F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
The most electrifying man in hockey entertainment history ?
1726501255582.gif

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I'm not following as closely as I have been in recent times, is there rumblings they're going to demote / even possibly send him to Sochi? Would probably help his development more, SKA is a dumpster fire for young talent.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I'm not following as closely as I have been in recent times, is there rumblings they're going to demote / even possibly send him to Sochi? Would probably help his development more, SKA is a dumpster fire for young talent.

I don't think he's playing so bad that he'd get shipped off to Sochi...

Anywho to the best of my knowledge he can't get loaned out because he's in the last year of his contract.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
If anyone is thinking about him being sent down I would recommend watching his last game,

The whole jist of it was for him to get more playing time and put in more advantageous places for him to grow, he had 1 point in 4 games prior and it was a drop off pass where a guy made a crazy shot, don't act like he's completely dominating getting prime playing minutes currently. lmao, Michkov went through the same thing even though he's a better prospect, it wasn't a jab.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
If anyone is thinking about him being sent down I would recommend watching his last game,

I don’t think anyone is saying he can’t hack it in the KHL but he’d undoubtedly get more minutes on another club / league potentially . What is his best development path?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The whole jist of it was for him to get more playing time and put in more advantageous places for him to grow, he had 1 point in 4 games prior and it was a drop off pass where a guy made a crazy shot, don't act like he's completely dominating getting prime playing minutes currently. lmao, Michkov went through the same thing even though he's a better prospect, it wasn't a jab.

He played 28 mins over the 1st 2 games, how does that compare to Michkov who played what 6 mins in 1 game last year and was then traded.

Demidov doesn't need more TOI, he needs to work on getting strong, adding mass and strength especially to his lower body. He needs to work on his first step quickness.

Demidov is the better prospect imo, I don't make jabs, just post opinions based off what I see.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
He played 28 mins over the 1st 2 games, how does that compare to Michkov who played what 6 mins in 1 game last year and was then traded.

Demidov doesn't need more TOI, he needs to work on getting strong, adding mass and strength especially to his lower body. He needs to work on his first step quickness.

Demidov is the better prospect imo, I don't make jabs, just post opinions based off what I see.

You typing that Demidov is a better prospect just tells me you haven't watched enough Michkov, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I agree, his skating is an issue, but I think he just would benefit from playing on a team that deployed him like the type of talent he his, the number one option, or something close to that, SKA runs a tight ship. I think most Montreal fans would like to see him do that. No Habs fan cares about the KHL, rather his development that will show in the NHL. I've said in other threads he's clearly a top 5 prospect in the world, so I'm high on the guy he has the talent but I think he needs the correct deployment to help him reach his potential.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
You typing that Demidov is a better prospect just tells me you haven't watched enough Michkov, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I agree, his skating is an issue, but I think he just would benefit from playing on a team that deployed him like the type of talent he his, the number one option, or something close to that, SKA runs a tight ship. I think most Montreal fans would like to see him do that. No Habs fan cares about the KHL, rather his development that will show in the NHL. I've said in other threads he's clearly a top 5 prospect in the world, so I'm high on the guy he has the talent but I think he needs the correct deployment to help him reach his potential.
Telling @montreal he haven't seen Michkov enough is certainly something lol.

As for Demidov, would it be better if he played 18-19 minutes with PP1 time? Yes, it would be a better way for him to develop faster and he'd help them win more since he looks better than many of the other players already,

Is he in a very bad situation where he's not seeing any ice at all? No, it's not that dramatic. He's able to create a bunch and pretty sure he'll get to see PP time soon.

It's just 1 year.

Last edited:

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
SKA needs to win, so they need to keep Demi in the lineup. They should increase his ice time over the season as they realize their chance of winning increases at the same rate as they increase his ice time.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
SKA needs to win, so they need to keep Demi in the lineup. They should increase his ice time over the season as they realize their chance of winning increases at the same rate as they increase his ice time.
If a person actually watches the game, It's clear that the players on the team know what Demidov is. His teammates, Kuzy is particular, are constantly trying to get the puck to him. They recognize that their best chances come when he gets touches. As the season progresses, Rotenberg will either figure it out, or not. I don't really care either way. Demidov is the real deal. He knows it, his teammates know it, we know it. When he gets to Montreal, the rest of the NHL will know it too.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Telling @montreal he haven't seen Michkov enough is certainly something lol.

As for Demidov, would it be better if he played 18-19 minutes with PP1 time? Yes, it would be a better way for him to develop faster and he'd help them win more since he looks better than many of the other players already,

Is he in a very bad situation where he's not seeing any ice at all? No, it's not that dramatic. He's able to create a bunch and pretty sure he'll get to see PP time soon.

It's just 1 year.

I don't know the man wasn't an attack on him by any means. I just was saying I think he'd develop at a more appropriate rate on a team that deploys him correctly. "pretty sure" doesn't mean for sure, we both know how the team is run, it's a joke.

Again, "should" and "pretty sure" aren't definites, the team has a track record of not deploying young talented players correctly. Hopefully it does happen, he deserves it, but would prefer it's soon.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
If a person actually watches the game, It's clear that the players on the team know what Demidov is. His teammates, Kuzy is particular, are constantly trying to get the puck to him. They recognize that their best chances come when he gets touches. As the season progresses, Rotenberg will either figure it out, or not. I don't really care either way. Demidov is the real deal. He knows it, his teammates know it, we know it. When he gets to Montreal, the rest of the NHL will know it too.
He’s a great prospect , not some mystery box . When he arrives in the NHL it will be to heavy fanfare .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I've watched Michkov since he was 15 because he was teammates with Hab prospect Alexander Gordin. I have said Michkov reminds me a bit of a better Caufield and that's where I think his game is. I did not get to see him much this year, just once or twice vs Bogdan Konyushkov. I did watch some of his VHL games.

I think Demidov is the better NHL prospect because I like the way he plays the game vs Michkov. But Demidov is lacking in physical tools of strength, 1st step quickness, so for now there has to be more projection about his upside.

Here's all my vids of him,

here's some more but since these vids were made for Hab fans, I don't know which vids he appears in only that I know he's in some of them,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad