Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If we end up with Broberg, whats everyone's realistic expectations for him to grow into? A 2nd pairing Dman? I know the range out outcomes varies quite a bit, and not necessarily looking for what people think his ceiling could be, just if they were to bet, where would you expect him to land on the depth chart in 2 years from now?

My guess is a 2nd pair LD who frustrates the hell out of the fanbase as he looks like a top pair D at times but makes too many bone-head mistakes to fill the role.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If we end up with Broberg, whats everyone's realistic expectations for him to grow into? A 2nd pairing Dman? I know the range out outcomes varies quite a bit, and not necessarily looking for what people think his ceiling could be, just if they were to bet, where would you expect him to land on the depth chart in 2 years from now?
I'd be happy if he became a 3/4. I think he will be our 4/5 this coming season if Oilers don't match. (Parayko 1, Leddy 2, Faulk 3, Sutter/Bro 4/5, Kessel 6). I think Suter and Bro would be flipping between the 2nd and 3rd pair depending on matchups and on ice scenarios.

My biggest questions about the depth chart in 2 years is more, how far has Lindstein, Jiricek, Kessel, and any other Defensive prospects have progressed and if Leddy, Krug, and Faulk are still here. Just too many questions for me to be able to make about the depth charts to make a decision. I'm just hoping he can be a solid part as the 2LD.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
he tried aggressively to move him last year and this year he's signaled the Krug era is over b/c his presence in the lineup is viewed THAT negatively by upper management.

Trying to trade a player is rarely because the GM hates them and what signals are you seeing? I think you're seeing shit and making up your own narrative about what stuff means. Army does not do shit like that. I mean he even painted Hayes as a great guy when we al know he was a douche bag.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

A 2nd pairing LD who’s just scratching the surface of being an NHL player. A bigger, better Gunnarson?

Reactions: Xerloris

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm optimistic that he can be a solid 2nd pair guy with elite skating, but at the same time, their is a high chance this is sort of Paajarvi and Yakupov 2.0. Different players, but flop potential is high.

Actually playing on his natural side in a role that suits him is why I'd be optimistic.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I'm optimistic that he can be a solid 2nd pair guy with elite skating, but at the same time, their is a high chance this is sort of Paajarvi and Yakupov 2.0. Different players, but flop potential is high.

Actually playing on his natural side in a role that suits him is why I'd be optimistic.

I wouldn't say that. He's already performed at the highest possible level with the most possible stress and didn't cave in and look like shit, in fact he apparently not only impressed several posters here, including myself but also Armstrong.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wouldn't say that. He's already performed at the highest possible level with the most possible stress and didn't cave in and look like shit, in fact he apparently not only impressed several posters here, including myself but also Armstrong.
It's an extremely small sample, guys get overpaid all the time because of playoffs and then regret it come regular season time.

There is plenty of reason for optimism for both players, but we should also acknowledge the risk with them.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
The more I learn about Broberg, the more certain I am he is going to be a Blue. He is a work in progress, and I don't think the Oilers can commit that much salary to a player who has shown so little at the NHL level. I think his hockey sense is the major reason he has taken a long time to break into the NHL. He doesn't always process the game quickly enough and makes poor decisions. The good thing is his physical tools are really high end. He's going to need reps and is going to make mistakes, but a player with his tools should be able to function well enough playing a safer game that requires less quick processing.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
It's an extremely small sample, guys get overpaid all the time because of playoffs and then regret it come regular season time.

There is plenty of reason for optimism for both players, but we should also acknowledge the risk with them.

You're absolutely right but it's only cap space we don't need and 2 years.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If they were 4 yrs on term, I would agree.

Even if the Oilers match, it was worth trying and reacquiring our pick from PIT
That's what I'm saying, it's absolutely a bet worth making, but we shouldn't act like this solves our defensive issues.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Maybe a Leddy type of player would be the hope for Broberg
If Leddy were 6'4.

He doesn't process game at Leddy's level, but he has barely any NHL reps. I'd like to see what he could do with consistent top 4 minutes on his natural side for an extended period. I anticipate that over time the game will begin to slow down for him, allowing his talent to flourish. He and Jiricek could be quote a shutdown pair in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad