Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastedRavioli

Jun 29, 2023
I remember in this thread there was a discussion around Dvorsky's PPG in the OHL and a lot of comparisons to other prospects who had a higher ppg their draft + 1 season than Dvorsky did when he was just 7 games in. I figured with how he has developed over the past two months it would be fun to revisit those comparisons. Along with those original comparisons, I added every CHL forward drafted in the top 15 since 2020.

D+1 PPG:
Shane Wright (W): 1.85
Jake Neighbours (W): 1.74
Dalibor Dvorsky (O): 1.70
Robby Fabbri (O): 1.70
Mason McTavish (O): 1.62
Dylan Guenther (W): 1.54
Robert Thomas (O): 1.53
Matthew Savoie (W): 1.53
Zachary Bolduc (Q): 1.52
Brayden Yager (W) 1.46
Jordan Kyrou (O): 1.42
Nikita Alexandrov (Q): 1.29
Conor Geekie (W): 1.17
Seth Jarvis (W): 1.13
Nate Danielson (W): 1.04
Tyler Boucher (O): 0.80

D+1 GPG:
Dailbor Dvorsky (O): 0.90
Zachary Bolduc (Q): 0.85
Robby Fabbri (O): 0.83
Dylan Guenther (W): 0.76
Shane Wright (W): 0.75
Mason McTavish (O): 0.69
Seth Jarvis (W): 0.63
Matthew Savoie (W): 0.61
Brayden Yager (W): 0.60
Nikita Alexandrov (Q): 0.55
Conor Geekie (W): 0.53
Robert Thomas (O): 0.49
Jake Neighbours (W): 0.47
Nate Danielson (W): 0.46
Jordan Kyrou (O): 0.45
Tyler Boucher (O): 0.29

The point of this isn't to say Dvorsky is better than all of these prospects. It's to correct previous comparisons about his play and production being comparable to a player like Alexandrov. His production since arriving in the OHL has been great, even for a top 10 pick.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I remember in this thread there was a discussion around Dvorsky's PPG in the OHL and a lot of comparisons to other prospects who had a higher ppg their draft + 1 season than Dvorsky did when he was just 7 games in. I figured with how he has developed over the past two months it would be fun to revisit those comparisons. Along with those original comparisons, I added every CHL forward drafted in the top 15 since 2020.

D+1 PPG:
Shane Wright (W): 1.85
Jake Neighbours (W): 1.74
Dalibor Dvorsky (O): 1.70
Robby Fabbri (O): 1.70
Mason McTavish (O): 1.62
Dylan Guenther (W): 1.54
Robert Thomas (O): 1.53
Matthew Savoie (W): 1.53
Zachary Bolduc (Q): 1.52
Brayden Yager (W) 1.46
Jordan Kyrou (O): 1.42
Nikita Alexandrov (Q): 1.29
Conor Geekie (W): 1.17
Seth Jarvis (W): 1.13
Nate Danielson (W): 1.04
Tyler Boucher (O): 0.80

D+1 GPG:
Dailbor Dvorsky (O): 0.90
Zachary Bolduc (Q): 0.85
Robby Fabbri (O): 0.83
Dylan Guenther (W): 0.76
Shane Wright (W): 0.75
Mason McTavish (O): 0.69
Seth Jarvis (W): 0.63
Matthew Savoie (W): 0.61
Brayden Yager (W): 0.60
Nikita Alexandrov (Q): 0.55
Conor Geekie (W): 0.53
Robert Thomas (O): 0.49
Jake Neighbours (W): 0.47
Nate Danielson (W): 0.46
Jordan Kyrou (O): 0.45
Tyler Boucher (O): 0.29

The point of this isn't to say Dvorsky is better than all of these prospects. It's to correct previous comparisons about his play and production being comparable to a player like Alexandrov. His production since arriving in the OHL has been great, even for a top 10 pick.
Thank you. And considering that dvo just arrived in canada and is learning new country and league and team and ice size on the fly, it's even more impressive.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
buchinger cut from team canada wjc team. unlike guys like lindstein who will likely make team next year, this is it for buchinger at junior level. disappointing.
I am going with it being a good thing, he will have insane level of dedication to prove people wrong and turn into the next Paul Coffey

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
buchinger cut from team canada wjc team. unlike guys like lindstein who will likely make team next year, this is it for buchinger at junior level. disappointing.
I’m curious who the GM was when we drafted him. Once I find that out, I will make a thread so we can discuss whether that person should be fired or not.

Stay tuned.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Wheeler wasn’t impressed with Buchner at wjc camp. This isn’t encouraging:

D Michael Buchinger (St. Louis Blues): Buchinger really struggled, with one ugly turnover in each game that spoke to it. I thought he was moving it quicker and crisper to start Game 2, but then it got away from him and he got burned for a couple of goals against. I didn’t think he did enough.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Here's the full list of team Canada:

Bummer Buchinger didn't make it, but oh well.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Looks like Landon Sim returned from injury and has 7 points in 6 games for the London Knights. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep that pace throughout the season.

Previous Seasons:
21-22: .33 ppg
22-23: .37 ppg
The guy is an enigma. Every time there has been a prospect camp or something like that, people say he is impressive amongst his peers and has skill. Once he goes to his junior team, he either under-produces or is pushed down the lineup. I still don't know what he is as a player.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Ferrari at THN lists Lindstein as one of his major WJC snubs:

THEO LINDSTEIN, LHD, SWEDEN​

Sweden decided to go into the tournament with just two left-shot defenders on the roster. Omitting Theo Lindstein was a bit of a head-scratcher. Lindstein has played arguably his best hockey with the Tre Kronor on his chest, which made the decision even more questionable.

Lindstein is a bit of a do-it-all defender who has grown so much over the last year and a half. While his offensive game hasn’t caught up at the pro level for Brynas in the Allsvenskan, he has improved his defensive game and shown an aptitude for making the right play at the right time.

He could have slotted well as a second- or third-pair defender for Sweden. Instead, the St. Louis Blues first-round pick will continue to ply his trade against men in the Swedish second level.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
WJC Pre-tournament games begin today. Stenberg with a couple assists in the first period against the Swiss.

i think we have a good one with Stenberg. steal of the draft imo.

I think Dvorsky, Stenberg, Lindstein and Pekarcik could be a franchise changing draft when we look back in 5 years.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
i think we have a good one with Stenberg. steal of the draft imo.

I think Dvorsky, Stenberg, Lindstein and Pekarcik could be a franchise changing draft when we look back in 5 years.
I'm certainly the most curious about Pekarcik. He seemed like a meh prospect when he was drafted, but I didn't know anything about him. Then he comes over to the US and is scoring at an absurd pace and seems to be one of the better forwards in the system. He's very young so I'm not sure what his path is moving forward, but he could be one of those guys that takes the step next year or he could continue to develop in the lower leagues. I think these world juniors will be telling for the type of player he can be once he makes the jump to the AHL/NHL.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'm certainly the most curious about Pekarcik. He seemed like a meh prospect when he was drafted, but I didn't know anything about him. Then he comes over to the US and is scoring at an absurd pace and seems to be one of the better forwards in the system. He's very young so I'm not sure what his path is moving forward, but he could be one of those guys that takes the step next year or he could continue to develop in the lower leagues. I think these world juniors will be telling for the type of player he can be once he makes the jump to the AHL/NHL.

didn’t Pekarcik play a major role for the Slovaks last year in the wjrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad