Brad Marchand - New Captain of the Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Cashman was an animal. An absolute animal. One night, Terry O'Reilly was actually protecting Tiger Williams because he was down on the ice and Cashman was trying to kick him with his skates. Imagine having to protect the NHL's all time goon from a skate in the face from your fellow player?

I hadn't heard that story and that's unusual, because it sounds like a good one. And okay sure, but how many players did he lick?

I don't know if you missed it or not, but I already brought up Bobby Clarke myself. I've already admitted there have been captains that push the limits. However none of them have gone by the name f Marchand. You're trying to beat me up over something I myself brought to the forefront.

Do I think Marchand will make a particularly good captain? No, I do nt. Do I think having Marchand as captain will benefit or hinder the Bruins' ability to win games? No, I do not. Neither.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I hadn't heard that story and that's unusual, because it sounds like a good one. And okay sure, but how many players did he lick?

I don't know if you missed it or not, but I already brought up Bobby Clarke myself. I've already admitted there have been captains that push the limits. However none of them have gone by the name f Marchand. You're trying to beat me up over something I myself brought to the forefront.

Do I think Marchand will make a particularly good captain? No, I do nt. Do I think having Marchand as captain will benefit or hinder the Bruins' ability to win games? No, I do not. Neither.

Well then it's a good thing he's going to be the Bruins captain and not the Canucks. Though he doesn't need your approval to be either.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
We certainly do know Marchand likely keeps a record of the number of entire fanbases he has successfully agitated throughout his career, with pride.

If any of those fans interacted with Marchand or chose to read into any actual examples of his leadership and community involvement they would certainly understand the selection. If Marchand was scum as those believe, Bergeron and Chara would have forced his trade.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I agree. It's a very good thing he's not going to be the captain of the Canucks.

I tell you, the Canucks live rent-free in Bruins fan's heads. You keep bashing me with 2011 and the Canucks. I have not mentioned either until you guys brought it up.

Stay on topic please. You can find it at the top of page one.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
We certainly do know Marchand likely keeps a record of the number of entire fanbases he has successfully agitated throughout his career, with pride.

If any of those fans interacted with Marchand or chose to read into any actual examples of his leadership and community involvement they would certainly understand the selection. If Marchand was scum as those believe, Bergeron and Chara would have forced his trade.

Not a hard thing if he knows how to subtract 1 from 32.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't know if I've ever seen a heel as good as Brad Marchand. Here I thought the Iron Sheik was the ultimate heel.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love Brad. I never liked when he licked someone but that was years ago. He has grown up and learned leadership from Chara and Bergy. The Bruins are lucky to have him. He is great with kids and does a lot for the city of Boston.

I hope he plays for a few more years. I often can hear him because of where my ST seats are and he is a funny man. Even the guys in stripes crack up.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
When Jacob Trouba was named captain of the Rangers there was a similar reaction from fans of other teams. Both players have shitty reputations; giving them the "C" looks strange from the outside. The difference is Trouba was in his POS prime when he became captain, while the 35-year old Marchand is now only eligible for the POS Lifetime Achievement Award. Marchand will never be anywhere close to Bergeron, but he's matured from his 20s and – I hate to say it – has grown into the "C".

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
When Jacob Trouba was named captain of the Rangers there was a similar reaction from fans of other teams. Both players have shitty reputations; giving them the "C" looks strange from the outside. The difference is Trouba was in his POS prime when he became captain, while the 35-year old Marchand is now only eligible for the POS Lifetime Achievement Award. Marchand will never be anywhere close to Bergeron, but he's matured from his 20s and – I hate to say it – has grown into the "C".

Liked your post not necessarily because I agree with all of it, but because I appreciate reasoned arguments, even when they run counter to mine.

edit: Oh hey. I didn't realize who you were. Been awhile. Hope you're well. :thumbu:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1695332818517.png

1695332888563.png

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
My question would be, given the integral part the pestiness plays with Marchand, will having leadership responsibilities that cone with wearing the C impair his overall impact on games?

Overall, as a non Bruins fan im excited that a pest gets the C. Love those types of players.

Reactions: Ladyfan

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
This just cements Ottawa's playoff birth. The Eastern Division is in a full cataclysm - will be a very different league by 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad