F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Laughable to me that Demidov dropped to 5th. I get the Celebrini hype, but otherwise we're seeing teams making the same damn mistake every year. Next year going to be groundhog day, with Ryabkin falling to 5th or 6th.
Are you sayin its same case with Michkov dropping at 7?
Ryabkin should do well with Demidov after the Habs pick him at 5. (Sarcasm there…)

Players drafted 2 and 4 all very nice prospects too. Not sure about 3 Sennecke. Reach to me.

Not sure if Reinbacher and Simachev picked 5-6 to be honest. Good but very nice at this point i dont see it. NHLers most probably of course.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Especially ones w 3 year contracts

When Russian players start saying "we don't want to come over anymore" (won't happen), that's when you start passing on them.

They all want to be in the NHL, especially the really good ones. This is being proven over and over and over again.

The other annoying tendency is taking C and D over W. That only makes sense when things are equal. But Demidov is clearly better than Levshunov, Lindstrom. Just watch the games, watch the skill. Scouts, GMs are silly, silly people. History proves this to be true.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
When Russian players start saying "we don't want to come over anymore" (won't happen), that's when you start passing on them.
Seems like people think every Russian player says this anyway despite the fact it’s literally never true

Hilarious people thought Michkov wasn’t coming for 3 years tbh

Reactions: gab6511

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Seems like people think every Russian player says this anyway despite the fact it’s literally never true

Hilarious people thought Michkov wasn’t coming for 3 years tbh
How is it hilarious ? He literally had 3 years left on his contract at the time of the draft. Was it possible he came before that ? Of course , anything is possible . Was it a slam dunk or overly likely ? Absolutely not . Unless you have some info to the contrary . Which I’d legitimately be interested in reading .

Last edited:
Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
How is it hilarious ? He literally signed a 3 year contract just prior to the draft. Was it possible he came before that ? Of course , anything is possible . Was it a slam dunk or overly likely ? Absolutely not . Unless you have some info to the contrary . Which I’d legitimately be interested in reading .
It was always more likely than not and I, along with other Russian posters, said so at the time

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
How is it hilarious ? He literally signed a 3 year contract just prior to the draft. Was it possible he came before that ? Of course , anything is possible . Was it a slam dunk or overly likely ? Absolutely not . Unless you have some info to the contrary . Which I’d legitimately be interested in reading .

Michkov signed a five year contract in 2021. Considering he was 16 at the time and two years out from being drafted, that signing has to be seen under a different light altogether.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
The habs fans who were constantly talking about how Michkov can't get ice time can't make the team are sure quiet :sarcasm:
This is exactly why i've been quiet on the whole situation. I have no clue who is gonna be a better player. Of course i have my hunches.

So far is seems like Demidov is dealing with some of the hurdles Michkov had to deal with. We'll have an idea of how he handles it in comparison

santapore

Oct 11, 2010
so 4 games for ska. 3 games for demi and 0+1. 1 in the bench. i said month ago that demidov makes 25points in khl....is not that crazy now right? coach is asshole....and demidov is played only junior games before this season. maybe i should drop my prediction...to 20?:)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'll just say that ever since the KHL season started and Demidov started getting dicked around, my twitter feed has a lot less Hab fans.

And make no mistake about it, Demidov is getting dicked around. He looks good out there.

He just got on the ice a few weeks back after being out all off-season to the ankle injury he got in the MHL Finals. He's looked the part so far but he also clearly looks like he badly needs to work on his first step quickness and lower body strength as he's easy to push off pucks and lacks the speed to separate himself from others when he's not moving his feet.

I thought he would spend most of the year in the VHL on a line with his brother or Romanov his linemate from last year, so we'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

The habs fans who were constantly talking about how Michkov can't get ice time can't make the team are sure quiet :sarcasm:

Michkov in the one game he played for SKA last year I believe he played like 6 mins (I'd have to look it up though), Demidov's first 2 games combined he played 27:38 mins.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so 4 games for ska. 3 games for demi and 0+1. 1 in the bench. i said month ago that demidov makes 25points in khl....is not that crazy now right? coach is asshole....and demidov is played only junior games before this season. maybe i should drop my prediction...to 20?:)

He's played in the KHL and VHL before this season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i dont say that vhl should be demidov's place. khl is fine if he gets playing time.

you said he only played junior games.

The KHL is fine, the VHL is fine, he knows how to hockey but needs a lot of work on physical tools, so points and playing time aren't important as it's not like he's going to forget how to pass the puck but if he doesn't work on that first step quickness and add a good bit of lower body strength, he will have issues at the NHL level.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
SKA really struggle creating offense and they often have trouble getting out of the D zone, I really think their D struggle feeding the offense. I love what I saw in the 3 games I watched of Demidov, in the O zone is always trying to create something with nice passes and has nice chances off the rush, on the forecheck he doesn't shy away from contact and often initiate contact to create separation. Unfortunately, he is victim of a team that often trail in the game and skip a lot of shifts. As soon as SKA will pick up their offensive game he will be fine

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
SKA really struggle creating offense and they often have trouble getting out of the D zone, I really think their D struggle feeding the offense. I love what I saw in the 3 games I watched of Demidov, in the O zone is always trying to create something with nice passes and has nice chances off the rush, on the forecheck he doesn't shy away from contact and often initiate contact to create separation. Unfortunately, he is victim of a team that often trail in the game and skip a lot of shifts. As soon as SKA will pick up their offensive game he will be fine

I would've thought that a Nikishin/Zaitsev pairing would've been KHL elite but Nikishin hasn't played and Zaitsev looks like he didn't work out much this summer.

That 20 year old kid looks promising but hasn't looked good yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad