Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
1726067835319.png

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's not just the kids, who need to continue to develop. Our coaches have to be better also.
This will be the 1st year where MSL could get a ton of pressure, to be better.
This was always the year the hammer was going to fall. IMO
I remember the discussions around Marty in his first full season inferred that the advantage of not needing to win would be going away this year.
I thought it was logical to have more demands put on him this season before his next contract.
It didn't play out that way as he's already re-signed but the vibe coming from management does seems to reflect it.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This was always the year the hammer was going to fall. IMO
I remember the discussions around Marty in his first full season inferred that the advantage of not needing to win would be going away this year.
I thought it was logical to have more demands put on him this season before his next contract.
It didn't play out that way as he's already re-signed but the vibe coming from management does seems to reflect it.
Our 5 on 5 play has been good......................our PP\PK has not been good. Our system of man to man in our own end has been beyond awful. And the weird zone box they play on the PK leaves two guys down low, open and by themselves in front of the goalie.
I just don't get it.........................anyhow, I was hoping they would replace Burrows, but here we are.

Reactions: Rapala

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Last edited:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Outside of simply "increased pressure for playoffs" I think this season will be a pretty pivotal one for the team going forward.

1. Injury bounce backs. Both Laine and Dach are reaching a stage in their career where they are being defined by their injured status. Both have a lot to prove in staying healthy and playing games that will impact the rest of their careers.

2. Dynamic forward group. With the evolution of Slaf, the return of Dach, the addition of Laine, and potentially the addition of Hutson this group doesn't lack for offensive flair.

Add in St. Louis coaching and I wonder if the Habs will become a legitimate offensive threat. I feel like no matter what it should be entertaining hockey, and we should see some scoring numbers higher than we've seen in a long time. If these guys still can't produce, it starts to raise some questions.

3. Goalies. People aren't talking about this. There's no Jake Allen back there anymore. Not that he was very good but he was competition. Neither Monty or Primeau has proven enough to be a real starter, and both have been in the league for years. Finally they're both on a team with no bonafide starter, right as they are maturing into real players. I hope neither has a long leash and we encourage competition in the net to sort the wheat from the chaff. Should be fun to watch.

This doesn't need to be the year they break through in fantastic fashion like NJ a couple years back, but they do need to show some growth in a few key depts.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
@WeThreeKings you’re a goalie guy, right? I keep searching for new setups hopefully from Primeau, Monty, and Dobes. Have you spotted anything new yet? Dobes and Monty appear to be in same sets as last year but I know it’s still early…

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
@WeThreeKings you’re a goalie guy, right? I keep searching for new setups hopefully from Primeau, Monty, and Dobes. Have you spotted anything new yet? Dobes and Monty appear to be in same sets as last year but I know it’s still early…

Fowler has a new set for BC.

Monty is in his same pads as last year so far. Primeau I haven't seen and Dobes also in his late season Reds.

Might not have started to use their new kits yet.

Reactions: austin316

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Fowler has a new set for BC.

Monty is in his same pads as last year so far. Primeau I haven't seen and Dobes also in his late season Reds.

Might not have started to use their new kits yet.
What is Fowlers new set like? I can’t seem to find any pictures on twitter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad