Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Pre-arthritis, also known as stage zero or pre-osteoarthritis (pre-OA), is a normal, healthy joint before the disease develops. It can also refer to an early stage of OA when cellular damage is starting to occur, but there are no clinical signs or symptoms. For example, a knee might have risk factors for pre-OA, but no pain, normal radiographs, or structural changes on MRI or arthroscopy.

What professional hockey player his age doesn’t have this??

Seems like he’ll be LTIRd, possibly LTIRetired, because his ankle might one day develop arthritis…maybe.

This is hilarious.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Seems like he’ll be LTIRd, possibly LTIRetired, because his ankle might one day develop arthritis…maybe.

This is hilarious.
Sucks for Krug if it would indeed be a career ender, but in terms of salary cap relief it would open a nice chunk of change up for us moving forward.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL

This is hilarious.
I would be pretty surprised if that was the case. In JR's article he said the Blues announced "The club said in a statement that the injury is “a cumulative result of a bone fracture suffered earlier in his playing career.” So it seems its an actual injury.

I do think there is a good chance he misses this season but I doubt he is going to go the LRIRetired route.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Sucks for Krug if it would indeed be a career ender, but in terms of salary cap relief it would open a nice chunk of change up for us moving forward.
Not really any cap relief. At least not with where they’re currently at with the Cap. LTIR allows you to replace the cap by the amount you go over the Cap. The Blues were around $7M under the cap so this wouldn’t even take them over the cap.

This would really only help them with cap space if they were pressed up against the cap limit as is.

However, if they were able to make some sort of trade that’d add about $7M to the cap (somehow trading for a ~ $8M AAV player who would then replace someone at the bottom making $775k to around $1M) then they would be able to take advantage of additional cap space.

Reactions: mk80

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I would be pretty surprised if that was the case. In JR's article he said the Blues announced "The club said in a statement that the injury is “a cumulative result of a bone fracture suffered earlier in his playing career.” So it seems its an actual injury.

I do think there is a good chance he misses this season but I doubt he is going to go the LRIRetired route.
Yeah, I’m calling BS on this. Pre-arthritic changes? Really? What 33 year old player doesn’t have some joint issues? Maybe there’s a real issue but this seems fishy as heck to me.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Def has the vibe that Armstrong has had enough of the Krug era. No one to blame but himself. But he’s had enough.

Krug never had a chance from the start due to the perception among fans that he was Petro's "replacement." The fans were against him from the start and he didn't deserve all the hate he has received. Sure, he has his flaws like most players but he's a gamer and he clearly wanted to be here and be a St. Louis Blue. I feel bad for the guy, but hope whatever happens that it works out for him. Either he plays hockey or gets to spend a lot of quality time with his family.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Personally I am not a fan of using IR to get out of contract you don't want, whether its for cap circumvention, cap space or whatever. I have been critical of other teams doing it so it would hypocritical of me to like this move for the Blues if that's what they are doing. If what Pagnotta is saying is true that Krug nixed another trade I could see Army signing all these 1 way defense contracts and telling Krug he is going to have to compete for ice time this year and possibly be waived. Then boom suddenly Krug has a mysterious injury that could keep him out for a long time.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Personally I am not a fan of using IR to get out of contract you don't want, whether its for cap circumvention, cap space or whatever. I have been critical of other teams doing it so it would hypocritical of me to like this move for the Blues if that's what they are doing. If what Pagnotta is saying is true that Krug nixed another trade I could see Army signing all these 1 way defense contracts and telling Krug he is going to have to compete for ice time this year and possibly be waived. Then boom suddenly Krug has a mysterious injury that could keep him out for a long time.
I mean, it is Krug, he was going to get injured at some point this season

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Why do people think you can just make shit up to put someone on LTIR? You think if Krug was healthy and the Blues can’t get him to waive his NTC, they can just say, “okay, you’re injured and you’re going to get an unnecessary surgery and miss the year since you won’t waive?”

He loves St. Louis way more than I thought if he’d rather get operated on and lose a year of his career just so he doesn’t have to move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad