Value of: Blackhawks Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He's been good just been left out to dry by Gustafson and borgstrom.
I can't tell if you're messing with me, or really clueless.

Stillman never played with Gus. Gus was signed after he was injured.

Borgstrom isn't a defenseman.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If I were a petty man I would go back and quote all the posts saying Jones alone was worth more than Matthews lol
I had proposed a trade of Matthews for PLD+Jones from the Jackets and roasted for it. In hind sight that would have been soo bad for the Leafs.

Has Jones really been that bad?

Dubois has 10 points in 8 games this season

If Jones is still a legit #1 D, I'd make that deal for Toronto...

Tavares & Dubois as a 1-2 punch down the middle is better than what most teams are rolling out each game

Reactions: KotkaZuki

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
I can't tell if you're messing with me, or really clueless.

Stillman never played with Gus. Gus was signed after he was injured.

Borgstrom isn't a defenseman.
You obviously haven't watched the hawks then this year. Because Gus was signed right before the season started missed the 1st game and played everyone since and was paired with Stillman for pretty much every game. Borgstrom is a center but on two different occasions of him not covering his guy caused Stillman -2

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
If Hawks were to blow it up, it would be pretty easy for connections to be made between Toews and Montreal. I'm assuming his NMC likely includes the Canadian teams but:
  • two years left including this year
  • actual dollars is a lot less than the hit, but would want Hawks to retain some.
  • Played nationally with Weber and Price. If Weber is truly done, you can use the ltir space for big chunk of Toews' cap hit.
  • Plays center, and is still productive.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Imo Stan Bowman was just a illusion of a good GM. He completely destroyed this franchise with Mc D .

If I'm Rocky Wirtz I'm on the phone immediately calling talon and bringing him back. What's sad is talon buildt a dynasty including Chicago's depth his only mistake that imo didn't warrant him being let go while stan was given a pass for the numerous mistakes .

Tribalism red kosher carpet rolled out to Stan. Dale Tallon had skill. Stan Bowman was born into nepotism you can't blame him. Give him a star.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Tribalism red kosher carpet rolled out to Stan. Dale Tallon had skill. Stan Bowman was born into nepotism you can't blame him. Give him a star.
So no credit for not dismantling the 2011 team that almost got swept by Vancouver…or the building 2013 Cup winner, 2014 final four and 2015 Cup winner?

Brandon Saad
Andrew Shaw
Johnny Oduya
Michal Rozsival
Michal Handzus
Michal Frolik
Brad Richards
Nick Leddy
Andrew Desjardins
Antoine Vermette
Teuvo Teravainen
Viktor Stalberg
Kris Versteeg

no credit at all?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

Very well said. Stans father was/is a legendary hall of fame coach , there is nothing wrong with helping your kid or opening up a door for them, however people need to be hired based on qualifications, knowledge and results/history. We see in today's world a vast majority of people in many industries/ government ect were hired for the wrong reasons and continue to fail with no accountability.

Imo I believe Rocky had enough and this incident was the easy way out. How can a owner justify firing a hall of fame headcoach who brought a winning record to the organization 3 stanley cups only to be fired and replaced with a guy who was found in some barn league just recently and his record is atrocious.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
The Oilers should make a play for Hagel if the Blackhawks have him available. Samorukov + 2nd rounder

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
With the goal of clearing out their long term contracts in order to have significant cap space by the summer of 2024, here are a few trade ideas...

Trade #1
To Florida: Kane (50% retained), Lankinen

To Chicago: Hornqvist, Knight

Florida: They land an elite 1st line winger to play alongside Barkov, while also dumping Hornqvist's contract. As much as they may like Knight, can they really justify paying him 5+ million in a couple of years with Bobrovsky's contract on the roster? Lankinen gives them a cheap backup for the rest of the season

Chicago: They get their goalie of the future in Knight

Trade #2
To Ottawa: Toews, Murphy

To Chicago: Brannstrom, J. Brown, Sanford, T.B.'s 2022 2nd

Ottawa: They bring in a veteran C in Toews to captain the rebuild, while Murphy shores up the right side of their D

Chicago: They get a young LD with some upside in Brannstrom, a 2022 2nd rd pick, and clear Murphy's long term contract from their books

Trade #3
To Calgary: Johnson

To Chicago: Monahan, Lucic

Calgary: They pick up a 3C with playoff experience while clearing approx. 6.5 million in cap space. They also make room for Pelletier in their lineup

Chicago: They clear the 3rd year of Johnson's contract, and pick up a couple of overpaid veterans for the fans to boo during home games

Trade #4
To Los Angeles: Kubalik, McCabe

To Chicago: Athanasiou, Moore, Maatta

L.A.: They get an upgrade on the wing in Kubalik, and a veteran LD in McCabe

Chicago: They clear McCabe's long term contract from the books

Trade #5
To Toronto: Strome

To Chicago: 2022 1st, Ritchie

Toronto: They roll the dice on Strome at LW in their top 6, while also dumping Ritchie's contract

Chicago: They add a 2022 1st

Trade #6
To Pittsburgh: Fleury (50% retained)

To Chicago: Rikola, DeSmith

Pittsburgh: They bring Fleury back for what may be his final season

Chicago: They make room for Knight as their starting goalie, while DeSmith gives them a backup for the rest of the season

A 1st round pick seems like to much for Strome

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm interested in Murphy, not so much because we need the D help but because every time we add a guy who has childhood Columbus connections they apparently turn to f***ing gold. It's like they've all internalized the city's longstanding inferiority complex as kids and when they come back they're all "finally, this is MY chance to do MY part in showing all the haters and dismissers how wrong they are to ignore this town".

I mean, at this rate Murphy in union blue might well end up contending for a Norris or something at the rate we've been going lately.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I'm interested in Murphy, not so much because we need the D help but because every time we add a guy who has childhood Columbus connections they apparently turn to f***ing gold. It's like they've all internalized the city's longstanding inferiority complex as kids and when they come back they're all "finally, this is MY chance to do MY part in showing all the haters and dismissers how wrong they are to ignore this town".

I mean, at this rate Murphy in union blue might well end up contending for a Norris or something at the rate we've been going lately.

Well if that’s the case, our 2022 1st back and a good prospect. Small price to pay for a future Norris contender who has already signed an extension :sarcasm:

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I actually do think that the Blackhawks need to purge the stink. Send Toews to Winterpeg and Kane to the Rangers.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I think Calgary and Chicago seem like good trading partners, provided Toews and Kane are willing to go there...

To Calgary: Kane (50% retained), Toews (50% retained)

To Chicago: Coronato, Monahan, Lucic, FLA's 2022 2nd

Calgary add an elite 1st line winger at half his cap hit, while Toews gives them a veteran who should fit in nicely in a defensive role on the 3rd line. They also dump the contracts of Monahan and Lucic

Chicago get a solid prospect in Coronato, plus a 2022 2nd

Possible Calgary lineup:
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Kane
Gaudreau - Backlund - Mangiapane
Coleman - Toews - Dube

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Chicago: Brannstrom

To Ottawa: Strome

Chicago get a young LD with some upside in Brannstrom

Ottawa get a young C with some upside in Strome

Both players are former 1st rd picks who seem like they would welcome playing elsewhere...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Los Angeles: Kubalik

To Chicago: 2022 1st, Maatta

Kings get a goal-scoring top 6 LW

Chicago get a 2022 1st rd pick

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
3way deal...

Chicago out: Kane (50% retained)
Chicago in: Yamamoto, Brannstrom, EDM's 2022 1st, T.B.'s 2022 2nd

Edmonton out: 2022 1st, Yamamoto, Barrie
Edmonton in: Kane (50% retained), J. Brown (50% retained)

Ottawa out: Brannstrom, J. Brown (50% retained), T.B.'s 2022 2nd
Ottawa in: Barrie

Chicago get a couple of young players with some upside in Yamamoto and Brannstrom, plus a 2022 1st and a 2022 2nd rd pick

Edmonton get an elite 1st line RW at half his cap hit, plus a bottom pairing RD on an expiring contract

Ottawa get an offensive RD to quarterback their powerplay

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad