnover due to Covid and now is good time to try some different things, get some guys in who've earned a look.

It will be nice to have a little more defensive stability and snarl on that 3rd pairing, especially on zone entries and around the net. They've had some trouble lately managing forechecks and holding up speedy teams with a little more physicality needed there. I think Schneids will provide more of a Lindgren presence and that's going to help.

As far as a partner Nemeth hasn't been great but I'm assuming they will start BS off with him, the experienced "stay-at-home" vet. If they are considering a longer look at Jones, than this also makes sense to not have two undersized rookies on that last pairing or have Jones/Nemeth play on their off side.

Last edited:

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Schneider is going to be a big upgrade for a 3rd pairing role. Lundkvist wasn’t really adding anything to the offense, Schneider will fill the role much better, I’m really excited to see him get this opportunity.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Kinda, I mean Nils was given a pretty good look at this level - I think he improved steadily as he got more time.

However, with the type of game he plays, the rink size change and all - I think it would've benefited him more to play with the Pack from the start.

With that said, I think giving Nils some top minutes in the A will be good for him. Hopefully with more room he will recapture the offensive flair he had over in Sweden and then bring that back up when he's recalled, whenever that is.

I think the Rangers are in a "soft spot" of their schedule right now in a sense that they have a roster turnover due to Covid and now is good time to try some different things, get some guys in who've earned a look.

It will be nice to have a little more defensive stability and snarl on that 3rd pairing, especially on zone entries and around the net. They've had some trouble lately managing forechecks and holding up speedy teams with a little more physicality needed there. I think Schneids will provide more of a Lindgren presence and that's going to help.

As far as a partner Nemeth hasn't been great but I'm assuming they will start BS off with him, the experienced "stay-at-home" vet. If they are considering a longer look at Jones, than this also makes sense to not have two undersized rookies on that last pairing or have Jones/Nemeth play on their off side.

The Rangers are smartly using the covid positives to get a look at potential solutions in HFD, before they look for outside solutions. They know what they have in Tinordi/Hajek/Nemeth (not much), and theyve seen plenty from Nils, who has been fine but needs to play every night. I think its interesting that Jones is still with the NHL team, so maybe he gets another shot. We all want Jones-Schneider, but i dont think we should get our hopes up.

If the 3rd pair is still a problem in a couple weeks, i think they reassess. Their position in the standings has given the luxury to see how things play out.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Schneider isn't exactly 'big' by NHL standards, but he certainly isn't Jones/Lundkvist.

I figured we might ideally see a proper cup of coffee for all three this season at some point which will give us more data to go on. Worried a little that Jones won't get a proper chance now.

schneider is 6’2 and built like a horse. He’s a big boy who will fill out he’s 20. Plays a heavy game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad