Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Switch Kaskimaki and Stenberg. Stenberg projects more as a LW at the NHL level.

Always fun to project a couple years out, but I’ve learned that the roster rarely looks similar to what is projected.

The real mystery is seeing what the defense looks like in five years.

That needs to be the top priority now.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
The real mystery is seeing what the defense looks like in five years.

That needs to be the top priority now.
Fingers crossed that we get at least 2 nice defensive prospects to go with the glut of forwards we have. Lots of mid tier defensemen in the system besides Lindstein, and even he doesn’t project as a true #1, let alone a great 1st pairing (he could). I don’t know much about the defensemen we drafted last year, but there are a few Russian prospects in the system that might end up being contributors in the future. Susuyev and Vorobyov come to mind. I’ll be excited to see the next prospects camp

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Fingers crossed that we get at least 2 nice defensive prospects to go with the glut of forwards we have. Lots of mid tier defensemen in the system besides Lindstein, and even he doesn’t project as a true #1, let alone a great 1st pairing (he could). I don’t know much about the defensemen we drafted last year, but there are a few Russian prospects in the system that might end up being contributors in the future. Susuyev and Vorobyov come to mind. I’ll be excited to see the next prospects camp

i wonder if we’d package some of our glut of forwards for a top defensive prospect?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Speaking of Vorobyov, he has 5 goals and 7 points in his last 10 games. Impressive for a 21 year old in the KHL.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018

I think Vorobyov is a wing. Needs to add some weight but has the scoring touch.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I think Vorobyov is a wing. Needs to add some weight but has the scoring touch.
Yea I didn't specify when I jumped to the Russians that I was talking about forwards, my bad. Koromyslov is the only Russian defenseman we have and I'm not too sure his development at the moment.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
What kind of info do you mean? Vorobyov, as already mentioned here is on a hot streak in the KHL, hopefully he finally got it and can play on that level. Koromyslov is in he VHL, unfortunately doesn't really stand out there to say that he shouldn't be there.
I think most of us are curious on whether guys like Vorobyov, Susuyev, and Koromyslov are being effective forecheckers, showing offensive skill, and defending well in their given roles. Obviously the kids aren't going to be playing a ton, but in the limited amount of ice time are they holding their own and generally good players. Koromyslov played a lot in the KHL last year, but he's been relegated this year which is concerning regarding his development.

If anyone else wants to chime in on what they're looking for specifically, maybe that'll narrow down what we're asking for from Caser.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I think most of us are curious on whether guys like Vorobyov, Susuyev, and Koromyslov are being effective forecheckers, showing offensive skill, and defending well in their given roles. Obviously the kids are going to be playing a ton, but in the limited amount of ice time are they holding their own and generally good players. Koromyslov played a lot in the KHL last year, but he's been relegated this year which is concerning regarding his development.

If anyone else wants to chime in on what they're looking for specifically, maybe that'll narrow down what we're asking for from Caser.
You nailed it for me. Sorry @Caser , I couldn’t come up with a good way to explain it and you watch a ton of players so idk how much in depth info you have on these guys but apologies for not being more thorough. And I forgot about Susuyev, thanks for mentioning him too.

Reactions: Caser and ezcreepin

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
You nailed it for me. Sorry @Caser , I couldn’t come up with a good way to explain it and you watch a ton of players so idk how much in depth info you have on these guys but apologies for not being more thorough. And I forgot about Susuyev, thanks for mentioning him too.
No worries homie, there could be other things people would like to know that I didn't even think of. At least if we can get a general understanding on the surface level stuff, we can go from there.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
I think most of us are curious on whether guys like Vorobyov, Susuyev, and Koromyslov are being effective forecheckers, showing offensive skill, and defending well in their given roles. Obviously the kids aren't going to be playing a ton, but in the limited amount of ice time are they holding their own and generally good players. Koromyslov played a lot in the KHL last year, but he's been relegated this year which is concerning regarding his development.

I think here first and foremost we have to remember that we are talking about the guys, who are far from being a finished products and who are playing the roles that can vary over time.

Vorobyov, while being almost 22 now, has debuted in the KHL just couple of months ago. He is looking so far so good in the middle-six winger role, showing that skill, also looks to be decent at the own end, playing with intensity and willing to go to the crease, but overall it's hard to say anything more than that, particularly because he has just started establishing himself in this role.

With Susuyev it is even harder, as he is younger and barely gets any icetime at all on the KHL level, so to tell where he is at this stage is pretty much impossible to me (it doesn't mean he isn't developing though). His main assets are athleticism and skill and Spartak team is a strong one and has plenty of that on their roster, so it won't be easy for him, at least immediately, to get a proper role, therefore we'll have to wait here and check again later.

Koromyslov actually didn't play a lot in the KHL last year, his icetime was extremely limited, so at least he is getting enough of that now even though it is on the VHL level. However his development doesn't look great to me at all, as I mentioned he doesn't look too good there, showing occasionally that he got the talent, but he is still inconsistent at both ends of the ice. He is in his last contract year though, so maybe some change of scenery can be beneficial for him.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Koromyslov is one I was really hoping to see in the WJC but it wasn’t to be I guess. He made Russia’s ‘22 WJC team but that’s the tourney that got canceled. When they actually played it 6 mo later, Russia had been banned from the tourney. They were then obviously still banned a year ago too and now he’s 20. I don’t want to get into the politics of that but it stinks for the players. @Caser, when you talk about a change of scenery, do you think he’s likely to leave the SKA system next season? Go somewhere else in Russia or maybe come to N.A.?

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Koromyslov is one I was really hoping to see in the WJC but it wasn’t to be I guess. He made Russia’s ‘22 WJC team but that’s the tourney that got canceled. When they actually played it 6 mo later, Russia had been banned from the tourney. They were then obviously still banned a year ago too and now he’s 20. I don’t want to get into the politics of that but it stinks for the players. @Caser, when you talk about a change of scenery, do you think he’s likely to leave the SKA system next season? Go somewhere else in Russia or maybe come to N.A.?
I have a feeling (not based on any facts, but still) that both SKA and Koromyslov are mutually disappointed in how things are going. However to play for a different KHL organization, his KHL rights should be traded there and the KHL trade deadline has already passed, so to trade him will be possible only in May now, therefore it might be even an easier option for him to sign the ELC with the Blues and to go to Springfield for some restart there.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I think here first and foremost we have to remember that we are talking about the guys, who are far from being a finished products and who are playing the roles that can vary over time.

Vorobyov, while being almost 22 now, has debuted in the KHL just couple of months ago. He is looking so far so good in the middle-six winger role, showing that skill, also looks to be decent at the own end, playing with intensity and willing to go to the crease, but overall it's hard to say anything more than that, particularly because he has just started establishing himself in this role.

With Susuyev it is even harder, as he is younger and barely gets any icetime at all on the KHL level, so to tell where he is at this stage is pretty much impossible to me (it doesn't mean he isn't developing though). His main assets are athleticism and skill and Spartak team is a strong one and has plenty of that on their roster, so it won't be easy for him, at least immediately, to get a proper role, therefore we'll have to wait here and check again later.

Koromyslov actually didn't play a lot in the KHL last year, his icetime was extremely limited, so at least he is getting enough of that now even though it is on the VHL level. However his development doesn't look great to me at all, as I mentioned he doesn't look too good there, showing occasionally that he got the talent, but he is still inconsistent at both ends of the ice. He is in his last contract year though, so maybe some change of scenery can be beneficial for him.
Thanks for the input Caser, it's appreciated. Regarding Koromyslov, I thought he was playing at least 10 minutes a game last year in the KHL, but I'm guessing he wasn't even getting that. I saw he'd played over 20 games and assumed they were at least using him a decent amount. What are your thoughts on draft eligible Nikita Artamonov? He could be being played in a role that suits him, but you don't just score 17 points in 35 games off of sheer luck. Does he look as good as his stats look?

Reactions: Caser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad