2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Excited to announce that I have selected Taylor Hall as my early season scapegoat. I am certain that him repeatedly fumbling the puck on the powerplay is going to kill me inside and I look forward to focusing the discontent of another bad season all on his shoulders.
Buddy have you not seen Brodie yet? Hall will be hurt by game 10 anyways.

Reactions: Dead Meat

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Buddy have you not seen Brodie yet? Hall will be hurt by game 10 anyways.
Everyone has to make their own choice my brother. When they chose not to bring back the eternal tyrant Tyler Johnson I really had to search in my soul to decide who to direct all of my complaints at as I justify watching a god awful hockey team for the fourth year running.

I certainly can't be watching because I care much about winning or losing at this stage. What I really want to see is Bedard going nuclear, and Hall in limited action has shown immense potential to ruin the powerplay, so that's what I'm going to focus on. Old Man Brodie being terrible doesn't worry me too much

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
And as expected not a single person here holding the stupid GM accountable for being stupid.

Let's face facts-

The Debrincat trade was a failure.
The Hagel trade was a failure.

I do not believe for a second they wanted Bedard but had no choice after they won the lottery. They're target all along was Fantilli and building/developing for three years as all those players developed playing together.

They rushed Bustchinski and now his chances of being a bottom pair guy in the NHL is extremely limited considering Vlasic, Allan, EDM, and Lev are all better prospects/players then he is. Throw is Rinzel, who might be yet another reach draft pick.

Nazar and Moore are both third liners on a Cup contender, if that. I'll say it again, if there was actual potential these guys were going to be 2C or second line wingers neither would have been there for the Hawks to draft them.

"Speed and compete " will never be Cup winning ingredients when the Cup winning Hawk teams were build around intelligence and versatility.

Connor McDavid, the poster boy for speed and compete, has zero Cups on his resume. And there's zero chance the stupid GM can build a team of McDavids when McDavid is a once in a lifetime talent.

And I hate to break it, but Bedard is nowhere near a McDavid and never will be.
I don't know how you have the energy to keep regurgitating the same BS over and over and over. Hagel was traded over two and a half years ago lol.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Have to hope that Kyle is working on a trade to ship bum Reichel out of Chicago.

To Calgary in exchange for Adam Klapka would be ideal. With Sharangovich out, bum Reichel might even be lucky enough to play some minutes.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Give Hall all the opportunities. Who cares? We need to get something for him at the TD. Everyone should be cheering for him.
We probably should be pumping up Kurashev to move at the deadline too. With a 54 point season on his resume and arbitration eligible next Summer, my guess is his agent starts the conversation at 6 million per if he sniffs 50 points again.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Kurashev will have to 'drove" line 2 ...Hope chemistry with Hall and Bertuzzi develops...quickly...both wingers were not very productive off their pre-season games..
Driving them may be impossible for Kurashev of they do not perk up and play with more puck possession and ramp up the energy and will to win pucks off the opposition.
The logic of putting Mikheyev with Brdard and Tt is sound...youneed a guy to win back possession in board battlesand to help in net scrums...but still
..ho long till chemistry kicks together?
Bottom 2 lines are what they are..If they hold to Even at 5x5 that is all you can ask..if they go a bit positive T Evens that is a victory for living upto exlectatipnand surpassing g it a bit.

Howver If that 2nd line fails to give offense,it will be a long fruitless season again.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
We probably should be pumping up Kurashev to move at the deadline too. With a 54 point season on his resume and arbitration eligible next Summer, my guess is his agent starts the conversation at 6 million per if he sniffs 50 points again.

With an improved roster, if he himself improves even slightly, him being at a 60-65 point pace isn't all that unrealistic.

Retain 50% and you can send him to a contender for barely over a $1M cap hit. That has the potential to bring in a real nice piece or two back.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
With an improved roster, if he himself improves even slightly, him being at a 60-65 point pace isn't all that unrealistic.

Retain 50% and you can send him to a contender for barely over a $1M cap hit. That has the potential to bring in a real nice piece or two back.
I'm not against flipping Kurashev.

But he's 25, and still an RFA.

They're not flipping him for mid picks, or C level prospects. And that's more or less what he'd fetch.

Not worth it.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011

They're not flipping him for mid picks, or C level prospects. And that's more or less what he'd fetch.

Not worth it.
The problem is he is also not worth a 5-6 million a year contract. Even if he puts up only 40ish points this season, he'll comand 4-5 million when you factor in last years production (and he will get it in arbitration if you don;t give it to him in negotiations). Kurashev is a hard pass at that pricetag. There won't be a Hagel-like return of a pair of 1st because you don't have the year under contract at a cheap hit remaining. But if there is even a late first on the table I am selling on Kurashev. The mistake was not signing him to a 5 or 6 year deal for maybe a hair more than the 2.25 for 2 years he got and maybe having a chance of having him turn into a value contract.

Reactions: Clownish

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
And as expected not a single person here holding the stupid GM accountable for being stupid.
thank god we have you to do what the rest of us are to cowardly to do.
The Debrincat trade was a failure.
you mean i should be pining after the guy who is paid more than 7 mil and hasn't scored 30 goals in two full seasons of play since he was traded? on the basis of what? that the defenseman he was traded for hasn't broken out at the nhl three years after he was drafted?

The Hagel trade was a failure.
i'm not even particularly high on korch or moore, but the latter hasn't even played an nhl game lmao. i don't understand how you can be even more arrogantly stupid than musto. even if you ended up being right about one or both of these, it wouldn't be because you actually know anything. it's broken clock territory. that won't stop you from coming around here pretending to be the smartest guy in the room, i know, and i also know there's no point in engaging with you in good faith, but this is all just too silly to read and just let go.

• Haha
Reactions: Larmer83 and GIADF

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024

Not worth it.

He's a passenger who is going to end up getting overpaid. He was invisible when Bedard was injured. Not a guy I want around given what his next contract potentially could be.

Reactions: belfour30

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The problem is he is also not worth a 5-6 million a year contract. Even if he puts up only 40ish points this season, he'll comand 4-5 million when you factor in last years production (and he will get it in arbitration if you don;t give it to him in negotiations). Kurashev is a hard pass at that pricetag. There won't be a Hagel-like return of a pair of 1st because you don't have the year under contract at a cheap hit remaining. But if there is even a late first on the table I am selling on Kurashev. The mistake was not signing him to a 5 or 6 year deal for maybe a hair more than the 2.25 for 2 years he got and maybe having a chance of having him turn into a value contract.
He's a passenger who is going to end up getting overpaid. He was invisible when Bedard was injured. Not a guy I want around given what his next contract potentially could be.
Why are y'all making up scenarios?

He's not getting overpaid lol.

He'll be offered 4M at most. Take it or leave it.

He doesn't have leverage.

And there won't be a late 1st round pick on the table for him.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Why are y'all making up scenarios?

He's not getting overpaid lol.

He'll be offered 4M at most. Take it or leave it.

He doesn't have leverage.

"Why are y'all making up scenarios?"

Proceeds to make up a scenario in which his next contract maxes out at 4M in a take it or leave it situation.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
"Why are y'all making up scenarios?"

Proceeds to make up a scenario in which his next contract maxes out at 4M in a take it or leave it situation.
You're delusional if you think Kyle Davidson is offering anything more than that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad