Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
small price to pay for the greater good

acting like all Oilers fans weren't on board with actively tanking from 2010 - 2015. Back then we wanted them to lose to get better players, I wanted them to lose so our front office can get cleaned out

only difference is, you supported Holland & Co and now Bowman & Co. I don't and neither do a larger portion of the fanbase.
I hate having anything like this close to the Oil so they better be certain of everything that happened with Bowman in Chicago.
Take the compensation for Holloway to send a message. Match Broberg. Keep him until he find someone better.

Broberg is who St. Louis really wants.
I think this is the best option, hopefully if they do match Broberg he doesn't suck and we can trade him for more than a 2nd eventually.

Reactions: Canovin

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Can you really blame Broberg for taking 4.5 mil a season? Pay me that amount and I'd play for the flames.
Or he could have tried proving himself as a top 4 defender on a Stanley Cup winning calibre team then see what he's worth in two years.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Or he could have tried proving himself as a top 4 defender on a Stanley Cup winning calibre team and see what he's worth in two years.
Nah, he did the smart thing especially with his injury history.
LOL these types of genius comments are what we have to look forward to for the next 5 years with Bowman at the helm.
I don't think that poster will be around in 5 years if this shit continues.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Hey folks. Anybody read the St. Louis article on The Athletic? Rutherford refered to this as a "deal". Personally I think it's a dck move by them.

Reactions: McDoused

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Well he gave us the poison pill of Koskinen on his way out. Not to mention trading for that clown that injured McDavid. Seems to me like he may have had an axe to grind.
So he made bunch of terrible moves, made the team worse, and he's mad at us? Come on, there's no way he doesn't understand why he got fired.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hey folks. Anybody read the St. Louis article on The Athletic? Rutherford refered to this as a "deal". Personally I think it's a dck move by them.
I don't think so at all. Team has a weakness, you attack it. No different than picking cap strapped teams clean.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It takes like 6-12 weeks for an athlete to recover from sports hernia surgery. No way he's gone until the playoffs.
You’re assuming no complications or setbacks or a slower than average healer.

But yes, mid September he fails TC medical, goes LTIR and gets surgery in the week or two, means he’s back in Early to late Feb.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Its tough because if Broberg turns out to be a top 4 RD it would be pretty stupid to walk away from him. The d market is incredibly thin especially at RD.

But at 4.6 for a team that’s right against the cap, that’s a really difficult decision to make. Theres a chance that Broberg is just a bottom pairing dman.

I guess kudos to the Blues for putting us in a tough spot.
Broberg is a LHD. He plays somewhat ok on the right side, but it was only luck that Nurse and him didn't implode in the finals as a pairing.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Well he gave us the poison pill of Koskinen on his way out. Not to mention trading for that clown that injured McDavid. Seems to me like he may have had an axe to grind.
Guy was fired and then was a league pariah for "screwing up the Oilers." Many of the mistakes laid at his feet are deserved; however, he'll probably argue that he was let down by other in the organization. The guy that takes the bullet for a team's incompetence often doesn't love those that survive.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So he made bunch of terrible moves, made the team worse, and he's mad at us? Come on, there's no way he doesn't understand why he got fired.
I don't know either way, but the Koskinen deal sure seemed to be made in spite. He shouldn't have had the keys to the car at that point tbh.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't know either way, but the Koskinen deal sure seemed to be made in spite. He shouldn't have had the keys to the car at that point tbh.
Hasn't it been reported that that was a Bob Nicholson/Kevin Lowe deal? In any case, the simplest explanation is that the Blues really like Broberg.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So do you look at bringing back Barrie? League minimum, and you know he has chemistry with Nurse… If you keep the cap low enough you don’t need the Kane LTIR money, you can go for a big fish at the deadline to sort out the second pairing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad