Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Dubas resents the Oilers signing Hyman.

Blues are still bitter over “wakey wakey Backes”.

That’s all I got lol.
If you are looking for people in St. Louis with axes to grind... Peter Chiarelli works for the Blues and Armstrong is Holland's Hockey Canada buddy.

If McDavid and Hyman were petty bastards that weren't dying to play for Canada, they'd let Armstrong know that they will be "tired" in February for the Four Nations tournament.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
No, I believe these offersheets would happen regardless of who is the gm. One of the speaking points regarding stan bowman was his experience and old boy networks in the league.. Basically holland part two who oddly enough put us in this mess.
Bowman had no input into anything before he was hired. Pretty sad when people are cheering for Bowman and as a result the Oilers to fail when they are supposed to be fans of the team. May as well start hoping for your relatives to fail if they don't listen to your advice to give you the warm and fuzzies too.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I cheer for the Oilers to have a competent management group who know how to navigate running a winning professional sports organization in the 21st century. can you get me that on a jersey?

lets stick to the topic of this tread for now, going off topic here

We can agree with that.

Reactions: brentashton

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
If you are looking for people in St. Louis with axes to grind... Peter Chiarelli works for the Blues and Armstrong is Holland's Hockey Canada buddy.

If McDavid and Hyman were petty bastards that weren't dying to play for Canada, they'd let Armstrong know that they will be "tired" in February for the Four Nations tournament.
Why in the world would Chiarelli have an axe to grind with Edmonton?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Honestly, this screams hatred towards Bowman and I'm not even a little bit surprised. Such a terrible hire and now this little welcome bonus. I could be wrong but doesn't seem like a coincidence to me 🤷
It's a damned good thing that teams are making multi million dollar decisions based on their hate for Bowman. It's a complete 180 to teams bending over for us when we had the lovable grandpa Holland in place.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I actually thought you needed to have all your picks before making the offersheet? This whole not having the picks and making offsheet and then trading for the picks after is sketchy as f**k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad