Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I have a nagging fear that guys will start to cheat for offence because they can out muscle the opposition when they see large offensive output increases going from European men's leagues to the CHL.

They can't get away with that in the AHL/NHL and some don't regain that work ethic when they start to struggle at the pro level again.
I understand, i'd be more concerned if mackenzie was't the coach...alot easier to cheat and get away with it when you're a winger, dalibor as a c is forced to play 200 ft

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
I understand, i'd be more concerned if mackenzie was't the coach...alot easier to cheat and get away with it when you're a winger, dalibor as a c is forced to play 200 ft
did some reading on the Sudbury board and the consensus is McKenzie is a horrible coach, almost do the level of they were hoping to lose a few more games on the recent skid so he gets canned. PP and PK have been a disaster for most of the year and questionable lines as well.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
did some reading on the Sudbury board and the consensus is McKenzie is a horrible coach, almost do the level of they were hoping to lose a few more games on the recent skid so he gets canned. PP and PK have been a disaster for most of the year and questionable lines as well.
admittedly their pp is much worse than you would expect. personally. i don't really care that much. my interest is in dvo's development, not sudbury's win/loss record.

Reactions: AyeBah

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
buchinger, as expected, named to team canada camp. burns, as expected, didn't (they went heavily towards older guys) but could well be on radar next year.
That’s good. Curious if he’ll make it. He seems to be a bubble guy.

Surprised Owen Pickering wasn’t invited. Unless he’s injured?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Good for Buchinger to be named to the camp, hopefully he can progress well and be a solid puck moving defenseman for us on the left side. I'd rather not strike out three times when it comes to developing a LHD and then letting them go excel somewhere else (Dunn/Walman).

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Good for Buchinger to be named to the camp, hopefully he can progress well and be a solid puck moving defenseman for us on the left side. I'd rather not strike out three times when it comes to developing a LHD and then letting them go excel somewhere else (Dunn/Walman).

Wasn't Colt a 3rd rounder? At any rate, mid round picks on Dmen seem to work out for us.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Pickering apparently hasn’t had great season. Seems like bit of long term project. I’m not super bullish on him, quite frankly.
Fair enough. He seems like a “name” player but I certainly don’t go out of my way to watch Broncos games.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Too late. Mikkola is playing really well for Florida. Not top pair well, but solid Top 4. On pace for 27 points, 5th on team in +/- at +8, 20 minutes a night and rave reviews from panthers fans

Reactions: Mike Liut

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Too late. Mikkola is playing really well for Florida. Not top pair well, but solid Top 4. On pace for 27 points, 5th on team in +/- at +8, 20 minutes a night and rave reviews from panthers fans
That's true, I completely forgot about Mikkola. He's been playing pretty well from what I've seen in Florida. Admittedly I was not a fan of Mikkola during his time with the Blues but I'm glad to see he has found his spot on a different team.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
It’s almost like mvr had no idea how to develop young d…
Berube is the head coach so some blame goes there in addition to MVR. Army is both the boss of the coaches and moved on from all three defensemen while holding his overpaid, veteran D. So he deserves some as well. I really don’t like the handling of our D from roster construction, to player development, deployment strategies, nor play tactics.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Well I used to coach one of their players and he loves him

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Berube is the head coach so some blame goes there in addition to MVR. Army is both the boss of the coaches and moved on from all three defensemen while holding his overpaid, veteran D. So he deserves some as well. I really don’t like the handling of our D from roster construction, to player development, deployment strategies, nor play tactics.
sure, plenty of blame to go around. mvr was bad at his job and berube and armstrong covered for him by bringing in better coaches (robinson, monty) to handle some of his duties instead of just firing him years ago. i'm really not sure how he kept job for so long doing so poorly at it.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Lindstein didn’t make Sweden’s WJC team. As expected, Stenberg did.
It's a bit disappointing, albeit not unexpected. I don’t think it really means much in terms of his overall development/upside as he is already in men’s league, but would have been fun to watch him.

It's worth noting that this looks like Swedish roster, not just camp roster like us and canada.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
It's a bit disappointing, albeit not unexpected. I don’t think it really means much in terms of his overall development/upside as he is already in men’s league, but would have been fun to watch him.

It's worth noting that this looks like Swedish roster, not just camp roster like us and canada.
Yeah, they clearly just picked the team as there’s nobody else to cut as they’re already down to 13F, 7D, 3G.

Not sure what Jakob Noren has over Lindstein other than he’s a handful of months older but oh well.

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
Well I used to coach one of their players and he loves him
Doesn't change the fact that one of the most talented rosters in the OHL and arguably the best line in the CHL is middle of the pack and barely over .500 lol

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yeah, they clearly just picked the team as there’s nobody else to cut as they’re already down to 13F, 7D, 3G.

Not sure what Jakob Noren has over Lindstein other than he’s a handful of months older but oh well.
he is an 04 and a returning member of their d. i too would have picked lindstein over him, but it's hard sometimes for teams to cut returning players unless they have clearly regressed (like stramel). lindstein will likely be heavy favorite to make next year's team.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

Does Sweden always only bring 23 guys to the tournament? You can bring up to 25 and it seems risky to only bring 1 extra D and 1 extra forward.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Does Sweden always only bring 23 guys to the tournament? You can bring up to 25 and it seems risky to only bring 1 extra D and 1 extra forward.
It was 25 during the last 2-3 years because of Covid but I would assume it’s going back to the standard 23 this year. You can add players to the roster due to injuries though. Canada did that last year - adding Owen Beck when Colton Dach got injured.

Reactions: Brian39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad