Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Probably, but no worries Blues wont reach in looooong time Stanley Cup finals.

Man, Tuesday can't come fast enough. What an interesting situation. I can see them matching Broberg, Holloway, both or neither depending on which direction they wanna go. It's anybody's guess at this point, but a decision I sure wouldn't wanna have to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
If Leddy were 6'4.

He doesn't process game at Leddy's level, but he has barely any NHL reps. I'd like to see what he could do with consistent top 4 minutes on his natural side for an extended period. I anticipate that over time the game will begin to slow down for him, allowing his talent to flourish. He and Jiricek could be quote a shutdown pair in time.
I’m guessing that this is exactly what Army was thinking when he made the offer.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
If Edmonton doesn’t make a trade before Tuesday, I don’t see why they would take the risk on matching Broberg. They may have an informal arrangement to trade Kulak/Ceci, but if they don’t do so before Tuesday, they’re F’d in any trade negotiation. Team A - “you know that Kulak for future considerations deal? Yeah, well the price is now a 1st.” Edmonton would have no choice, other than to go to other teams out of pure desparation…I’m sure this is part of the calculus in their decision making, and the longer this goes on without them making a trade, the better I feel about them not matching Broberg.

Reactions: Blueswin and mk80

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Its nice that any possible outcome, there is really nothing that hurts the Blues. Similarly, there is no really good outcome from any of those options for Edmonton.

I also like the use of the offer sheet. I'd like to see these used around the league more often. Its better for the players, better for competitive balance, and better for improving contract negotiations in general.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I expect that we’ll start getting a more clear view of the outcome of these offer sheets tomorrow.

Do we know by what time on Tuesday the offer sheets have to be matched? I assume it’s based on what time we made the offers, say like 11am Mountain Time, I wouldn’t think it’s some 11:59pm deadline tomorrow for the Oilers as if they were submitting a college paper?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I expect that we’ll start getting a more clear view of the outcome of these offer sheets tomorrow.

Do we know by what time on Tuesday the offer sheets have to be matched? I assume it’s based on what time we made the offers, say like 11am Mountain Time, I wouldn’t think it’s some 11:59pm deadline tomorrow for the Oilers as if they were submitting a college paper?
I think it’s early morning on Tuesday. 7:30 am central?

Reactions: mk80

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Its nice that any possible outcome, there is really nothing that hurts the Blues. Similarly, there is no really good outcome from any of those options for Edmonton.

I also like the use of the offer sheet. I'd like to see these used around the league more often. Its better for the players, better for competitive balance, and better for improving contract negotiations in general.
I'm not going to be too down about it if Edmonton matches both. Sounds like Army has some other things in the works.

Reactions: stlwahoo

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I got my Cup. I'm old enough now to where as long as I have good competitive hockey with a chance of competing, I'm good.

Just give me a team where night in and night out you feel like they've got a good chance to win. Playoffs and hopefully more championships will come.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
If both of these scenarios fall through, then is there still a window to offer sheet someone else? Or is there a limit to how many players you can offer sheet?

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
If both of these scenarios fall through, then is there still a window to offer sheet someone else? Or is there a limit to how many players you can offer sheet?
If there are unsigned RFAs and the Blues have the needed picks for compensation, then I dont think there is anything preventing them from signing. In theory, if Edmonton matched on Holloway but not on Broberg, the Blues would still have a 1st and 3rd that could be used to sign an RFA in either the 1st and 3rd compensation range (up to 6.871M) or the 3rd round compensation range.

Surveying the list of remaining RFAs, I dont think there is anyone else out there the Blues would entertain offering a contract that wouldnt be matched with Swayman, Jarvis and Harley being the marquis names.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Of all the things I thought I’d see, the Oilers adding another player before deciding was not on the list.
I did, but I thought it was going to be a RD and they'd bring back Holloway.

Tomorrow could get interesting. Really didn't expect Holloway to be coming to St. Louis. Still could change but the Podzolkin acquisition certainly hints that that will be the case.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
They still could match Broberg, so need to wait and see on him.
They could still match both. Podkolzin costs $1M against the cap. That is less than the cap relief you get for burying a contract. I would say it indicates they are replacing Holloway, but the cap amount is so minor it could be they just thought Pod was worth a 4th and would help when they move Kane and whoever else to sign Holloway/Broberg.

Reactions: mk80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad