Boston proves to be a non trustworthy trade partner

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If Jarmo was stupid enough to think that he could take a better deal if it came along and Boston couldn't then tough luck:

This really should be the end of the thread tbh but I appreciate the bruins triggering the usual suspects

I am in sales, this happens to me monthly. It's, sadly, a realistic part of life
Lol yup, same boat. Business is business

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
True but there have always been handshake agreements and I guess Boston wanted to abuse that trust. No matter how you look at it it is bad business and GMs in the future won't trust Sweeney. It's a weird career decision
Who said there even was a handshake agreement

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Columbus got played - plain and simple. Gavrikov sat for 5 games with the management thinking the deal is done and then Boston simply said screw you, we strike another deal

That's what I thought to when the first rumors for orlov came out. Gavirkov was probably just used to lower prices on orlov.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
You are assuming there was a handshake agreement in place.

JD should know better
True

If that isn't the case tho why is Columbus saying anything? I think best case scenario is Boston had an agreement with Columbus but needed to make room in some way and in those discussions they found a better trade with Washington

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Stuff like this is why guys like Lou Lam exist and have their demands of silence. Orlov is better though imo so good for Boston, but maybe Columbus give gavrikov to a potential Boston playoff opponent.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
There is only one reason why this is even a thread....

Cause it's the Bruins.

This type of stuff happens all the time during trades and any transaction in life(house selling, vehicle selling, situations in people's jobs etc)

But when the Boston Bruins do it??!!! It's 100% unacceptable and disrespectful

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
Bruins: "Can you take Craig Smith too? I need cap space in order to accomodate Gavrikov"
Columbus: "Sorry mate, no can't do"
Bruins: "Alright fine, let me see if I can make some cap space"
Columbus: "Sure, we'll wait, but if a better deal comes along we're taking it"

Bruins: "Hey Caps, can you take Smith for a pick? I need cap space to acquire a defenseman"
Caps: "Sure thing, we'll take him, but no need to overcomplicate this, give us your first rounder too and you can have Orlov as part of the deal"
Bruins: "Awesome, sounds like that solves all of our needs in a single transaction, lets do it"

Columbus, for some reason: "NOT FAIR!!"

Next time, take the cap hit. Not really Kekalainen's fault, I assume it was ownership that told him no to taking on dead cap.

Last edited:

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
I have visions of Kekalainen walking around the arena, bumping into Gavrikov and asking why he's still there when he's been traded a week ago, only nobody has the nerve to tell him.

Reactions: Sharkbomb

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
The first step to recovery is admitting you're the problem. Taylor Swift did it. Jarmo just isn't at that point yet.

Bottomline, every GM is in it to win. Jarmo wouldn't take the cash back creating this possibility. Next time stop trying to nickle and dime for the perfect deal. Plus he has a week left before the deadline. I'd get if this happened with minutes to spare. This is just whining to deflect from the fact he botched the deal.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Cause it's the Bruins.

This type of stuff happens all the time during trades and any transaction in life(house selling, vehicle selling, situations in people's jobs etc)

I disagree, I think any fanbase would have started this thread if it happened to their team regardless of the trade partner.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Should have tried to fleece the Oilers instead. Amateur hour.

Although, it’s not too late.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Cause it's the Bruins.

There is literally like 1, maybe 2 people tops saying this reflects badly on the Bruins.

Everyone else is telling CBJ to quit crying

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
True but there have always been handshake agreements and I guess Boston wanted to abuse that trust. No matter how you look at it it is bad business and GMs in the future won't trust Sweeney. It's a weird career decision

The BLUEJACKETS said if they got a better offer, no guarantees. But because Boston got a better offer and moved on they are thieves and liars. Got it.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I agree they're petty. Traded Hamilton to Calgary out of spite even tho the offer from Edmonton was better
It was proven not to be the case. Not at all out of spite, at least not to a conclusive level.

Wonder if DOPs will take a look at this, 2 games for hurting Jarmo's feelings ?

Knowing Parros, a maximum fine to an uninvolved party.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Columbus was probably tripping over themselves to swindle Boston, but you can't blame the Bruins for making a vastly better trade when it came along. CBJ would have taken a better offer than Boston's if a team was dumb enough to make one

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
No different than dating…last weekend you had a date, went well. Planned another date Saturday. During the week you ran into a hot chick and hit it off very well. Do you still do that Saturday date?

Reactions: Coach Parker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad