Player Discussion Braden Schneider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He's certainly got my vote.
I'm just curious why he wasn't included in the poll thread.
He's far from out of it.

I honestly think they promised Nils a spot to get him across the ocean. But as much as i think Schneider is the better dman now i dont think its a bad thing to not start his contract now and let him come in a year later. I always like the idea of staggering contracts so that you arent stuck signing too many people in the same year and as well you can have other guys retire or move on to accomodate a contract a year later. I see our right d as Fox , Schneider and Lundkvist in a few years. I dont know how we get rid of Trouba but i also didnt see us getting rid of Shattenkirk, Spooner, Lundqvist etc etc so lets see how she goes

Reactions: jay from jersey

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I honestly think they promised Nils a spot to get him across the ocean. But as much as i think Schneider is the better dman now i dont think its a bad thing to not start his contract now and let him come in a year later. I always like the idea of staggering contracts so that you arent stuck signing too many people in the same year and as well you can have other guys retire or move on to accomodate a contract a year later. I see our right d as Fox , Schneider and Lundkvist in a few years. I dont know how we get rid of Trouba but i also didnt see us getting rid of Shattenkirk, Spooner, Lundqvist etc etc so lets see how she goes
Pretty sure his contract starts either way.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Schneider's ELC isn't slide eligible. Only Othmann and Cuylle's are.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

I think the spot should've gone to Schneider but I'm more than OK with how things played out.
They're all great young players so you really can't lose.
Adjustments can always be made at anytime moving forward anyway.
Good point on the contracts..

Reactions: Unpredictable1

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
I would honestly much rather have Schneider stretching his legs out in the AHL than with the big club. We already know he can snuff out cycles and make a decent first pass, but why not let him log big minutes and refine the other aspects of his game. If he adds the ability and confidence to occasionally make a big offensive play to his “set it and forget it” style of defending, you’ve hit pay dirt.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Schneider's game reminds me of Girardi before he fell apart. Barring a rash of injuries, he will spend a year in the A, then have a chance to beat out Nemeth for a spot in the top 6 D in training camp

Reactions: John Snow

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Schneider's game reminds me of Girardi before he fell apart. Barring a rash of injuries, he will spend a year in the A, then have a chance to beat out Nemeth for a spot in the top 6 D in training camp
He’s got a significantly higher ceiling. He’s far more mobile, and got a stretch pass that girardi wishes he had.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
He handles the puck better then G. I think he skates better as well. If he hits his offensive ceiling he’s going to be the total package. But on the Defensive side of the puck G is a good comp. he’s positional sound, tough, and keeps it simple just like Danny boy.
He could most likely step in and handle 3rd pair duties with Nemeth right now, but with the plethora of young D we have no biggie for him to go to the A for a bit. I’m guessing one season in Hartford is it before he’s a full timer in the NHL, maybe even less if the injury bug hits( hope not)

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
He’s got a significantly higher ceiling. He’s far more mobile, and got a stretch pass that girardi wishes he had.

Young Girardi had a good shot and a solid first pass early in his career, but i agree with your overall point. Schneider has Parayko-like upside though IMO

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Young Girardi had a good shot and a solid first pass early in his career, but i agree with your overall point. Schneider has Parayko-like upside though IMO

Yeah, honestly, Torts completely wrecked his game. Think he had his best year under Torts, but that was during the transition period. The more he adjusted to moving the puck up ice fast the more he just started to throw the puck up ice.

That one game we lost like 8-3 against Zug in Europe, people in the arena said they had never seen a team play hockey with a worse passing game before.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
If he becomes that, he'll be a perennial all-star.

I would not be shocked at all. I think aside from Fox, he is our best Defense prospect and that is not a slight on Jones, Miller or Nils. I just think the sky is the limit for the kid.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If this was 2-3 years ago... he's on the NHL roster.

I'm completely content with him getting top pair minutes in the AHL. Jones-Schneider will most likely be the best pairing in the league

Reactions: bl02

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I would not be shocked at all. I think aside from Fox, he is our best Defense prospect and that is not a slight on Jones, Miller or Nils. I just think the sky is the limit for the kid.

I don't see him being better than McDonagh.

Reactions: Rempe73

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
My comparable upside for Schneider is a young Brent Seabrook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad