Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
This article was posted on the last page:
EV Zug's Attilio Biasca invited to the St. Louis Blues' rookie camp

It says this guy was invited to Rookie/Development camp, running from Sept 13-19.

I don’t know why they left the TC tourney but I think they’re doing something else with a few other teams. Don’t recall the specifics.

Side note: the dates above give a hint that main camp likely starts Sept 20.
From the P-D chat

The Blues are not going to Traverse City anymore. They are joining a rotating tournament with Chicago and Minnesota. This summer, it's in St. Paul. Not sure whether next year is in Chicago or Maryland Heights, but it'll be here at some point.

Each team plays two games, with the home team playing Friday and Sunday. The dates this year is Sept. 15-17.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
From the P-D chat

The Blues are not going to Traverse City anymore. They are joining a rotating tournament with Chicago and Minnesota. This summer, it's in St. Paul. Not sure whether next year is in Chicago or Maryland Heights, but it'll be here at some point.

Each team plays two games, with the home team playing Friday and Sunday. The dates this year is Sept. 15-17.
That’s cool. My dream is some day the WJC comes to St. Louis(or Nashville). This is quite a big step down from that, but it’s still fun to watch the prospects.

Reactions: Drubilly

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
From the P-D chat

And I happen to be in the process of moving to Minnesota…nice timing.

This mini-tourney will also be Bedard’s games in a Hawks uniform. Not seeing how to get tickets for it though.

Reactions: BrokenFace

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Does Snuggs come to camp? Or not because he’s staying in college?

I think we're going te have a lot of invites and prospects who are already in the AHL. Probably no players from the NCAA (Snuggerud, Fischer, Beck, Peterson), Russia (Koromyslov, Vorobyev, Susuyev), SHL (Dvorsky, Stenberg, Lindstein, Robertsson) and Finland (Kaskimaki).

Reactions: Mike Liut

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yeah, besides main camp, I’ll be interested to see what the roster looks like that they’ll bring to St. Paul for the Kurvers Prospect Showcase. The Wild released their roster yesterday so the Blues should release theirs soon.

The move to MN has been rough but one benefit is this prospect tourney is now nearby so I got tickets for Fri (Wild) and Sat (Hawks). Can’t beat the price of free. The Hawks game will end up being Bedard’s 1st game in a Hawk uniform. Hopefully my kids cooperate enough that we can attend both games.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Here's the Prospect tournament roster according to Korac

NHL.com confirms.

Prospects Roster​

Forwards: Mikhail Abramov, Nikita Alexandrov, Attilio Biasca, Samuel Bitten, Zachary Bolduc, Alexis Bonefon, Zach Dean, Tanner Dickinson, Andre Heim, Mitch Hoelscher, Mathias Laferriere, Keean Washkurak

Defense: Jeremie Biakabutuka, Michael Buchinger, Quinton Burns, Marc-Andre Gaudet, Matthew Kessel, Leo Loof, Matt Mayich, Hunter Skinner

Goalies: Will Cranley, Colten Ellis, Vadim Zherenko

I wouldn't be surprised if they're still going to add a couple of invites, seeing we're at a bare minimum of 12 forwards. Roster seems to lack higher end talent (especially forwards) but that's not totally unexpected for a group without players from the NCAA and competitions in Russia, Sweden and Finland.

Guys I expected but are missing: Juraj Pekarčík, Anton Malmström and Landon Sim (injury?).

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

NHL.com confirms.

Prospects Roster​

Forwards: Mikhail Abramov, Nikita Alexandrov, Attilio Biasca, Samuel Bitten, Zachary Bolduc, Alexis Bonefon, Zach Dean, Tanner Dickinson, Andre Heim, Mitch Hoelscher, Mathias Laferriere, Keean Washkurak

Defense: Jeremie Biakabutuka, Michael Buchinger, Quinton Burns, Marc-Andre Gaudet, Matthew Kessel, Leo Loof, Matt Mayich, Hunter Skinner

Goalies: Will Cranley, Colten Ellis, Vadim Zherenko

I wouldn't be surprised if they're still going to add a couple of invites, seeing we're at a bare minimum of 12 forwards. Roster seems to lack higher end talent (especially forwards) but that's not totally unexpected for a group without players from the NCAA and competitions in Russia, Sweden and Finland.

Guys I expected but are missing: Juraj Pekarčík, Anton Malmström and Landon Sim (injury?).
Pekarcik just arrived in the USA like a week and half ago, and is just getting used to his team and everything else that comes with moving half way across the world. Blues probably think it’s more beneficial to stay with his USHL team for the time of the camp

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Pekarcik just arrived in the USA like a week and half ago, and is just getting used to his team and everything else that comes with moving half way across the world. Blues probably think it’s more beneficial to stay with his USHL team for the time of the camp
Interesting. I’m sure Dubuque, IA is a lot more fun than traveling to STL and then the Twin Cities too.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Love when the teams do this, don't know why so many don't bother streaming rookie tournaments

Is unfortunate we won't have most of our top guys though

I saw your Kurvers roster and only recognized a couple names and even though I don't keep tabs on the Blues prospects I figured something was going on so I stopped by to get perspective from Blues fans. As I expected, many of the top prospects are not attending due to college or European leagues. Some of the Hawks top prospects won't be attending either, most notably Frank Nazar and Oliver Moore, but you guys are missing pretty much all your top prospects.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I saw your Kurvers roster and only recognized a couple names and even though I don't keep tabs on the Blues prospects I figured something was going on so I stopped by to get perspective from Blues fans. As I expected, many of the top prospects are not attending due to college or European leagues. Some of the Hawks top prospects won't be attending either, most notably Frank Nazar and Oliver Moore, but you guys are missing pretty much all your top prospects.

Yeah, Blues roster has no NCAA-players and no players that are playing in Europe. So no Snuggerud, Dvorsky, Stenberg (also injured) and Lindstein, etc. We do still have two former 1st-rounders in Bolduc and Dean, but talent-wise it's clear that we probably have a weaker squad compared to the Hawks and Wild.

Having said that, the Blues are bringing some older prospects who've already played quite a few games in the AHL and even 3 guys who already made their NHL debut (Alexandrov, Kessel, Bitten). So this roster might not have a lot of high end talent, but might still perform adequatly purely because of physical maturity.

EDIT:
Noticed we didn't have Will Bitten on our roster, but his younger brother Sam, who's on an AHL-deal. So make that 2 guys with NHL-experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian39

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Yeah, Blues roster has no NCAA-players and no players that are playing in Europe. So no Snuggerud, Dvorsky, Stenberg (also injured) and Lindstein, etc. We do still have two former 1st-rounders in Bolduc and Dean, but talent-wise it's clear that we probably have a weaker squad compared to the Hawks and Wild.

Having said that, the Blues are bringing some older prospects who've already played quite a few games in the AHL and even 3 guys who already made their NHL debut (Alexandrov, Kessel, Bitten). So this roster might have a lot of high end talent, but might still perform adequatly purely because of physical maturity.

EDIT:
Noticed we didn't have Will Bitten on our roster, but his younger brother Sam, who's on an AHL-deal. So make that 2 guys with NHL-experience.

Here's to hoping for good competitive games where we can ooh and ahh a lot, but NO INJURIES.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ahh Erik Foley. What might’ve been. Such an innocent play at a meaningless prospect camp ended his career. With his other concussions he was probably looking at a short career to begin with, but it would’ve been nice if he could’ve at least made his NHL debut just so he can say he did it. He was never going to be a star, but I think he was destined to be a solid bottom sixer with a bit of skill to fill in.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Ahh Erik Foley. What might’ve been. Such an innocent play at a meaningless prospect camp ended his career. With his other concussions he was probably looking at a short career to begin with, but it would’ve been nice if he could’ve at least made his NHL debut just so he can say he did it. He was never going to be a star, but I think he was destined to be a solid bottom sixer with a bit of skill to fill in.
There is at least a monetary upside. He spent 2 of the 3 seasons of his ELC earning his NHL salary as an injured player. That pushed his career earnings to about $2M and he was making that money while looking at a high likelihood that his career was over. His agent was certainly stressing the importance of saving that money.

If he had toiled for 3 years in the AHL (with maybe a cup of coffee in the NHL to say he did it) and then had to retire, his career earnings would be around $500k. Just under that if he never got the cup of coffee.

He's not set for life and a lot of that $2M is lost by being in the highest tax bracket, agent fees, etc. But it is a hell of a bigger financial head start than if he had been making AHL money throughout his entire ELC.

Money doesn't fix everything, he will likely feel a physical toll from hockey for the rest of his life and the "what if" question will likely nag at him forever. But there are a ton of guys who washed out of the minor leagues due to injuries with similar questions/issues who earned a small fraction of what he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad