Value of: Blackhawks Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
"Doom and gloom"

What is "doom and gloom" about saying Bob is playing amazing and that a rookie is unproven and nobody is going to plan on it working out like that? Its actually a compliment to your team genius.

Vasi for Tampa is like the only goalie since Patrick Roy to have a Cinderella story like that, and Bishop was never considered a great goalie like Bob, nor given a huge long contract. The Cup winning Capitals just tried to do something similar with 1st round pick Samsonov by letting Holtby go after Samsonov looked good in a small sample size. Its not working out like they planned and some 25 year old 2nd round pick is now the Caps starting goalie while Samsonov is the backup. And Samsonov would have gone top 10 in a lot of draft years other than the McDavid year since that was and will likely go down as one of the best draft years of all time due to the top 10 being considered shoe in superstar picks.

Hell, Ottinger is the best Dallas goalie with a bright future. He stole the show last year......and they still went to get Brayden Holtby as another starter because Bishop is injured and Khudobin isn't a starter.

Bob is a 2 time vezina winner playing like a 2 time vezina winner. You saying they plan on getting rid of him because you are an armchair GM and don't like his caphit is asinine and no GM thinks like that. Essentially, you are pinning hopes on a goalie becoming an instant Vasilevsky(Which happens so rarely you can count the amount of times on 1 hand it has happened in the last 30 years) as opposed to the equal chance he becomes Ilya Samsonov or worse.

You're right.
No doom and gloom.
Bob will play out his deal as a 5 time Vezina winner and Knight will beg to leave and be traded to your favorite team.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Edzo coming back to finish what he started 17 years ago...bury MAF's career.

Edzo imo is not qualified for that position. Sure he knows hockey but knowing hockey and running the organization and making decisions with no prior experience in that position is exactly a recipe for disaster.

His closeness to the organization is another reason , he can't come in objectively and do what truly needs to happen.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I heard rumors that Fleury could be dealt to Pittsburgh--how realistic is that?

I wouldn't put much stock into these people putting pie in the sky rumors. MAF isn't going anywhere for the time being maybe trade deadline if Chicago is out of contention. They still need a official GM in place before they make any moves

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Edzo imo is not qualified for that position. Sure he knows hockey but knowing hockey and running the organization and making decisions with no prior experience in that position is exactly a recipe for disaster.

His closeness to the organization is another reason , he can't come in objectively and do what truly needs to happen.

He also wasn't qualified to coach the Pens in 2003. Pens knew they had a historically bad roster and needed someone cheap to weather the storm behind the bench.

He's a nice guy and the Hawks are more concerned right now with PR than their on-ice product. It actually makes some sense to me if they just want a familiar face for the organization to start rebuilding goodwill within the public eye. It would probably be better to name him Team President or some other more figure head position, but I get why they'd be looking at him at this point.

You also have to figure that most, if not all, of the more desirable available GM's wouldn't want their name associated with that franchise right now.

Reactions: Taylorst

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
You're right.
No doom and gloom.
Bob will play out his deal as a 5 time Vezina winner and Knight will beg to leave and be traded to your favorite team.
Lol

Infer what you will. You are the guy banking on some unproven rookie being the next chosen one even though 99% of first round draft pick goalies do not pan out like superstar forwards and plotting how to get rid of a 2 time vezina winner who is playing lights out to crown the kid emperor of the crease.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He also wasn't qualified to coach the Pens in 2003. Pens knew they had a historically bad roster and needed someone cheap to weather the storm behind the bench.

He's a nice guy and the Hawks are more concerned right now with PR than their on-ice product. It actually makes some sense to me if they just want a familiar face for the organization to start rebuilding goodwill within the public eye. It would probably be better to name him Team President or some other more figure head position, but I get why they'd be looking at him at this point.

You also have to figure that most, if not all, of the more desirable available GM's wouldn't want their name associated with that franchise right now.

You make alot of great points. I'm sure the fans will embrace Edzo but the reality after a couple of years of tanking and no tangible progress fans will revolt.

Rocky Wirtz is exactly like his garbage father . I'd love to see someone who truly wants the Blackhawks to be a great competitive organization buy Rocky out.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Just get MAF out of there. Disappointing for a MVP caliber goalie to playing on that disgrace of a franchise after the Beach investigation.

Your online rage without stepping back and looking at the situation which happened 12 years ago , no formal police report filed and just words of a incident.

I'm not defending anyone just laying out reality
The nhl Gary Bettman his agent and the players association have just as much fault .
Chicago when said incident happened it wasn't there responsibility to publicize it to the media for obvious legal reasons of protecting both parties.

Also without any physical evidence other than a statement Chicago only options were to fire him for a different reason because he could literally sue them for unjust firing or retain him and without Kyle filing a police report this incident doesn't go any further than what eventually happened.

So the fake outrage without understanding the law and the teams responsibility is just ridiculous
Imagine being accused at your employment for something so aggrgious by another employee and you get fired without any evidence other than that persons word you could literally sue your employer and win especially if your name was published in every news cast and article.

The only reason it's getting any traction now is because of a incident that happened later on where he was charged.

Remember how many judges or cops or prosecutors let people go who then commit serious crimes .

It happens but the point here is Kyle didn't file or press charges therefore the only thing Chicago could do was to let him go or disprove the allegation. How long it took to remove him isn't relevant

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Everyone with their fake outrage and armchair Quarterback opions need to start using logical thinking.

I'm not saying what happened should be taken lightly

But let's all step back and look at this from a realistic perspective
First this happened 12 years ago any accounting of the facts or situation are sketchy due to a long time lapse

Its not the Blackhawks responsibility to make any public statements at the time of said incident for many reasons , protection of both parties accused and accuser
Also the team has a responsibility to still go on and win games

3rd unless a police report is filed the teams only responsibility at that time would be to either let accused go or disprove allegations

Why didn't Kyle contact the police or his agent or the players association or the nhl ? Those are all serious questions

The team can not arrest Brad ok all they can do is fire him and they would need a legally sound reason to m do so. So saying he did something without any physical evidence only people's words means nothing in a court of law , the team could be sued .

The league handed out its decision if you don't like it well the facts of this situation as tragic as it is this was never going to a court room unless Kyle was willing to press charges period.

Just because some lawyers rights a report that report without any physical evidence of said crime only reports of well he said this means Nothing in the end.
Not going to comment on all your points but you do realize victims of sexual abuse often suffer in silence for years before they tell anyone? In other words, dont blame the victim.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Your online rage without stepping back and looking at the situation which happened 12 years ago , no formal police report filed and just words of a incident.

Far from a rage....Online rage? Thats a new one. #homer

Not going to comment on all your points but you do realize victims of sexual abuse often suffer in silence for years before they tell anyone? In other words, dont blame the victim.

lol, exactly.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
What would Chicago be looking at for Kubalik, Murphy and DeHaan at half retained? Either individually or as some kind of package.

Edit: I forgot about the Maatta retention, I guess retention on the Dmen and Kubalik at full pull.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

I'd except that argument if in fact this was the first time he spoke out and reported it. He told the Hawks management so obviously he had the courage to speak out.

I think this has more to do with him now looking to cash in then it does with just reporting a sexual assault. I'm not saying what happened isn't serious but obviously there is more to the story than just everyone coming out now and giving him a platform to speak on and saying how awful they feel.

The guys own agent why wasn't he informed or if he was why didn't he help guide this kid also the players union failed him. I'm sorry but there is plenty of blame to go around and clearly if Brad had no arrest and conviction after this alleged incident then this kid doesn't have a case to go back and look for his payday. That's really what this ends up becoming more so

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'd except that argument if in fact this was the first time he spoke out and reported it. He told the Hawks management so obviously he had the courage to speak out.

I think this has more to do with him now looking to cash in then it does with just reporting a sexual assault. I'm not saying what happened isn't serious but obviously there is more to the story than just everyone coming out now and giving him a platform to speak on and saying how awful they feel.

The guys own agent why wasn't he informed or if he was why didn't he help guide this kid also the players union failed him. I'm sorry but there is plenty of blame to go around and clearly if Brad had no arrest and conviction after this alleged incident then this kid doesn't have a case to go back and look for his payday. That's really what this ends up becoming more so
I will agree there is LOTS of blame to go around. Coaches, teammates, management, agents, NHLPA, the league...the last person to shoulder any blame is Beach himself though.

He spoke out after the incident. He apparently didn't tell the whole story at first. Not atypical of victims because he was traumatized, humiliated, victimized, worried about his career etc.

Back to my original yelling at the clouds moment, the massively bad PR for hockey right now is due to all the people associated with this that did nothing. It is a stain on the game. Can this league afford the negative publicity that will arise if the Blackhawks, after all this crap, win the lottery? It would be like Beach's courage is all for nothing. The fine means nothing. Losing a draft pick hurts. Punishment should hurt.

thesaadfather

Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
What would Chicago be looking at for Kubalik, Murphy and DeHaan at half retained? Either individually or as some kind of package.

Edit: I forgot about the Maatta retention, I guess retention on the Dmen and Kubalik at full pull.
Murphy just signed an extension. He’s a really good Dman signed to a good contract through his prime years. Him at 50% is probably going to be more significantly more than you want to pay.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I will agree there is LOTS of blame to go around. Coaches, teammates, management, agents, NHLPA, the league...the last person to shoulder any blame is Beach himself though.

He spoke out after the incident. He apparently didn't tell the whole story at first. Not atypical of victims because he was traumatized, humiliated, victimized, worried about his career etc.

Back to my original yelling at the clouds moment, the massively bad PR for hockey right now is due to all the people associated with this that did nothing. It is a stain on the game. Can this league afford the negative publicity that will arise if the Blackhawks, after all this crap, win the lottery? It would be like Beach's courage is all for nothing. The fine means nothing. Losing a draft pick hurts. Punishment should hurt.

Well I'm glad to see you coming around and realizing that there is plenty of blame to go around. The nhl made its decision and imo I think a heftier punishment would open up the nhl to more scrutiny.

Let's be honest here the Hawks and players association and nhl knew well before the press conference/ release of the report and I think stans job was already in jeopardy and this report was the easy out for the Hawks and the league .

Regarding Kyle he obviously reported it that much is clear and we all agree on. What I and many other people find strange or need more qualified answers to , why didn't he call the police his agent the nhl or the players association? The timing imo seems more like a opportunity to seek a payday not to in anyway say he wasn't affected but why now and why not when this all happened follow up and push the issue?

Taking away chicago 1st round pick if that should happen they win the lottery seems a bit uncalled for since this issue is 12 years old and to truly say chicago handled this situation bad , well any good attorney will say since it was and he said with no witnesses or police report at the time or anything on brads record chicago imo took its time to make a personnel decision.

The media and there outrage I dont put any stock into it since many in the media lie or fail to do any honest reporting or follow journalistic standards.

I respect your opinion, I'm just trying to point out some obvious things that everyone should look deeper into

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Kubalik to the leafs for 2022 1st + 2nd and Kerfoot. Would rather keep kerfoot but the cap won't allow for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad