Boston proves to be a non trustworthy trade partner

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Yeah, sounds like CBJ may have just played themselves here. OP is just being salty.
What we know so far from different sources: Boston agreed to a deal Columbus wanted for Gavrikov, but asked for time to sort money issues, Columbus agreed to wait and sat Gavrikov. Then, Boston, while trying to find a deal to shed some salary cap found another seller and thought that deal fit them better so they went with it leaving Columbus hanging.

I know it’s all business and nothing personal, but it’s shitty for their reputation going forward

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
What we know so far from different sources: Boston agreed to a deal Columbus wanted for Gavrikov, but asked for time to sort money issues, Columbus agreed to wait and sat Gavrikov. Then, Boston, while trying to find a deal to shed some diary cap found another seller and thought that deal fit them better so they went with it leaving Columbus hanging.

I know it’s all business and nothing personal, but it’s shitty for their reputation going forward

Every party involved will recover.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Extended gavrikov to Vancouver for 2nd + 3rd

Then vancouver can sign dronov and bring tryamkin back...maybe ask ottawa nicely about zub and offer anaheim crumpets and tea for mintyukov.

Carolina are the NHLs nice guys so don't see why they can't offer us nikishin

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
"Proves" Not exactly. In any discussion of a deal, if there are conditions a team needs to perform to make it happen.

"I think I might have a deal for Craig Smith. If I can do that, we have a deal."

That is not a confirmed deal. The other GM that said "I was sure it was a done deal." probably talks to CLB who says, I can't move Gavrikov, I have a deal with Boston.

This is high school shit. I love it. :DD

Reactions: Coach Parker

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Extended gavrikov to Vancouver for 2nd + 3rd

Then vancouver can sign dronov and bring tryamkin back...maybe ask ottawa nicely about zub and offer anaheim crumpets and tea for mintyukov.

Carolina are the NHLs nice guys so don't see why they can't offer us nikishin
2024 1st or no deal

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
2024 1st or no deal
Vancouver's 1st is likely top 5-6

In fact their 2nd in 2023 is probably only a few spots behind Boston's 1st

Not to mention gavrikov is a ufa so if it's first or bust and no one offers a first in the next week columbus loses him for nothing

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Gonna be awkward for Columbus trying to trade Gavrikov or anyone else now, seems like the prudent thing to do here would have been to just move on.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
A deal isn't done until it's called into the league office, to operate otherwise is plain bad management and being naive.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad