HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Pittsburgh is not moving Crosby. He wants to retire a Penguin and
We'll see

they're not going to move him without his agreement.
Well yes, that's what a NMC ensures. IF he decides he doesn't want to end his career missing he POs 4 years in a row, and the pens aren't able to get in this year & next, then I won't be surprised to see him agree to be moved to a place of his choice, getting another shot at PO success and giving the Pens a head start on the full rebuild that looks to be inevitable for them sooner than later...

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
We'll see

Well yes, that's what a NMC ensures. IF he decides he doesn't want to end his career missing he POs 4 years in a row, and the pens aren't able to get in this year & next, then I won't be surprised to see him agree to be moved to a place of his choice, getting another shot at PO success and giving the Pens a head start on the full rebuild that looks to be inevitable for them sooner than later...
Exactly.. im calling it now, Crosby going be pulling a (ray borque) with the Habs in 25-26

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I would try to see if we can get Dawson Mercer with the difficulties they have with his contract
He'd be an awesome add but I don't know what we have to make it worthwhile for the Devils. I doubt they care about picks, they were trying to trade the 10th OA last year. They also have 3 2nds this year.

Reactions: Garry Valk

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
That's how I interpreted the deal.

They also won't need to retain.
Yeah. I mean, i think he most likely ends his career a Penguin but if a situation is presenting itself where he can be traded and accepts, with this contract, Pens are gonna get solid return to start the rebuild. It was pretty obvious anyways that Crosby wouldn't get to UFA and sign with another team, letting Pens behind with nothing at all. He loves the franchise and will always do what's best for them.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Dvorak is still gone.
If Evans and Dvorak come in at the same AAV I'd probably prefer Dvorak, but it will all depend on how the season goes.

I could see them both walking if a team offers them 2.5-3.5 million with some term. Centers who can win faceoffs always find jobs in free agency and teams could sign them to play 4C and add extra depth at C

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If Evans and Dvorak come in at the same AAV I'd probably prefer Dvorak, but it will all depend on how the season goes.

I could see them both walking if a team offers them 2.5-3.5 million with some term. Centers who can win faceoffs always find jobs in free agency and teams could sign them to play 4C and add extra depth at C

I don't see any scenario where Dvorak wants to re-sign here. Evans, however, is one of the guys and I'm sure would stay if offered a reasonable contract to stay.

Plus Evans is a 4C while Dvorak can find a 3C job out there still. Beck/Kapanen would have every opportunity to still get that 3C job and Evans can flip flop with them relative to their struggles.

Reactions: morhilane

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Let's say WAS is having a bad year and OVI just retires. (he's injured i've heard)
So WAS going on a rebuild.
Would you be willing to trade for Tom Wilson for prospect and futures ?
30 years old at 6,5mil for a other 7 years

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Let's say WAS is having a bad year and OVI just retires. (he's injured i've heard)
Wilson is already far less impactful than he once was in the games I've seen him in.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Wilson is already far less impactful than he once was in the games I've seen him in.
II beleive this is the type of guy you need to win the cup,
Could he be in our 3rd line with Anderson
Wilson-Newhook-Anderson could be a great 3rd line.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
II beleive this is the type of guy you need to win the cup,
Could he be in our 3rd line with Anderson
Wilson-Newhook-Anderson could be a great 3rd line.

Dude he's not worth $6.5 million today, let alone in SEVEN years from now.

How could you possibly want to trade for one of the worst contracts in the NHL? If HuGo gave up assets for that it would be one of the worst trades in NHL history no joke. Wouldn't happen under any circumstances.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We can't even accelerate our rebuild because of guys like Dvorak/Anderson/Gallagher and their contracts, you want to add more to this issue?

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I've always liked Leonard; I was one of the people saying he was good when it was apparent we were taking Reinbacher or Leonard.

Reinbacher still makes the most sense as the pick, especially when you consider what we were able to do at the draft table literally a year later.

it will be interesting to see how it plays out, if we should have taken say Leonard and drafted a D this year instead considering the team knew there would be a plethora of capable D this year. I just think it's a rarity Demidov was there, who would have thought the Ducks take Senneke? Crazy draft this year, , I really never thought Demidov would be there at 5.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
it will be interesting to see how it plays out, if we should have taken say Leonard and drafted a D this year instead considering the team knew there would be a plethora of capable D this year. I just think it's a rarity Demidov was there, who would have thought the Ducks take Senneke? Crazy draft this year, , I really never thought Demidov would be there at 5.

However it went - it worked out. A lot of the draft is luck, many teams who make great picks have done so reluctantly after a guy who busted was taken ahead of them.

Reactions: Habs and morhilane

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I am a big Tom Wilson fan (he played his junior hockey here), but no. That contract is not going to age well.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We can't even accelerate our rebuild because of guys like Dvorak/Anderson/Gallagher and their contracts, you want to add more to this issue?
Quite a few "lets add a few 30+ years old to the line-up" suggestions the last few days, as if the team didn't have enough to offload already.

Also, the team is full at both forwards and dmens that we are actually talking trading players away to make place for incoming prospect.

• Love
Reactions: LaP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad