Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Been waiting to see the inevitable Parayko to Edmonton post. Oil fans just always end up going there.

Hey, if the Blues could turn a "2D" like Parayko into a "1D" like Broberg then we would be foolish not to do it! Sarcasm for those who didn't read Xerloris's link.

Is it Tuesday yet?

Reactions: BrokenFace

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Been waiting to see the inevitable Parayko to Edmonton post. Oil fans just always end up going there.
Other fan bases, especially Edmonton's, also think Parayko is a bad contract guy who could use a change of scenery to get back to his effective ways and could be had for a conditional 1st and a B prospect.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Apparently Broberg only asked for 1.8 from the Oilers. No chance they match it now lol.

Payback is a bitch for playing their part in taking prime Pronger from us.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I saw this posted on the Oilers subreddit. Any thoughts? :laugh::laugh:
Counter: Blues trade Jake Neighbours for Leon Draisaitl. They get a young, promising Alberta boy they covet and it would free up the cap space for them to sign Broberg (who is apparently better than Parayko) and Holloway and extend Bouchard and McDavid. 😉

Equally ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I’ve got to wonder why Edmonton would match on either player. We’re assuming the risk that the player produces at a much higher clip down the line not caring about their current production. They’re trying to squeeze the last little bit out of the McDrai era before their cap hits become immense.

I feel they would be much better suited taking the 2nd and 3rd and trying out some of their other young guys seeing if they spark a bit more production at the ELC status and worry more about keeping their somewhat young core intact.

They can find a productive player on the open market willing to sign at 2.29m, Holloway hasn’t been extremely productive for them. Broberg, same situation at a higher cap hit. It also gives them much more flexibility at the deadline to not have to move Kulak or Ceci. They may not be great, but you know what you’re going to get from them. Nobody has any idea what you’ll get from Holloway and/or Broberg in limited roles, you can’t really expect them to outperform what they did last season if you don’t give them more of a runway.

I like Holloways game. I think he has a really good possibility of being a Barbashev-esque player. I just can’t see the Oilers handcuffing themselves to hope he gets there sooner rather than later.
If they believe that Holloway's playoff performance is an accurate assessment of who he is as a player right now, then I think you can definitely justify $2.29M. If they believe that he can't sustain (and built off) that for the next 2 years and will revert back to the 2023/24 regular season version, then I agree that they could better spend the money.

I think Holloway's playoff performance was worth around $2M and the upside for him to improve over the next 2 years is worth that slight overpay, even for a contender with cap concerns.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Apparently Friedman thanks they’re going to match the offer for Holloway. I would think that means they won’t match for Broberg but we’ll see.

He's not going out on too much of a limb. I think them matching Holloway not Broberg is what most people think is the most likely. Broberg is the bigger cap hit and most overpaid.

blue zone

Apr 14, 2024
It's possible, but ignores the problem with year two of the contract...the fact that Ceci and Kulaks loss would really hurt the defense of a team in their Cup window and could place Broberg on the right side which is not optimal. Plus, they have neither a 1 or 2 in 2025 at the draft.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
As far as I can tell the “source” saying Friedman said that is some random f***ing twitter account:

The oilers very well may match the OS for Holloway, but this is pretty far from confirmation unless there’s another source of the quote…

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
As far as I can tell the “source” saying Friedman said that is some random f***ing twitter account:

The oilers very well may match the OS for Holloway, but this is pretty far from confirmation unless there’s another source of the quote…
Yeah, while I also think they will match Holloway, this feels more like EF speculating (if he actually said it, which is a bit unclear) than reporting. He is plugged in so he's likely correct, but I listened to his pod on this the other day, and he was pretty clear that neither club was speaking to him or other media about these sheets while they are still outstanding.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think our "real" target all along has been Broberg. I think we'd like both, but there's a reason we gave Broberg that AAV and not Holloway.
I remember the last two team deal where this forum went back and forth for a long time whether Steen or Colaiacovo was the real target of that trade. Later it was Shattenkirk or Stewart.

I really appreciate Doug making this part of the offseason so exciting.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I won't be surprised to see the Oilers match Holloway. But I also don't see that statement from Friedman as surefire at the moment given it's only reporting is through some twitter accounts not connected to him or other insiders, and a Habs blog site.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad