Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I find Stenberg's production to be really impressive for a 10 game stretch in the SHL. Lots of really talented young players put up 0 points in pro leagues despite playing pretty well over that same stretch of 10 games and this is SHL, not Allsvenskan.

I have to admit it's pretty hilarious seeing Dvorsky curb stomp Canadian teenagers, not particularly impressive but entertaining, it's basically a season long WJC for Dvo out there and he's got Musty on his line which must just be ridiculously difficult to defend. Maybe he can hit a bazillion goals before the season is over lol.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Idk if they’d even do it just as to not mess with continuity, but can DD be moved up to the AHL this year or do they have to wait till end of season or next year?

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012

So it appears as of now the top 3 ranked defensman in the 2024 draft are 1. Sam Dickinson 2. Artyom Levshunov 3. Adam Jiricek. They are generally ranked 5 thru 10 1st round. Any of yall been watching them and have any thoughts?​

Anton Silayev is up there as well, he is 6'7" 207 at 17 years old.​

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Fan of both LD Sam Dickinson and RD Adam Jiricek, too bad we're not getting them. I was hoping people would forget that Jiricek existed or something but it looks like no on that front. Holding out for RD Zayne Parekh or RD Carter Yakemchuk at this point then I get less enthused about investing a top 15 pick beyond that 2nd tier of D. Russian giraffe is a Bill Armstrong pick waiting to happen.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Fan of both LD Sam Dickinson and RD Adam Jiricek, too bad we're not getting them. I was hoping people would forget that Jiricek existed or something but it looks like no on that front. Holding out for RD Zayne Parekh or RD Carter Yakemchuk at this point then I get less enthused about investing a top 15 pick beyond that 2nd tier of D. Russian giraffe is a Bill Armstrong pick waiting to happen.

We’ll be picking between 8-10. We’ll get one

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019

So it appears as of now the top 3 ranked defensman in the 2024 draft are 1. Sam Dickinson 2. Artyom Levshunov 3. Adam Jiricek. They are generally ranked 5 thru 10 1st round. Any of yall been watching them and have any thoughts?​

Zeev Buium also lighting up the NCAA and a name to watch at WJC. Had 4 less points than Celebrini as of friday

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Jiricek really scares me. Get massive bust vibes from him.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
If you were excited about the Russian stud last year, then the giraffe is a better talent. Shuravin is another good one in Russia for round two.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Dvorsky is just tearing it up lately, and Snuggerud has 11 goals in 18 games with a pretty similar shooting % as last season. For Snuggs, inferior linemates is impacting his assist production, but he's still scoring goals, so good sign. He does look like he's following the Boeser path.

Nice to see Dvorsky dominate like a top pick should. He's clearly in that tough spot of being too good for juniors, but maybe not ready for the pros or at least certain pro teams. I'm glad he's in juniors and not floundering in Sweden or being rushed in AHL like Kostin was. For us to have a successful rebuild, Dvorsky has to quickly develop into a top 6 center to pair with Thomas, so hopefully his development continues.

Springfield gives up shots like the big club, and Zherenko only has 2 games with a sv% under 90% and 4 under 91.7%. Definitely like our future in net.

Last edited:

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
Does anybody else see the comp to Dvorsky as Draisaitl lite? Obviously a top 3 player in the NHL is a high bar but they have a very similar track record at this point. Both moved to the CHL from Europe, play a heavy puck possesion game down the middle, not great skaters, great one timer and shot, ETC. Similar build also. Dvorsky's vision is not at the level of Drai's at the same age but the play style and track record could be a great thing for Dali to model his game after

Reactions: Drubilly

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Does anybody else see the comp to Dvorsky as Draisaitl lite? Obviously a top 3 player in the NHL is a high bar but they have a very similar track record at this point. Both moved to the CHL from Europe, play a heavy puck possesion game down the middle, not great skaters, great one timer and shot, ETC. Similar build also. Dvorsky's vision is not at the level of Drai's at the same age but the play style and track record could be a great thing for Dali to model his game after
Not me. Way more closer to Horvat or RoR.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Funny you mention this because I had similar thoughts (fantasies really lol) after watching Pekarcik clips the past several months.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Does anybody how well Leo Loof has been playing for Springfield this season?
“Defensive side has been really good, his physical side has been good,” Springfield coach Drew Bannister said in a recent phone interview. “Leo gets himself in trouble when he holds on to the puck too long. That’s just a maturity process where coming from Europe, it was a little bit more time, a little bit more space on the bigger ice surface. For him, let the puck do the work when it’s on his stick, and the less time it’s on his stick, the better.”

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
“Defensive side has been really good, his physical side has been good,” Springfield coach Drew Bannister said in a recent phone interview. “Leo gets himself in trouble when he holds on to the puck too long. That’s just a maturity process where coming from Europe....”

niko-mikkola-2020-36.jpg

:sarcasm:

• Wow
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I know he's not a prospect any more, but I wanted to take note of Hugh McGing facing down the haters to earn his second NHL start! (We'll ignore that little part about being -3 in under 8 minutes of ice time.) He'll do better next time.
He definitely aint doing himself many favors by going -3, but with the inevitable departure of Vrana it seems like either the Blues saw enough in him to want to keep his audition going or they're going to start calling up the AHL vets after Christmas.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
He definitely aint doing himself many favors by going -3, but with the inevitable departure of Vrana it seems like either the Blues saw enough in him to want to keep his audition going or they're going to start calling up the AHL vets after Christmas.
McGing is nothing special but he works and and generally makes the smart, simple play. I’d like to see him on a more typical 4th line. Putting him and Vrana together was a disservice to both of them IMO.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad