Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
I think the savvier move for EDM is that Pod and Emberson are Holloway and Bros replacements. Their whole angle with players like Drai, Bouch, and McJesus is to take less money for the betterment of the team. How can you sell them on that while giving an unproven player who asked to be traded $4.58m when he was expected to sign for around $1.8m?

What lends further to that is Ceci and Emberson are both RD, Bro wants to play LD. It just seems like a huge gamble for a win now team to put all of that money into a player who's unhappy to slide over into that role.

Though I could see Bowman not wanting to lose an 8thOA and 14thOA for such a small return, but he could also say he didn't make the mess, and is just trying to clean it up if he doesn't match. A Drai extension would also soften the blow.

Either way, all the Blues stand to lose is a 2nd and a 3rd, so to me this is win/win for the Blues and lose/lose for the Oil.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
It becomes a modified, no guarantee, but an option.

I know it’s modified, but it’s a pretty sizable cap hit, not to mention the players past history and the situation not to long ago that brought him to Edmonton.

I admit I could be completely wrong. But I don’t see how it wouldn’t take a perfect storm for them to move him and pay for doing so if they are expecting to not take salary back.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know it’s modified, but it’s a pretty sizable cap hit, not to mention the players past history and the situation not to long ago that brought him to Edmonton.

I admit I could be completely wrong. But I don’t see how it wouldn’t take a perfect storm for them to move him and pay for doing so if they are expecting to not take salary back.
Just saying, it's an option. It's plausible that no teams would be interested that he'd be willing to waive for.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Weirdly enough Alexandrov is still showing on ours.

I don't understand... why remove a couple of RFA's from their teams (Seider, Jarvis, etc. are missing too) but keep others like Alexandrov. Did they forgot to remove some guys? Is this their way of 'hyping' up the OS-deadline?

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I don't understand... why remove a couple of RFA's from their teams (Seider, Jarvis, etc. are missing too) but keep others like Alexandrov. Did they forgot to remove some guys? Is this their way of 'hyping' up the OS-deadline?
It's probably just growing pains with PP. I remember when CapGeek was clunky and IB had to figure out a more clear way to make it make sense.

PP is most likely going to need to migrate to a different server with different software. This is going to take money. Lots of money.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think those website changes have ZERO to do with the offer sheets. Just an amusing coincidence.

I doubt they fail to match Broberg, because of the timing of the Ceci trade mainly. However, I think they'd probably be smarter to not match either guy and use the assets they obtain to get a more affordable replacement on D.

This has been the most engaging August for hockey news I can ever remember...except maybe when I was tracking where the Cup was visiting.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I think those website changes have ZERO to do with the offer sheets. Just an amusing coincidence.
Agree. It's going to take at least a solid year for PP to raise enough funds and plan for an upgrade. Cuz they definitely need to upgrade and I'm sure they understand this. Dark mode was easy. The rest will not be so easy without raising capital.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
An interesting point brought up by an Oilers fan on their board... I wonder if Bowman is now calling Armstrong and asking him what he'll give up in exchange for the Oilers not matching on Broberg? That would be an interesting move but I can see it happening. They'll match on Broberg if they have to, but if Army offers something more enticing than the 2nd rounder on the table then maybe they'd reconsider.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I don't think I'd offer more than a 2nd for an overpaid Broberg. They can keep him and we can revisit this when Bouchard potentially hits RFA status next offseason.

Reactions: Blueswin and mk80

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
An interesting point brought up by an Oilers fan on their board... I wonder if Bowman is now calling Armstrong and asking him what he'll give up in exchange for the Oilers not matching on Broberg? That would be an interesting move but I can see it happening. They'll match on Broberg if they have to, but if Army offers something more enticing than the 2nd rounder on the table then maybe they'd reconsider.

The most id add is Perunovich

Reactions: Xerloris and mk80

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Let’s hope Armstrong isn’t that stupid.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
If I’m Armstrong I’m saying my offer is the one I’ve made to your player, don’t match for my 2nd round pick or we can discuss next summer when I know you need to clear space for Bouchard.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
It's probably just growing pains with PP. I remember when CapGeek was clunky and IB had to figure out a more clear way to make it make sense.

PP is most likely going to need to migrate to a different server with different software. This is going to take money. Lots of money.
6 figures? 7 figures? Just curious

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm cautiously optimistic the Oil won't match either. It's the smart move. And because Bowman didn't draft either of them he's less likely to be attached to Broberg and Holloway than Holland was. It should be easier for him to see that having the picks and cap space at the deadline in a year they are all in is far better than where they will be if they match (unless they can move Nurse, which since he has a NMC and is overpaid by few mill annually, that seems unlikely).

Ceci deal initially threw me for a loop, but for price they paid clearing that cap space was smart regardless of the offer sheets. Matching Broberg just to play him on offside really hamstrings them because it's basically inconceivable he will be worth AAV to them this year and next year they are even more screwed. I think we get both.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
6 figures? 7 figures? Just curious
I really don't know. But if PP is going to make this work, then they're are going to need an investor. Easily 1m to start. It may sound like a lot, but 1M does not go very far. I know this from my budgeting days in the 49th Ward in Chicago. I and my team would usually wind up with about 600K of the 1M annual menu money that the City provides to each Ward to spend as they see fit. But that 600K is good for a whopping 4 or 5 blocks of pavement resurfacing, a few alley aprons (interfaces with streets) and a handful of sidewalk squares, which costs about 10-12K for 10 squares.

PP is gonna need an investor and I'm willing to wager that they are exploring this option, if they're serious, that is. 1M does not go very far.

Reactions: Drubilly

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Looks like we’re going to go into the night without knowing anything. I don’t blame the Oilers for dragging this all out til the very end, but man I’d like to know the outcome of whether we get one, both, or not.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
If that were to be the case, I would hope Army’s response would be that they can have our 2025 second as comp for the offer sheet.

No reason to pay extra.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
I really don't know. But if PP is going to make this work, then they're are going to need an investor. Easily 1m to start. It may sound like a lot, but 1M does not go very far. I know this from my budgeting days in the 49th Ward in Chicago. I and my team would usually wind up with about 600K of the 1M annual menu money that the City provides to each Ward to spend as they see fit. But that 600K is good for a whopping 4 or 5 blocks of pavement resurfacing, a few alley aprons (interfaces with streets) and a handful of sidewalk squares, which costs about 10-12K for 10 squares.

PP is gonna need an investor and I'm willing to wager that they are exploring this option, if they're serious, that is. 1M does not go very far.
I’ve been around crypto start ups and have an idea what’s needed financially to get going but I assumed that’s not a good example to gauge what a hockey database website needs. Lol thanks!

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Why are the Oilers dragging this out through the night? I don’t get it. They have to wake up in the morning and get everything completed. Hopefully Bowman’s alarm never goes off and has no cell service

Reactions: mk80

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
If that were to be the case, I would hope Army’s response would be that they can have our 2025 second as comp for the offer sheet.

No reason to pay extra.
1724112484380.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad