Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I wonder if we sign Simon Robertsson to an ELC. It's his last year to make an impact, and he hasn't. Two points in eleven games, and he simply has gotten worse with each year.

Kinda sucks because I was fairly high on the pick and player.
i've been thinking we likely won't. i don't think we will sign Beck either, as he too seems to have peaked early in his collegiate career. i think we will likely sign peterson, although i am not sold on his upside either.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
i absolutely love our 2023 draft.

What's especially cool with Pekarcik is that he was one of the youngest draft eligible players. Imagine he would've been 4 days older and this would be his first draft eligible year with 22 points in 16 games being 5th in PPG in the USHL slightly behind guys like Hagens and Eiserman... He'd definitely be a first round pick.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Really loving seeing both Perkarcik and Dvorsky showing considerable offensive flair after an adjustment period to the North American ice/game.

I think it bodes really well that they were late birthdays within the draft eligible year, with Perkarcik being 2023 eligible by a matter of days. Based on how this season is going, had he been born a week later, I have little doubt Perkarcik would have been off the board by the middle of the 2nd - maybe even somewhere in the first round.

Dvorsky being on the younger side also gives me faith that he'll fill out a bit more than some of the older 1st round guys, while displaying incredible maturity for a 18 year old. I hope that going from the SHL to CHL juniors doesn't instill too many bad habits to have to coach back out of his game when he transitions back up to the pros.

Reactions: Mike Liut

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
Dvorsky has dominated faceoffs too. 60% before todays game where he was 12/19. And I'm not sure I understand peoples obsession with his bulk? He's a 6'1 200 lb 18 year old. That's plenty of bulk for an NHL player

Reactions: Celtic Note

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Dvorsky has dominated faceoffs too. 60% before todays game where he was 12/19. And I'm not sure I understand peoples obsession with his bulk? He's a 6'1 200 lb 18 year old. That's plenty of bulk for an NHL player

Nobody wants him to bulk up, we were discussing an 18 year old kid filling out naturally. He’s 6’1 200 now at 18, he may end up 6’2 215

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Love seeing Paul Fischer's name as a possible bubble option for team USA at the WJC:

Given the defense/roster make up (several smallish offense first RHD and somewhat weak LHD depth) I think he has a legit shot to make it as a defensively sound bottom pairing LHD w/ size. Sounds like he's been having a good start to the season with Notre Dame as well with 1 G 5 A in 14 games playing on the second pairing.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Love seeing Paul Fischer's name as a possible bubble option for team USA at the WJC:

Given the defense/roster make up (several smallish offense first RHD and somewhat weak LHD depth) I think he has a legit shot to make it as a defensively sound bottom pairing LHD w/ size. Sounds like he's been having a good start to the season with Notre Dame as well with 1 G 5 A in 14 games playing on the second pairing.
I was not a fan of this pick and certainly wasn't impressed at prospect camp either. However, he is growing on me.

Reactions: stl76

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Fischer appears to be the type of d-man that if you don’t notice him, he’s doing well. He won’t bring you out of your seat but he’s a solid defensive d-man.

I’ll be a bit surprised it he makes the US WJC team but he should be close to a lock next season.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Same. Musty has good skill but Stenberg is pretty even with skill but has him beat in terms of skating, effort/motor, hockey sense, defensive game and leadership.
They are not even in skill and hockey sense. The other attributes yes for sure

Really loving seeing both Perkarcik and Dvorsky showing considerable offensive flair after an adjustment period to the North American ice/game.

I think it bodes really well that they were late birthdays within the draft eligible year, with Perkarcik being 2023 eligible by a matter of days. Based on how this season is going, had he been born a week later, I have little doubt Perkarcik would have been off the board by the middle of the 2nd - maybe even somewhere in the first round.

Dvorsky being on the younger side also gives me faith that he'll fill out a bit more than some of the older 1st round guys, while displaying incredible maturity for a 18 year old. I hope that going from the SHL to CHL juniors doesn't instill too many bad habits to have to coach back out of his game when he transitions back up to the pros.
Derek mackenzie is a very good coach. Really turned sudbury around last year. Not worried about bad habits forming jsut because it's junior

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
They are not even in skill and hockey sense. The other attributes yes for sure

Derek mackenzie is a very good coach. Really turned sudbury around last year. Not worried about bad habits forming jsut because it's junior
I have a nagging fear that guys will start to cheat for offence because they can out muscle the opposition when they see large offensive output increases going from European men's leagues to the CHL.

They can't get away with that in the AHL/NHL and some don't regain that work ethic when they start to struggle at the pro level again.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Notre Dame split 2 games (6-1 W and a 2-1 L) with #13 ranked Michigan this weekend. Only got to checkout some highlights but Fischer was a plus 2 and had a nice play skating the puck up and running over a Michigan defender before dishing to the slot for an assist on this goal (starting ~0:52):

Hard to really get a feel for his game just watching highlights, hoping to get a chance to catch some fighting irish games at some point this season. If anyone else gets a chance to see Fischer/Notre Dame play please let us know how they look!

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Notre Dame split 2 games (6-1 W and a 2-1 L) with #13 ranked Michigan this weekend. Only got to checkout some highlights but Fischer was a plus 2 and had a nice play skating the puck up and running over a Michigan defender before dishing to the slot for an assist on this goal (starting ~0:52):

Hard to really get a feel for his game just watching highlights, hoping to get a chance to catch some fighting irish games at some point this season. If anyone else gets a chance to see Fischer/Notre Dame play please let us know how they look!

I watched a game earlier this season. I’m actually really excited about him as a prospect. has all the tools. Bit of a late bloomer but I see some Devin Toews in him.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Team USA announced their training camp roster and Fischer didn’t get an invite unfortunately:

Looks like they chose to go with some younger guys (Geary and Livananvage) and Fortescue instead for the left side :-/

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Team USA announced their training camp roster and Fischer didn’t get an invite unfortunately:

Looks like they chose to go with some younger guys (Geary and Livananvage) and Fortescue instead for the left side :-/
Both Geary and Livananvage are older than Fischer. Both went undrafted the last 2 drafts. I find it somewhat surprising Fischer didn’t at least get an invite.

Also surprising Cole Eiserman didn’t at least get an invite. Hagens did but Hagens has an easier path to make the team as a C. Eiserman had more competition at wing.

As expected, no Musty or Brzustewicz, the two highest scoring Americans (by pts/game) in the OHL. Politics.

I’m fairly baffled by many of USA Hockey's decisions each year and this year is no different.

EDIT: No Stramel either after he made the team the last 2 years. 1 goal, 0 assists in 10 games will do that. I think Minny is going to regret spending a 1st rounder on him.

Last edited:

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Both Geary and Livananvage are older than Fischer. Both went undrafted the last 2 drafts. I find it somewhat surprising Fischer didn’t at least get an invite.

Also surprising Cole Eiserman didn’t at least get an invite. Hagens did but Hagens has an easier path to make the team as a C. Eiserman had more competition at wing.

As expected, no Musty or Brzustewicz, the two highest scoring Americans (by pts/game) in the OHL. Politics.

I’m fairly baffled by many of USA Hockey's decisions each year and this year is no different.

EDIT: No Stramel either after he made the team the last 2 years. 1 goal, 0 assists in 10 games will do that. I think Minny is going to regret spending a 1st rounder on him.
You’re right - I just assumed since they were eligible for the 2024 draft they were younger guys and USAH wanted them to get experience or saw more potential there. Odd choice, would love to know the thinking behind selecting Geary and Livananvage. Geary has zero experience playing for USAH, Livananvage has a handful of games for the USNTDP. Maybe they wanted more mature players? A bit surprised by Minnetian as well.

Figured after last years smaller more offense oriented defense getting man handled against Canada they would especially value size + physicality + defensive acumen this year. Especially given the smaller more offensive dmen at the top of the lineup this year (Casey, Hutson, even Chesley).

I can see Brzustewicz given the RHD ahead of him in the lineup. Musty was probably a long shot anyway for similar reasons (quality older forward depth and a game that may not translate as well to a bottom 6…especially if they want to play with a lot of pace down the lineup). Agreed playing in the CHL was probably held against both tho.

Eiserman is more surprising but he doesn’t sound like he has much defensive focus in his game and given the quality of the older forward depth on the team I can see how they decided not to go that way.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad