Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Beck, Petersen, and Sim all need to be signed before summer 2024. Mayich, Burns, and Robertsson next year. Who do we sign?
My thoughts:

Beck- not sign as he has regressed
Petersen- sign but it’s close calll
Sim- likely not sign, but too soon to tell. He needs to be healthy long enough to show more if going to sign.

Burns- sign, raw but lots of upside
Mayich- sign, liked him in camp and think he has chance as 5/6 guy
Robertson- pass as he hasn’t progressed

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
My thoughts:

Beck- not sign as he has regressed
Petersen- sign but it’s close calll
Sim- likely not sign, but too soon to tell. He needs to be healthy long enough to show more if going to sign.

Burns- sign, raw but lots of upside
Mayich- sign, liked him in camp and think he has chance as 5/6 guy
Robertson- pass as he hasn’t progressed
I would sign Robertsson. At prospect camp, he’s been one of the better more talented players. I think it is kind of a Dvorsky deal not getting opportunity.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I would sign Robertsson. At prospect camp, he’s been one of the better more talented players. I think it is kind of a Dvorsky deal not getting opportunity.
Perhaps, but he is Swedish and has come up through Skelleftea system. This is the 5th year he has seen SHL time with them. They know him. They have invested untold hours and kroner in him. They should theoretically be committed to helping him succeed, unlike Dvo case where he was on new team this year and they didn't have time to help him grow when they struggled. Robertsson has everything going for him and he appears to have regressed.

Now, he may need change of scenery. He may need fresh start. I'm not saying there isn't a player there. But as we rebuild and have extra picks, not going to be able to sign everyone and while i haven't given up on him, i do think he needs to show more if he is going to be part of our future.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
A lot of it may come down to the 50 contract limit. While it is great to hold on to guys in case they become a late bloomer, I think it is important to have some flexibility there for trade purposes. Combine that with the fact that we have recently added extra 1st rounders and have an additional 2nd this year, I think it is Ok to cut bait on some players whom have not progressed as expected and have at best AHL upside.

For players like Beck, it may come down to the fact that he is an LHD.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
WJC wise, we're seeing some nice production out of our more highly touted kids.

Snuggerud 2gp 4g-1a-5p (game 3 in progress)
Stenburg 2gp 3g-1a-4p
Dvorsky 3gp 2g-2a-4p
Lidstein 2gp 0g-3a-3p

Pekarcik 3gp 0g-1a-1p
Stancl 3gp 0g-1a-1p
Kaskimaki 2gp 1g-0a-1p

Stats from the Slovakia win over Norway might not be updated, so there's some chance that's not up to date.

Last edited:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Stenburg 2gp 3g-1a-4p
Dvorsky 3gp 2g-2a-4p
Lidstein 2gp 0g-3a-3p

Pekarcik 3gp 0g-1a-1p
Stancl 3gp 0g-1a-1p
Kaskimaki 2gp 1g-0a-1p

Stats from the Slovakia win over Norway might not be updated, so there's some chance that's not up to date.
Pekarcik had a goal today (assisted by Dvo).

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Stenburg 2gp 3g-1a-4p
Dvorsky 3gp 2g-2a-4p
Lidstein 2gp 0g-3a-3p

Pekarcik 3gp 0g-1a-1p
Stancl 3gp 0g-1a-1p
Kaskimaki 2gp 1g-0a-1p

I don't think Stancl stats include today either. Think those are through 2 games.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I don't think Stancl stats include today either. Think those are through 2 games.

Stancl stats are definitely through 2, as I'm currently watching his 3rd game (CZE vs USA) right now.

I'll update the listing after the Canada Sweden game is done (last game today).

I just haven't seen much about the WJC, figured I'd post something about it. Could be nobody cares about the qualifiers and everyone only tunes in for the elimination round?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Stancl stats are definitely through 2, as I'm currently watching his 3rd game (CZE vs USA) right now.

I'll update the listing after the Canada Sweden game is done (last game today).

I just haven't seen much about the WJC, figured I'd post something about it. Could be nobody cares about the qualifiers and everyone only tunes in for the elimination round?
Thanks. There is more chatter in the WJC thread below.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Perhaps, but he is Swedish and has come up through Skelleftea system. This is the 5th year he has seen SHL time with them. They know him. They have invested untold hours and kroner in him. They should theoretically be committed to helping him succeed, unlike Dvo case where he was on new team this year and they didn't have time to help him grow when they struggled. Robertsson has everything going for him and he appears to have regressed.

Now, he may need change of scenery. He may need fresh start. I'm not saying there isn't a player there. But as we rebuild and have extra picks, not going to be able to sign everyone and while i haven't given up on him, i do think he needs to show more if he is going to be part of our future.
We do have quite a few RFAs and UFA forwards at Springfield. I have higher hopes for Robertsson than some of them. Petersen as well.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
We do have quite a few RFAs and UFA forwards at Springfield. I have higher hopes for Robertsson than some of them. Petersen as well.
I have high hopes for Robertsson as well but he's been a big disappointment for a guy who is nearing age 21. Lots of younger guys in the SHL are more productive than him, but in saying that I would like to see him in the AHL. I'm gonna have to take a look at the roster to see who I'd be ok with getting rid of, though I haven't fully given up on Robertsson yet.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Beck, Petersen, and Sim all need to be signed before summer 2024. Mayich, Burns, and Robertsson next year. Who do we sign?
I’d sign Peterson. He won’t be much as he has very little skill and poor hockey sense but he’s big and has speed so maybe he could be a Toropchenko type. Think he’s also decent at faceoffs.

Beck, no. Sim, no. Robertsson, no. Not unless he breaks out next season. If anything he’s regressing. Regardless, I’m glad teams now have 4 years to decide on Euros. Used to be 2. Burns, yes. Mayich…TBD. Will need to see more of him.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
rather ironic that lindstein wasn't even supposed to be on team and he has been perhaps their best defenseman.
What I find funny is how many breaks had to go his way for him to get a shot.

And it’s made funnier knowing that the decision to not have him on the roster was silly to begin with. It’s like reality edited itself because it knew something screwed up on that one.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
How about ...

Neighbors. Thomas Kyrou
Kaskamaki. Dvorsky. Snuggerud
Bolduc. Stenberg. Pekarcik
Toropchenko. Dean. Stancl

Alexandrov

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Tanner Dickinson siting

He's back on the ice. Good for him

No particular reason. Don't claim to know a lot about these guys.

Watching a couple of WJC games he seems to be solid skater with some moves.
Switch Kaskimaki and Stenberg. Stenberg projects more as a LW at the NHL level.

Always fun to project a couple years out, but I’ve learned that the roster rarely looks similar to what is projected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad