Colin Blackwell
Petr Mrazek
-David Gust
-Brett Seney
-Luke Philp

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Not a strong free agent class by any means, but here are few options that fit the age timeline. Pulled a few names that are 28 and under:

Left Wing
Center
Right Wing
Alex Barré-Boulet - 26​
Tommy Novak - 26​
Sam Reinhart - 28​
Jack Roslovic - 26​
Jake DeBrusk - 27​
Kasperi Kapanen - 27​
Anthony Beauvillier - 26​
Daniel Sprong - 27​
Left Defense
Right Defense
Noah Hanifin - 26​
Matt Roy - 28​
Gustav Forsling - 27​
Alexandre Carrier - 27​
Jalen Chatfield - 27​

Reactions: Muffinalt

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Not a strong free agent class by any means, but here are few options that fit the age timeline. Pulled a few names that are 28 and under:

Left Wing
Center
Right Wing

Alex Barré-Boulet - 26​

Tommy Novak - 26​
Sam Reinhart - 28​
Jack Roslovic - 26​
Jake DeBrusk - 27​
Kasperi Kapanen - 27​
Anthony Beauvillier - 26​
Daniel Sprong - 27​
Left Defense
Right Defense
Noah Hanifin - 26​

Matt Roy - 28​
Gustav Forsling - 27​

Alexandre Carrier - 27​
Jalen Chatfield - 27​
Sign Carrier
Sign Mrazek
Trade for Andrew Copp or Sign Novak. I have no idea whats Novaks contract will be.
Bertuzzi? Maybe takes a short one to play next to Bedard and collect points.

Hall-Bedard-Kurashev
Reichel-Copp-Raddysh
Dach-Donato-Anthansiou
Katchouk-Dickinson-Foligno
Entwistle/Johnson

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Murphy
Kaiser-Carrier
Phillips/Tinordi

Mrazek
Soderblom

Hall Donato Anthansiou Murphy all tradeable at deadline.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Any lineup with S.Jobes Nd Connor Barfy is doomed from the beginning.

An inch at a time..

We added 1 competent Legit NHL dman=Vlasic

KAISER looks lije he could join tge co peyent list ifvhe keeps improving to year end this seasoni.

EthN Del Mastro looks to be mastering the AHL level level five and shoukd be 1 and done there and joining the competence D group in the show next season.

So that would be 3 co.petents done.

Unfortunately this still leaves 2 vet inconpetents at 1 RD and 2Rd spots

Even if we draft Levshunov ,he probably needs 1 more college season Fafer this one before joining the show..Any other dmen we draft with our 1st rounders will take longer.

Not sure if Allen is going to be NHL competent or not..

Rinzel is progressing faster in the NCAA than I thought...but still probly neds 1 more year at least before leaving school.

Also Taige Harding probably stays 1 more seadon after this in Providence College .

So unless we add a competent FA and at least get rid of Murphy,wexare still stuck with the $9.5plus Barfy problem.

After next season Murphy is UFA anyway so we probably trade him at TDL next seasonif not sooner.

IFwe get Celebrini he may be 1 and done ...or the Hawks delay getting him out of school toll 25/26 so as not to be too good next sesson and get a good lottery shot for a 3rd season ins row.

Same idea if we jabbed with Eiserman..

By 25/26 season tge yutevibfusionwill be more "ready" and we can start dumping thecsyand in place vets up front..

The d-coris will have slowly gotten to 5 competent dmen who can tsuooress scores and imoact on the offensive side...BUT of $9.5 still will be the albatross in the room.

They probably need to make jom ac5tj line forward so that we can then get 6 competent dmen to complete thecre-build of our d'corps..

Or maybe sone NHL team will be dumb enough to take $9.5 off our books even for 50cents on the dollar (we pay half his cap)...nah ...wishful thi king.

Seth Jones is not a conptentv1D.. I do notceven want hom as a 2D or 3D..he has no instinct to pkay the position properly ..

The eye test of his flaws and in abilities to successfully game-change ,faiksxas a pp qb,fails as a n ice tilted ir shot suppression master are tgere for anyone but blind persons to witness.

I an sick of his lousy ROI at $9.5 m ...not value for money..but even if we paid 95cents for hom,woukd any team actually want hom...he is justxanother giy but maybe worse.
A 1D cannot be in the minus 30s ...cannot be failing as a Pp qb...cannot be unable to stymie attacks ,cannot be unable to win puck battles and clear the pucks outcaeay fron harm.

He fails..Way too much..

Goit go ..but we are with him due to Stanbo's gross error in tradibgvfir hom and that stupid $9.5 dral for 8 seasobs.

He is incompetent and nothing will change that short of sitting hom on the bench which no team would do to a $9.5 costly player .

For $9.5 you want a star..but he is is really just another guy ..or not even that..

So no matter how much we add co often enough to tge teM,the $9.5 problem will prevent us from being able to climb up to playoff contender.

Possibility Hawks buy hom out...but Only could see tgat for final 2 seasons of his lengthy deal..

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Any lineup with S.Jobes Nd Connor Barfy is doomed from the beginning.

An inch at a time..

We added 1 competent Legit NHL dman=Vlasic

KAISER looks lije he could join tge co peyent list ifvhe keeps improving to year end this seasoni.

EthN Del Mastro looks to be mastering the AHL level level five and shoukd be 1 and done there and joining the competence D group in the show next season.

So that would be 3 co.petents done.

Unfortunately this still leaves 2 vet inconpetents at 1 RD and 2Rd spots

Even if we draft Levshunov ,he probably needs 1 more college season Fafer this one before joining the show..Any other dmen we draft with our 1st rounders will take longer.

Not sure if Allen is going to be NHL competent or not..

Rinzel is progressing faster in the NCAA than I thought...but still probly neds 1 more year at least before leaving school.

Also Taige Harding probably stays 1 more seadon after this in Providence College .

So unless we add a competent FA and at least get rid of Murphy,wexare still stuck with the $9.5plus Barfy problem.

After next season Murphy is UFA anyway so we probably trade him at TDL next seasonif not sooner.

IFwe get Celebrini he may be 1 and done ...or the Hawks delay getting him out of school toll 25/26 so as not to be too good next sesson and get a good lottery shot for a 3rd season ins row.

Same idea if we jabbed with Eiserman..

By 25/26 season tge yutevibfusionwill be more "ready" and we can start dumping thecsyand in place vets up front..

The d-coris will have slowly gotten to 5 competent dmen who can tsuooress scores and imoact on the offensive side...BUT of $9.5 still will be the albatross in the room.

They probably need to make jom ac5tj line forward so that we can then get 6 competent dmen to complete thecre-build of our d'corps..

Or maybe sone NHL team will be dumb enough to take $9.5 off our books even for 50cents on the dollar (we pay half his cap)...nah ...wishful thi king.

Seth Jones is not a conptentv1D.. I do notceven want hom as a 2D or 3D..he has no instinct to pkay the position properly ..

The eye test of his flaws and in abilities to successfully game-change ,faiksxas a pp qb,fails as a n ice tilted ir shot suppression master are tgere for anyone but blind persons to witness.

I an sick of his lousy ROI at $9.5 m ...not value for money..but even if we paid 95cents for hom,woukd any team actually want hom...he is justxanother giy but maybe worse.
A 1D cannot be in the minus 30s ...cannot be failing as a Pp qb...cannot be unable to stymie attacks ,cannot be unable to win puck battles and clear the pucks outcaeay fron harm.

He fails..Way too much..

Goit go ..but we are with him due to Stanbo's gross error in tradibgvfir hom and that stupid $9.5 dral for 8 seasobs.

He is incompetent and nothing will change that short of sitting hom on the bench which no team would do to a $9.5 costly player .

For $9.5 you want a star..but he is is really just another guy ..or not even that..

So no matter how much we add co often enough to tge teM,the $9.5 problem will prevent us from being able to climb up to playoff contender.

Possibility Hawks buy hom out...but Only could see tgat for final 2 seasons of his lengthy deal..
Let's assume this rant is true--realistically, who would you choose to replace Seth Jones? His replacement is not the difference between 2nd Round + in the playoffs versus where the team currently is.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
I'm hoping that at least one of the forward prospects makes the leap for next season. Sure would be cool if we could pencil one in to a top 6 role.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I’d sign 10/20 RFAs
Lukas Reichel…..resign
Taylor Raddysh…..resign
Alex Vlasic…..resign
-Cole Guttman…..resign
Mackenzie Entwistle
Reese Johnson
Boris Katchouk…..resign
-Isaak Phillips…..resign
-Joey Anderson
-Michal Teply
-Filip Roos
-Jaxson Stauber…..resign
-Mike Hardman
-Louis Crevier…..resign
—Landon Slaggert…..sign
—Dominic Basse…..sign
—Connor Kelley
—Liam Gorman
—Michael Krutil
—Villi Saarijarvi

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The obvious top-6 would include Bedard, Hall and Reichel. If the Hawks are lucky enough to get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft - either Celebrini or Eiserman will be on the NHL team in the top-6. So that's 4 of the top-6.

Would any of the high-end forwards already in the system be ready to play NHL - Nazar, Greene, Hayes, Moore, Misiak, Lardis? I think all the 2023 draftees will need more time - but maybe one or two of the 2022 could be ready.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Which waiver exempt players for this season run out of waiver exemption? I think Vlasic, Reichel, Soderblom (due to NHL games dressed), then Phillips, Teply, maybe Guttman if he is called up and hits the GP threshold.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I figure this years team will win somewhere in the 30-35 games range…probably gonna draft somewhere around 7,8,9(hopefully TB falls to 16 or better)…
Need to sign two top six forwards…
How about William Nylander and Sam Reinhart? At say $10 million and $8 million? That’d do it!

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Some extrapolate Bedard into 56 goal scorer yet Riechel on pace for what, 0 goals and maybe 12-15 point season.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Forwards:
Bedard
Hall
AA
Kurashev
Donato
Reichel
Raddysh
Entwistle
Rolston/Dach/Guttman
UFA/Foligno
UFA
UFA

Defenseman:
Jones
Korchinski
Murphy
Kaiser
Vlasic
UFA RD (Philippe Myers, Colin Miler?)
UFA

Goalie:
Man I'm pretty unsure of this one. I think there needs to be a lot more of the season played for me to have any idea on it. Soda will be back. Mrazek probably not.

Reese Johnson probably back as 13th but I doubt he's going to be on the roster much more. Probably bounce AHL/NHL. Katchouk I could see them moving this year as it seems like Entwistle beat him out.

I wouldn't mind bringing Foligno back for another year after what I have seen so far.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’d sign 10/20 RFAs
Lukas Reichel…..resign
Taylor Raddysh…..resign
Alex Vlasic…..resign
-Cole Guttman…..resign
Mackenzie Entwistle
Reese Johnson
Boris Katchouk…..resign
-Isaak Phillips…..resign
-Joey Anderson
-Michal Teply
-Filip Roos
-Jaxson Stauber…..resign
-Mike Hardman
-Louis Crevier…..resign
—Landon Slaggert…..sign
—Dominic Basse…..sign
—Connor Kelley
—Liam Gorman
—Michael Krutil
—Villi Saarijarvi
Raddysh and Katchouk aren’t getting signed. They’re both arbitration eligible and Kyle hates that unless absolutely necessary. Not to mention that 2018 world juniors scandal still looming, it’s just not worth it.

If anything Entwistle will be the one getting an extension.

Reactions: hockeydoug

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Raddysh and Katchouk aren’t getting signed. They’re both arbitration eligible and Kyle hates that unless absolutely necessary. Not to mention that 2018 world juniors scandal still looming, it’s just not worth it.

Raddysh could get a one year deal

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

I think Raddysh has proven enough worth on the PK and as a depth forward that he'll be back. The Arb eligibility may be an issue. They may walk because of that, but for a team absolutely devoid of talent at forward, I have a hard time believing they'll balk.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Raddysh only has a $813,750 Qualifying Offer. I doubt they'd just renounce. Maybe walk from the arbitration determination if it's something annoying. He's really grown into a quality Penalty Killer, and with his dirt cheap contract and cheap QO, it'd be nice if they could flip him ideally for a pick to someone looking to bolster their 4th line/PK for a run.

Katchouk is much more of a plug (in and out of the lineup) and much more likely implicated in the 2018 World Junior saga (just based on the statements that were put out... Formenton, Comtois, McLeod, Katchouk would be the 5 most likely involved if I were a betting man). I can see them renouncing there and opening up a spot.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I think the 2024/25 season will not be a "playoff push season" where if they happen to make the playoffs - then fine but free agents will not be acquired for the purpose of making a playoff run. I think the earliest transition to next phase of the rebuild will be the following season in 2025/26.

I think 2024/25 will be to hopefully add an immediate player from the draft like Celebrini or Eiserman and to transition a couple more prospects from the pipeline into the NHL - like maybe Nazar and Hayes or Greene or Slaggert or one of several other guys. Get another year experience for Vlassic, Korchinski and Kaiser and maybe get another rookie d-man into the mix like del Mastro or Allen.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Sharp, Keith and Seabrook are really kind of came out of "nowhere" (with Seabrook being the least unexpected given his pedigree to date) in 07-08 and there was a massive number of players born '84-'87 (ages 20-23 on 12/31/2007)) that made various levels of cameos (Seabrook one of them, but in total 20 players from those four birth years appeared in at least 1 game that season... and 1983 as well, we can add another 4) in addition to the Kane and Toews factors that were most obvious to someone only looking at the 2007-08 Blackhawks from a 300 foot level.

I wouldn't expect quite that much of a youth movement everywhere in the lineup next season, but no two rebuilds are ever alike. It worked out nicely timing wise on that rebuild that Patrick Kane was really the end of such a massive period of foundation laying talent, and they were never reliant on anyone younger than him (it wasn't until Kruger and Leddy that they had younger players on the roster). Bedard is going to need a lot more in terms of core piece reinforcements from future drafts.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad