Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Edmonton traded for Podkolzin. We are definitely getting Holloway at a minimum.
Makes it seem less likely that they match Holloway than I would have thought, but getting cheap winger may allow them wiggle room to match Broberg. That is reverse of what most of us, myself included, have been expecting.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I’ll echo the same as everyone so far. I definitely didn’t expect them bringing in a guy like Podkolzien who seems to be a cheaper option at $1M than Holloway would be if they matched.

It definitely gets my hopes up, but it still doesn’t mean they don’t match or make a subsequent move(s) to clear the room for Holloway, and Broberg for that matter.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I thought from the beginning that Edmonton would find a way to match both. Now I’m leaning towards thinking they sign neither. If they were only going to sign one, I thought it would be Holloway. Maybe Broberg really wanting out of Edmonton adds to the scale in the decision making.

Reactions: mk80

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Feel like the Podkilzien deal makes it seem likely they are gonna let Holloway go and match Broberg, hope I’m wrong. I would certainly welcome Holloway but Broberg is what we really need here.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Feel like the Podkilzien deal makes it seem likely they are gonna let Holloway go and match Broberg, hope I’m wrong. I would certainly welcome Holloway but Broberg is what we really need here.

Or they decided to let both go and went out got a cheap replacement for Holloway while standing pat at defense. The consensus before this move was that the OS for Broberg was too pricey on its own. While I think this move does have some barring on Holloway, I don't think it has any barring on Broberg. Every problem that they would have faced with matching on Broberg before today, still exist after this trade. The only thing bringing in Pod from Vancouver does is cushion the blow of Holloway, it does nothing to help with the Broberg OS.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
I'm really shocked that was all it took for Ceci.

I am also shocked that Broberg may now still be an Oiler especially after all the trade rumors came out about him wanting to be traded.

It sounded like he wanted more a set direction with instead of getting constantly told different things.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad