Pre-Game Talk: 2024 Blues Training Camp Thread

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Matthew Robertson, the defenseman from the Rangers on waivers.
Ah, ok. That makes a lot more sense actually. :laugh:

Or does it? I don’t know much of anything about him but looks like a career minor leaguer type. Big though. But could the Blues even do that? If they put Perunovich on waivers today, he wouldn’t clear or be claimed until tomorrow so he’d still have to count for the opening day roster due this afternoon. And then Robertson would count too. Don’t see how that’d work. Maybe it’s possible by sending Bolduc down on just a paper transaction and then recalling him tomorrow but idk. If Capfriendly still existed I’d crunch the numbers but I’m not going to bother trying to weed through one of the inferior replacement sites trying to figure it out. I’ll just wait until the 23-man roster is announced later today. 😜

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I lied. I 100% did the math. Bolduc has to be sent down, at least on paper, for the 23-man roster to work.

The Blues will announce the 23-man roster sometime today but here’s what it pretty much has to be:

Bolduc is practicing in Seattle today but as the 13th forward. He will have to be sent to Springfield to make the Cap work. Could only be a paper transaction though as they could easily put Krug on LTIR tomorrow and have the Cap space to add him back to the roster. They did the exact same thing with Neighbours a year ago.

13 Forwards: Thomas, Kyrou, Buchy, Schenn, Holloway, Neighbours, Texier, M.Joseph, Kapanen, Toropchenko, Faksa, Walker, Sundqvist*

Non-Roster: Saad

*they could throw Sunny in the IR column and technically go with a 22-man roster but it has the same result either way.

8 D-men: Parayko, Leddy, Faulk, Broberg, Suter, Kessel, Joseph, Perunovich

IR: Krug

2 Goalies: Binny, Hofer

So they’ll have 25 guys counting against the Cap but that’ll still a bit under the Cap…but not enough room to also include Bolduc. At least not today.

They’ll have to make decisions once Saad comes off non-roster and Sunny can play…but they’ll have a lot of wiggle room in terms of the Cap once they can place Krug on LTIR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad