Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Well, now it looks like the slovak coach won't pair them together, moreover, he plans to play Pekarcik on the 4th line....
Has Pekarcik even officially made the team yet? Last I knew, Slovakia still had to cut 6 guys.

I watched part of the Slovakia-Finland warmup game yesterday. Finland was up 2-1 when I turned it on. Wasnt long before it was 5-1 and I turned it off. Dvorsky and most of the other top SVK players weren’t playing. It was hard to follow as there was no PBP but I was able to identify Pekarcik on a few plays and he was at least hustling on the forecheck.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Has Pekarcik even officially made the team yet? Last I knew, Slovakia still had to cut 6 guys.

I watched part of the Slovakia-Finland warmup game yesterday. Finland was up 2-1 when I turned it on. Wasnt long before it was 5-1 and I turned it off. Dvorsky and most of the other top SVK players weren’t playing. It was hard to follow as there was no PBP but I was able to identify Pekarcik on a few plays and he was at least hustling on the forecheck.
There is no doubt that he is going to make the team... and yesterday he was clearly out best forward

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Ferrari at THN lists Lindstein as one of his major WJC snubs:

THEO LINDSTEIN, LHD, SWEDEN​

Sweden decided to go into the tournament with just two left-shot defenders on the roster. Omitting Theo Lindstein was a bit of a head-scratcher. Lindstein has played arguably his best hockey with the Tre Kronor on his chest, which made the decision even more questionable.

Lindstein is a bit of a do-it-all defender who has grown so much over the last year and a half. While his offensive game hasn’t caught up at the pro level for Brynas in the Allsvenskan, he has improved his defensive game and shown an aptitude for making the right play at the right time.

He could have slotted well as a second- or third-pair defender for Sweden. Instead, the St. Louis Blues first-round pick will continue to ply his trade against men in the Swedish second level.
The Swedish posters over in the International Tournaments board seemed fine with the roster Sweden released but it is odd to me they went with they went with 2 LD, 5 RD.

There is no doubt that he is going to make the team... and yesterday he was clearly out best forward
Great! A different Slovak poster here a week or so ago wasn’t so sure he’d make it. Glad he’s looked good.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
The Swedish posters over in the International Tournaments board seemed fine with the roster Sweden released but it is odd to me they went with they went with 2 LD, 5 RD.

Great! A different Slovak poster here a week or so ago wasn’t so sure he’d make it. Glad he’s looked good.
Half year ago I was not sure too, but he has had great season in USHL and was really good yesterday - I would personally want to see him play with Dvorsky on the line, they looked compatible together at the U18 WJC

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Half year ago I was not sure too, but he has had great season in USHL and was really good yesterday - I would personally want to see him play with Dvorsky on the line, they looked compatible together at the U18 WJC
I believe Pekarcik had an assist on the Slovak goal yesterday.

Reactions: kudla

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
and he skates well. I remember you guys loved the pick
Loved the pick but I wouldn’t say he’s a plus skater. He’s fast and he hustles his butt off. But his actual edge work, pivots, balance, agility etc needs some work.

But fast and being a freaking Tasmanian devil out there will go a long way. Oh and he’s skilled too.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
How much AHL time are we looking at next year with Snuggerud and Dvorsky? Or do you guys think they can make the team out of camp?

That depends on free agency. If we do nothing we have some holes in the top 9.

But for their development, I think atleast 1/2 the year. And Dvorsky may need more time due to age.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
How much AHL time are we looking at next year with Snuggerud and Dvorsky? Or do you guys think they can make the team out of camp?

Dvorsky washed out of the SHL. He is doing great in the CHL now, but he was not ready at all to play against men in a much worse men's league. Snuggy has struggled against good college teams while feasting against lesser ones, from what I've seen. He is less than 1 ppg. He is not in the top 80 for college ppg, and not in the top 2 on his team. He is trailing a 5th and 7th round draft pick on his own team, so you can't fault playing on a diminished team.

A good NHL player would not be benched on the SHL. He'd give the coach no choice. A good NHL player wouldn't worry about losing linemates in college, he'd dominate regardless.

Our prospects are good prospects, but they are not good NHL players yet. They might be 10 months from now, but I doubt it. Both will need another year at least to cook in college or the AHL barring a massive step forward.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Dvorsky washed out of the SHL. He is doing great in the CHL now, but he was not ready at all to play against men in a much worse men's league. Snuggy has struggled against good college teams while feasting against lesser ones, from what I've seen. He is less than 1 ppg. He is not in the top 80 for college ppg, and not in the top 2 on his team. He is trailing a 5th and 7th round draft pick on his own team, so you can't fault playing on a diminished team.

A good NHL player would not be benched on the SHL. He'd give the coach no choice. A good NHL player wouldn't worry about losing linemates in college, he'd dominate regardless.

Our prospects are good prospects, but they are not good NHL players yet. They might be 10 months from now, but I doubt it. Both will need another year at least to cook in college or the AHL barring a massive step forward.
Yes, think it’s reasonable to expect that both could see nhl time next year, but I wouldn’t expect them to be good nhl players yet.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Yes, think it’s reasonable to expect that both could see nhl time next year, but I wouldn’t expect them to be good nhl players yet.
And I think we are at the point where we can afford to be patient. If they aren't ready to be good NHL players yet. Let them cook a bit longer. Give them a couple call ups to give them a taste of what they need to work on (unless Snuggy stays in college). But mostly give them the room and ice time to develop elsewhere

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

exactly. I’d love to see Dvorsky and Snuggs play a year in Springfield before being called up. Let them play with Bolduc and Dean next year, then hopefully they’ll all be ready in 2025/26

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I’m still pretty bullish on Snuggerud making an impact as soon as next year. He’s just the type of player that elevates other talented players. Looking forward to watching him at this WJC.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Bambi on skates. I remember thinking he was too tall and skinny for his own good. Someone would hit him in the hips and he’d topple over. It’s amazing what a year or two of development will do for ya sometimes.

I was thinking, we tanked for this loser? Lol

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
That's heavily dependent on their ability to adapt to the NHL game. We saw guys like Thomas and Fabbri nearly take spots after being drafted, but the management group decided to let them marinate for one more year. Fabbri looked electric immediately, but Thomas took some time to get going and be the player he is right now. I think it's possible both players are able to make the team next year, but the construction of the team may not allow them to be who they are without getting caved in. If we see the Blues add another good defensive center to offset some responsibilities, then I think you can make a case to have Dvorsky and Snuggerud up next year. If not, then it'll be wise to let them lead Springfield and come up at the end of the year/in 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad