The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Lamb...

lamb.gif

Bert...

burt.gif

Just scored for Finland on the PP at 18:18 of the 2nd period against Latvia...

Bust...

:popcorn:

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Lambert's powerplay goal -- gets a clean zone entry and scores on a one-timer from the high slot:

Beautiful goal. That thing was on and off in a hurry.

Can't wait to watch this kid continue to do work in the tourney. This is a major confidence boost he needs after the challenges of this past season.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Definitely going to tune in to see Lambert play tonight. Looks like Brad will be 3rd line RW. Hopefully he can pick up where he left off before the tournament was cancelled.
Is it a bit of a surprise that he’s only on the 3rd line?

Reactions: GNP

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
It could be that he wasn’t quite up to 100% after his illness and the coach just decided not to push him. Just a guess.
Just read a post from ippenator on the world juniors board (2022 WJ Latvia vs Finland).

I quote “Lambert scored a nice goal and showed how great his skating is,but not much of anything else, and the coach Pennanen said in an interview that he didn’t feel that Lambert’s play was really convincing and trustworthy enough, so he got benched”.

Seems a little harsh if that’s what the coach said considering he was just sick

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Just read a post from ippenator on the world juniors board (2022 WJ Latvia vs Finland).

I quote “Lambert scored a nice goal and showed how great his skating is,but not much of anything else, and the coach Pennanen said in an interview that he didn’t feel that Lambert’s play was really convincing and trustworthy enough, so he got benched”.

Whoa, not Ippenator. Lambert is f***ed now.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

This board needed more drama.

• Haha
Reactions: ps241

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Is he a well known poster?
He's been shitting on Lambert since we drafted him. Was also a HUGE laine apologist - he could do nothing wrong and those damn little/schief/wheeler/pomo are holding him back from scoring 150 goals a year.

As a coach, why would you play your (potentially) most gifted offensive player in the first game of a grueling tournamwnt when you're up 4 goals and he's coming off an illness/injury? Seems to make sense to rest the kid to me

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Talking out his ass again, it seems. This dude wants Lambert to fail so badly that of course he’s gonna say “he didn’t show much of anything else.” Lambert was fine.

I couldn’t find the coach’s interview but to be fair I was searching using English terms, not Finnish ones. Seems pretty stupid of the coach to take a shot at Lambert and his confidence for essentially no reason. If someone asked why he was benched, you could easily say “because it was 5-1 in the first game against Latvia and he’s coming off an illness and we need him fresh this tournament.” Even if that’s not true I don’t see the point in calling him out so I wouldn’t be surprised if the poster in question is stretching the truth to fit his “hurr durr Lambert is a dummy, mang” narrative.

Reactions: Fairview and Mooche

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Talking out his ass again, it seems. This dude wants Lambert to fail so badly that of course he’s gonna say “he didn’t show much of anything else.” Lambert was fine.

I couldn’t find the coach’s interview but to be fair I was searching using English terms, not Finnish ones. Seems pretty stupid of the coach to take a shot at Lambert and his confidence for essentially no reason. If someone asked why he was benched, you could easily say “because it was 5-1 in the first game against Latvia and he’s coming off an illness and we need him fresh this tournament.” Even if that’s not true I don’t see the point in calling him out so I wouldn’t be surprised if the poster in question is stretching the truth to fit his “hurr durr Lambert is a dummy, mang” narrative.
I don't know what he's interview his referring at. The only one I could find is the Finnish broadcasters interview. There, when asked about if Lambert got hurt of was this (that he didn't play much in the 3rd) a tactical decision. Pennanen said the following. "A bit of both. We wanted a bit more from his line-up and they weren't quite as good as we expected. Juuso Mäenpää brought a bit more reliability to that line-up. But the other story of course is that Brad has been a bit under the weather. So that's another reason he didn't play the whole time. He's a good kid, and he had a beautiful goal tonight and I'm expecting some more (goals) in the feature."

So yeah, I'd say Ippenator took some liberties with his interpretation, if this is the interview he's referring to as I believe. :)

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg

1000000%

The thread was basically unreadable for a while when we had certain posters spewing their club, local, whatever bias and piling on a teenage kid. Hence, the Grandmpa Simpson .gif I dropped in here a while back. Was so annoying, over and over, same stuff, no substance

Anyways, there seems to be so much drama and politics with him over in Finland. Whatever the causes were, not really important at this point, he just needs to get over to NA and play in the WHL. Fresh slate, fresh start, and he can start to really focus on honing his game under some coaching over here.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
1000000%

The thread was basically unreadable for a while when we had certain posters spewing their club, local, whatever bias and piling on a teenage kid. Hence, the Grandmpa Simpson .gif I dropped in here a while back. Was so annoying, over and over, same stuff, no substance

Anyways, there seems to be so much drama and politics with him over in Finland. Whatever the causes were, not really important at this point, he just needs to get over to NA and play in the WHL. Fresh slate, fresh start, and he can start to really focus on honing his game under some coaching over here.

Agreed, to me he needs a lot of offensive touches of the puck as at times he's unsure what to do. The WHL is the best place for him to see alot of the puck and gain some confidence and some better decision making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad