Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
One of my main concerns is that we ran into that the year prior with Krug where he was injured and it was easy to write that off as he should be better next year.

I think we could improve by moving one of them regardless of who it is. The issue is the quality you'd have to bring in to replace Faulk momentarily would need to be higher than it would be for Krug. Both have a skill set that is a benefit, but for god's sake I can't watch those two paired together anymore. The issue with not pairing them together as well at this time is then you are forced to absolutely cave in Parayko and Leddy because we don't have a strong bottom half of the group.

In a perfect world, you could form either the 2nd or 3rd pair into a defensively strong - offensively inept pairing that you can throw out there 18 minutes a night. I just am not sure I can trust Krug/Faulk as a pair to be out there in sheltered minutes and not give up 2 goals a night on miscommunications or errors regularly.

I actually liked the Kessel, Krug pairing and hope they use it this year if nothing else is done.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I actually liked the Kessel, Krug pairing and hope they use it this year if nothing else is done.
I agree with this.

Leddy-Parayko
?????-Faulk
Krug-Kessel

Should be the pairings this season. I don't want Tucker or Peru seeing major ice time so that also Defaults POJ into 2LHD.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I agree with this.

Leddy-Parayko
?????-Faulk
Krug-Kessel

Should be the pairings this season. I don't want Tucker or Peru seeing major ice time so that also Defaults POJ into 2LHD.

Now that we know it's probably going to be

Leddy - Parayko
Suter - Faulk
Krug - Kessel

I don't think our D looks that bad, I mean not gonna be a powerhouse but certainly more stable looking than the last 3-4 years.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Now that we know it's probably going to be

Leddy - Parayko
Suter - Faulk
Krug - Kessel

I don't think our D looks that bad, I mean not gonna be a powerhouse but certainly more stable looking than the last 3-4 years.

Haven’t seen much or Suter, but is he even a number 5 or 6 at this point? I bet he has made more money in buyouts than in contracts.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
On this team I could see him being a 4. Says more about how dire our defensive situation is than anything.

Yeah not a great 4, but at least he won’t be on the pairing getting the hardest minutes.

I like him as a fit with Faulk more than any of the LHD not named Leddy on this roster. He can just sit back defensively while Faulk can play to his strengths.

Reactions: ds774622

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Haven’t seen much or Suter, but is he even a number 5 or 6 at this point? I bet he has made more money in buyouts than in contracts.
He was the #4 in Dallas for most the year and then the #5 after they acquired Tanev. His 17:50 a night in the playoffs was 5:48 a night more than their #6. He was also on their 2nd PK unit.

He has tons of flaws, but he is still very much a number 5 or 6. Realistically, he's probably a bit closer to being a #4 than a #6.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
Krug will be a Red Wing, its just writing on the wall at this point:
-Det has 20 mil in cap space (Raymond and Seider RFA's but still space esp if they take bridges)
-Detroit needs a PP QB since they lost Ghost who dropped over 50 pts in that role. Traded Walman with a second also to get rid of him.
-Krug from Detroit suburbs, definitely waives to go there. Closer to playoffs too.
-Army and Yzerman have made so many trades at this point why not

I'm sure I'm wrong though and Krug will play out his whole contract in a Blues jersey

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
-Det has 20 mil in cap space (Raymond and Seider RFA's but still space esp if they take bridges)
-Detroit needs a PP QB since they lost Ghost who dropped over 50 pts in that role. Traded Walman with a second also to get rid of him.
-Krug from Detroit suburbs, definitely waives to go there. Closer to playoffs too.

I'm sure I'm wrong though and Krug will play out his whole contract in a Blues jersey
Ya I’ve been wondering about Krug going to Detroit too with all those points you outlined, it just makes too much sense…its almost like the universe is demanding it to happen lol.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

Except that they already went out and signed Eric Gustafsson to be Ghost's replacement and they have a really deep pool of defensive prospects on the way.
I just don't see the fit.

Having said that, I could see Boston having some interest. Neither Lorhei nor Wotherspoon really cemented themselves as a fixture, and Krug would be an adequate replacement for Gryzlek. And they have the cap space.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
8wmy5v.jpg

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I keep having the weirdest feeling that we’re going to trade one of the LHD(Krug/Leddy) for Laine, and then one of the forwards+Peru for an actual top 2-4 guy.

I know a fair amount of people wouldn’t like it, but man, I’d be curious to see how he’d look with a center of Thomas’ quality feeding him one timers. He’s also not as bad defensively as people say. Kinda like Kyrou.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I think Krug is going to be traded its just a matter of when. Suter wouldn’t sign with us to be a 7th dman he wants minutes. I like Perunovich and think they should hold onto him especially if Krug gets traded. Laine doesn’t make sense when we have two young snipers in Snuggs and Bolduc.

Makes sense to hold onto Leddy until Lindstein is ready, Krug is the odd one out. He’s not even bad he’s a good player
he just doesn’t fit our d core, he needs a defensive dman partner to be effective. I thought thats why they would try a Krug-Kessel pairing this year but after signing Suter (also Peru and Joseph) he’s gonna have to be traded. Or Army might get ruthless and threaten to waive him lol. We’ll see.

-edit will say tho Laine with Thomas would be fun to watch for sure.

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I think Krug is going to be traded its just a matter of when. Suter wouldn’t sign with us to be a 7th dman he wants minutes. I like Perunovich and think they should hold onto him especially if Krug gets traded. Laine doesn’t make sense when we have two young snipers in Snuggs and Bolduc.

Makes sense to hold onto Leddy until Lindstein is ready, Krug is the odd one out. He’s not even bad he’s a good player
he just doesn’t fit our d core, he needs a defensive dman partner to be effective. I thought thats why they would try a Krug-Kessel pairing this year but after signing Suter (also Peru and Joseph) he’s gonna have to be traded. Or Army might get ruthless and threaten to waive him lol. We’ll see.

I’d prefer it to be Krug as well. I’d much rather keep Leddy.

Also, we should NOT assume either of them will put up the same numbers Laine has had. Let alone in the next 2 seasons.

We have 2 RHS currently in our top 9, and neither of them have a good one timer for the PP. Snuggy SHOULD get there, but at minimum that won’t happen until next season.

I just want as much talent possible to insulate all the prospects we’re going to be bringing in over the next few years.

Last edited:

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I don’t see it happening but I could totally get behind a Krug/Laine swap. He has obviously had his struggles on/off the ice but is a proven elite goal scorer in this league and the Blues need elite talent. Like I said though it would be shocking if it actually happened, not sure why he would waive to go there.

I would also be shocked if Army decided to trade Leddy, he’s actually been solid despite his flaws and his deal is more than fair for what he brings. He should be kept for the sole reason that his calming presence next to Parayko allows him to play better.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The main issue there, no shot he waives for Columbus. That's the issue I have with Krug trade discussions. The teams he might waive for is probably pretty limited, and we have no idea who they are. The cost to move him, could be very expensive, especially depending on if we are taking something back in return. Is it 2 equalish cap dumps or do we have to pay a significant amount? And as a last resort, there is always waivers where we hope and pay someone just grabs him, or it scares him into just accepting a trade somewhere.

Reactions: BrokenFace

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Do we have to attach a draft pick to move Krug or take back another bad contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad