Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I’ve been around crypto start ups and have an idea what’s needed financially to get going but I assumed that’s not a good example to gauge what a hockey database website needs. Lol thanks!
Straight up, I really don't know. It's just an educated guess. I worked for a SAS startup in Chicago and they were able to secure about 4M in venture capital just to start their website, fill out some staff and find a really crappy loft space in Wicker Park.

PP has a head start, but they are going to need investors.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Why are the Oilers dragging this out through the night? I don’t get it. They have to wake up in the morning and get everything completed. Hopefully Bowman’s alarm never goes off and has no cell service

I don't think they care about the Blues in this situation but it could be a way to stick it to the players, stressing them out and keeping them in the dark till the very last minute.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I don't think they care about the Blues in this situation but it could be a way to stick it to the players, stressing them out and keeping them in the dark till the very last minute.

To me it’s a bad move

It’s bad because if they are matching, they want to look aggressive, like they really want the players on their roster. If they wait until the very last minute, and don’t match, who does it benefit? It doesn’t benefit the Oilers in any way.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
To me it’s a bad move

It’s bad because if they are matching, they want to look aggressive, like they really want the players on their roster. If they wait until the very last minute, and don’t match, who does it benefit? It doesn’t benefit the Oilers in any way.
Right! All of this waiting around makes them look incompetent. Don't they know what to do already?! LOL

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
It doesn’t hurt them either. One thing that is not being talked about is the fact that Armstrong likely went to the Pilers to try to create a trade prior to the offer sheets.

Maybe Edmonton said no or set the price to high and Armstrong then put the offer sheets in.

On the other side of things, waiting doesn’t hurt the Oilers it only really prevents the Blues from doing further business. So I would likely wait until the last minute also. The players signed the contracts messing with the cap so the team may not need any reason to clarify things for them.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
It doesn’t hurt them either. One thing that is not being talked about is the fact that Armstrong likely went to the Pilers to try to create a trade prior to the offer sheets.

Maybe Edmonton said no or set the price to high and Armstrong then put the offer sheets in.

On the other side of things, waiting doesn’t hurt the Oilers it only really prevents the Blues from doing further business. So I would likely wait until the last minute also. The players signed the contracts messing with the cap so the team may not need any reason to clarify things for them.

It makes no sense if they are signing the players. Edmonton is in a win now mode. They don’t want disgruntled players on the roster.

They can’t wait until the last second and then claim how excited they are to have them on the roster. I mean,I guess they can, but it’s not a good look

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
It makes no sense if they are signing the players. Edmonton is in a win now mode. They don’t want disgruntled players on the roster.

They can’t wait until the last second and then claim how excited they are to have them on the roster. I mean,I guess they can, but it’s not a good look

I would expect the players to be professional. Broberg had already requested a trade, but he still played well for them.

I am not sure the players will be disgruntled after having an offer sheet matched.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I would expect the players to be professional. Broberg had already requested a trade, but he still played well for them.

I am not sure the players will be disgruntled after having an offer sheet matched.
Hard to be sad when you've just become a multi-millionaire.

Reactions: stlwahoo

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

To me it’s a bad move

Right! All of this waiting around makes them look incompetent. Don't they know what to do already?! LOL
Most likely they are trying to work on some other deal that would allow them to have salary space and match both offers, or at least Broberg. What that would be I’m not sure, but I suspect whether they are able to pull of another move in the final hours is what’s holding up.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
I can’t help but wonder how much Steen was involved with this decision. Like did he recognize Broberg as a target while watching him up close in Sweden? “Hey Army, with the right sauce that we can provide this kid will take off.”

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
When is Holloway a UFA? I learned earlier from Brian that Broberg has 4 years before UFA

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
When is Holloway a UFA? I learned earlier from Brian that Broberg has 4 years before UFA

Same, 4 years.. Its 7 seasons of pro hockey or when they are 27 at the start of free agency. Holloway has a September B-day, so its 5 years until 27. But he has 3 pro seasons, so its 4 years until UFA. He's signed for 2 years so we/Edmonton will have 2 more years of RFA.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
There's work to be done if the Oilers plan on matching either of these players. If we don't hear anything tonight, it's more likely they don't plan on matching.

Zero reason for the Oilers to do anything if they're not going to match.

I was about to post this. There is not much more reason to wait to match. You have to submit paperwork, and if you wait until the last minute you risk something going wrong and it not going through. The later it gets, the more I am leaning toward them not matching.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I was about to post this. There is not much more reason to wait to match. You have to submit paperwork, and if you wait until the last minute you risk something going wrong and it not going through. The later it gets, the more I am leaning toward them not matching.

Most teams wait until the very end out of spite so they give the least amount of time for the other team to react.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

My common sense agrees with you. My Blues fandom knows not to expect good things

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Most teams wait until the very end out of spite so they give the least amount of time for the other team to react.

Do they? Its not like offer sheets are common. Carolina matched Aho the next day. Colorado matched RoR like hours later. Weber they took 6 days to match, but I'm not sure what hour they matched. Is there an example where they matched the morning of their deadline?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
To me it’s a bad move

It’s bad because if they are matching, they want to look aggressive, like they really want the players on their roster. If they wait until the very last minute, and don’t match, who does it benefit? It doesn’t benefit the Oi
They can just tell the players they’re going to match. By waiting the entire week they force the Blues to kind of sit on their collective hands while they wait for a response.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad