Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
He's looked pretty meh for a lot of this year. I'll take looking good today.
Fair enough. Sometimes he just looks so awkward out there. I'm just not sure if it's due to not having chemistry with his new linemakes since Cooley and Knies moving to the NHL.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Fair enough. Sometimes he just looks so awkward out there. I'm just not sure if it's due to not having chemistry with his new linemakes since Cooley and Knies moving to the NHL.
I don’t know what it is, but his skating looks better in the WJC than when I watch him playing for MN. He was able to get a lot of shots off today. If he keeps doing that they will start going in. I don’t like that they have him on the 2nd PP. His shot on the PP may be the difference between losing and winning some of these games in the WJC.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I don't have nhl.com so I don't get to see him much
at the beginning of the game today I didnt think his skating was very good
but as the game went on, I thought he looked MUCH better
AND plays hard in his own zone

lots to like BUT he's gonna have to play with skilled linemates . you play him in the bottom 6 and most will not like what they see

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
can someone tell me about the Stancl kid? big guy.
I need to watch more of him. But from what i've seen, he's a big body that's mobile and really excels at protecting pucks along the walls, his ability to shift his weight and shield the puck/cut hands at his size is intriguing. Certainly has a ways to go before he becomes anything relevant to our pro roster, but there could be some 3rd/4th line upside there for sure. Guessing like 4+ years from now tho.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Promising sign for the future of the Blues.

Two of Canada’s d-men got injured and were replaced…and Buchinger still didn’t make the team. Canada brought 10 d-men to their selection camp and just added assumingely guys 8 and 9. So Buchinger must’ve been pretty unimpressive in camp. Here’s what Scott Wheeler had to say about him:

D Michael Buchinger (St. Louis Blues): Buchinger really struggled, with one ugly turnover in each game that spoke to it. I thought he was moving it quicker and crisper to start Game 2, but then it got away from him and he got burned for a couple of goals against. I didn’t think he did enough.

• Wow

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Never heard of him

I never get why people make a comment like this. Is pointing out your own ignorance some kind of burn against the player? Or is it some sort of self-burn? There are a ton of resources to look him up and educate yourself. If you don't care, then why bother posting. It always seems weird. Teams have a lot of prospects. You don't know or forgot one, no big deal. But why announce it to the forum?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I never get why people make a comment like this. Is pointing out your own ignorance some kind of burn against the player? Or is it some sort of self-burn? There are a ton of resources to look him up and educate yourself. If you don't care, then why bother posting. It always seems weird. Teams have a lot of prospects. You don't know or forgot one, no big deal. But why announce it to the forum?

I was hoping to get educated from fellow Blues fans about him. Does that satisfy you?

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I was hoping to get educated from fellow Blues fans about him. Does that satisfy you?
In the future, I would be more clear about wanting information. There's no real indication in your post letting us know that's what you want. Something like: "Never heard of him. Can someone fill me in?"

Help us help you. :thumbu:

Reactions: Majorityof1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad