Value of: Blackhawks Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Cap for both teams would be balanced.

CHI adds another younger C/RW player signed into next season. AVs will have 2 experienced Goalies for only this season.

MAF @ 50% - 1 year

for

Compher - 2 years
I think they'd rather have a pick +/or prospect and I'm sure they'd get a pretty good one for MAF at 50%.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
You realize CDH you would be acquiring is not the CDH of 2016-17 ,, Right?

CDH is far from worth a 2nd round pick

i figured his value was around a 3rd/4th but ottawa would need to pay more due to having to make dollars match because of melnyk

and to be honest i was also thinking that his play might be bad due to Collitons coaching

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Price on Hagel or Toews from NYR?

Starting offer for Hagel:

Jones/Robertson/Reunanen+Gauthier+2nd or Kravtsov straight up

Starting offer for Toews:

Chytil+1st+Jones/Robertson/Reunanen for Toews @ 3 million retained

no x 2
prefer our pieces and Toews is too much $ for too long = structural cap prob to be avoided
---------------------------

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
With the goal of clearing out their long term contracts in order to have significant cap space by the summer of 2024, here are a few trade ideas...

Trade #1
To Florida: Kane (50% retained), Lankinen

To Chicago: Hornqvist, Knight

Florida: They land an elite 1st line winger to play alongside Barkov, while also dumping Hornqvist's contract. As much as they may like Knight, can they really justify paying him 5+ million in a couple of years with Bobrovsky's contract on the roster? Lankinen gives them a cheap backup for the rest of the season

Chicago: They get their goalie of the future in Knight

Trade #2
To Ottawa: Toews, Murphy

To Chicago: Brannstrom, J. Brown, Sanford, T.B.'s 2022 2nd

Ottawa: They bring in a veteran C in Toews to captain the rebuild, while Murphy shores up the right side of their D

Chicago: They get a young LD with some upside in Brannstrom, a 2022 2nd rd pick, and clear Murphy's long term contract from their books

Trade #3
To Calgary: Johnson

To Chicago: Monahan, Lucic

Calgary: They pick up a 3C with playoff experience while clearing approx. 6.5 million in cap space. They also make room for Pelletier in their lineup

Chicago: They clear the 3rd year of Johnson's contract, and pick up a couple of overpaid veterans for the fans to boo during home games

Trade #4
To Los Angeles: Kubalik, McCabe

To Chicago: Athanasiou, Moore, Maatta

L.A.: They get an upgrade on the wing in Kubalik, and a veteran LD in McCabe

Chicago: They clear McCabe's long term contract from the books

Trade #5
To Toronto: Strome

To Chicago: 2022 1st, Ritchie

Toronto: They roll the dice on Strome at LW in their top 6, while also dumping Ritchie's contract

Chicago: They add a 2022 1st

Trade #6
To Pittsburgh: Fleury (50% retained)

To Chicago: Rikola, DeSmith

Pittsburgh: They bring Fleury back for what may be his final season

Chicago: They make room for Knight as their starting goalie, while DeSmith gives them a backup for the rest of the season

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
If Kubalik shakes loose, I'd be disappointed if the Oilers weren't around that at least. They'd likely move Yamamoto (somewhere) in such a scenario, but Kubalik looks like a good fit on a playmaker's wing.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
With the goal of clearing out their long term contracts in order to have significant cap space by the summer of 2024, here are a few trade ideas...

Trade #1

Florida: They land an elite 1st line winger to play alongside Barkov, while also dumping Hornqvist's contract. As much as they may like Knight, can they really justify paying him 5+ million in a couple of years with Bobrovsky's contract on the roster? Lankinen gives them a cheap backup for the rest of the season

Trade #2

Ottawa: They bring in a veteran C in Toews to captain the rebuild, while Murphy shores up the right side of their D

Chicago: They get a young LD with some upside in Brannstrom, a 2022 2nd rd pick, and clear Murphy's long term contract from their books

Trade #3

Calgary: They pick up a 3C with playoff experience while clearing approx. 6.5 million in cap space. They also make room for Pelletier in their lineup

Chicago: They clear the 3rd year of Johnson's contract, and pick up a couple of overpaid veterans for the fans to boo during home games

Trade #4

Trade #5

Toronto: They roll the dice on Strome at LW in their top 6, while also dumping Ritchie's contract

Trade #6

Chicago: They make room for Knight as their starting goalie, while DeSmith gives them a backup for the rest of the season

1 - I think Spencer Knight is worth more than that (a fortune), and the Panthers don't have that trust in Bobrovsky yet. Maybe they'll do it later in the year if Bobrovsky looks strong, and if they can get something more back for Knight. Kane @half is great but it's two playoff runs with him, not enough for Knight.

2 - The Hawks are going to have plenty of space in a couple years regardless, it's not a plus for them to dump Murphy, who is well worth his salary. It potentially fixes the two big holes in the Sens lineup, but it is a tough trade for the Sens to make now because you don't know if Toews is still capable of playing or not. He looks bad right now.

3 - The Hawks take on $11.5m of nearly dead cap for two years, what value are they getting back here in exchange? Nothing. This makes no sense. Calgary would have to pay value to clear that much dead cap.

4 - Kubalik holds actual value, and McCabe isn't a terrible contract. What are the Kings giving up besides junk? There's no reason for the Hawks to do this, they can get real value for Kubalik.

5 - I can't imagine the Leafs paying a 1st for Dylan Strome, who would probably look equally useless in Toronto.

6 - Seems fine.

Reactions: Taylorst

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
1 - I think Spencer Knight is worth more than that (a fortune), and the Panthers don't have that trust in Bobrovsky yet. Maybe they'll do it later in the year if Bobrovsky looks strong, and if they can get something more back for Knight. Kane @half is great but it's two playoff runs with him, not enough for Knight.

2 - The Hawks are going to have plenty of space in a couple years regardless, it's not a plus for them to dump Murphy, who is well worth his salary. It potentially fixes the two big holes in the Sens lineup, but it is a tough trade for the Sens to make now because you don't know if Toews is still capable of playing or not. He looks bad right now.

3 - The Hawks take on $11.5m of nearly dead cap for two years, what value are they getting back here in exchange? Nothing. This makes no sense. Calgary would have to pay value to clear that much dead cap.

4 - Kubalik holds actual value, and McCabe isn't a terrible contract. What are the Kings giving up besides junk? There's no reason for the Hawks to do this, they can get real value for Kubalik.

5 - I can't imagine the Leafs paying a 1st for Dylan Strome, who would probably look equally useless in Toronto.

6 - Seems fine.

1. The Panthers are also dumping Hornqvist's contract... that needs to be factored in as well. Moving Knight for Kane is definitely an all-in, win-now move, but they get a major upgrade to their lineup, and Kane could very well re-sign once his contract's up, so it could be for more than 2 playoff runs. If the Panthers move Knight, which team can and will give them a more impactful player than Kane at a 5 million cap hit?

2. It might be best for Toews and the Hawks to part ways at this point given all the recent controversy... any team willing to take on that cap hit should get something for it, which is why Murphy's in the deal

3. Johnson has 3 years remaining, Monahan and Lucic have only 2. So, as I said in my proposal, the Hawks are clearing their long term contracts with the goal of having significant cap space by the summer of 2024. If the Hawks are going to enter a mini-rebuild, I don't see what the big deal is having Monahan and Lucic around for it

4. Again, the goal was to clear the long term contracts, so in order for a team to take on McCabe, Kubalik had to be sacrificed. Maybe Athanasiou, Maatta, or Moore can be flipped at the deadline for an additional asset

5. The Leafs paid a 1st last season for Foligno, so I wouldn't put it past them. Ritchie has been a disaster with just 1 point in 9 games, so I don't think they have much to lose at this point by gambling on a young Toronto native with upside in Strome if it means getting Ritchie's contract off the books

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Trade #1

Trade #2

Trade #3

Trade #4

Trade #5

Trade #6

1. The Panthers are also dumping Hornqvist's contract... that needs to be factored in as well. Moving Knight for Kane is definitely an all-in, win-now move, but they get a major upgrade to their lineup, and Kane could very well re-sign once his contract's up, so it could be for more than 2 playoff runs. If the Panthers move Knight, which team can and will give them a more impactful player than Kane at a 5 million cap hit?

2. It might be best for Toews and the Hawks to part ways at this point given all the recent controversy... any team willing to take on that cap hit should get something for it, which is why Murphy's in the deal

3. Johnson has 3 years remaining, Monahan and Lucic have only 2. So, as I said in my proposal, the Hawks are clearing their long term contracts with the goal of having significant cap space by the summer of 2024. If the Hawks are going to enter a mini-rebuild, I don't see what the big deal is having Monahan and Lucic around for it

4. Again, the goal was to clear the long term contracts, so in order for a team to take on McCabe, Kubalik had to be sacrificed. Maybe Athanasiou, Maatta, or Moore can be flipped at the deadline for an additional asset

5. The Leafs paid a 1st last season for Foligno, so I wouldn't put it past them. Ritchie has been a disaster with just 1 point in 9 games, so I don't think they have much to lose at this point by gambling on a young Toronto native with upside in Strome if it means getting Ritchie's contract off the books

Florida would try and add to their D, not their offense.

And I doubt they move Knight or Lundell in any trade to move Bob. They will ride out Bob until those final 2 years and then pay a 1st or 2nd++ to move him at 50% retention.

I'd move Denisenko + B level LD prospect + Nutivaara for Lindholm right now and then move Hornqvist + Gudas in offseason to pay for Lindholm at $7.5 mil per

Lindholm - Ekblad
Forsling - Weegar

Would be a top 5 defense.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Florida would try and add to their D, not their offense.

And I doubt they move Knight or Lundell in any trade to move Bob. They will ride out Bob until those final 2 years and then pay a 1st or 2nd++ to move him at 50% retention.

I'd move Denisenko + B level LD prospect + Nutivaara for Lindholm right now and then move Hornqvist + Gudas in offseason to pay for Lindholm at $7.5 mil per

Lindholm - Ekblad
Forsling - Weegar

Would be a top 5 defense.

Hampus Lindholm? He's a real top pair D, you're not getting him for Nuti and some B prospects.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

1 - I like the general idea of the trade, but Knight is too valuable to go in an all-in trade. The Hawks need to pay more.

2 - I agree from Chicago's end. The big problem for the Sens is they don't know if Toews can play at a top 6 level.

3 - Johnson can at least still skate. Yeah the Hawks are going to be more accepting of short term dumps, but Calgary still has to pay a lot for the privilege of dumping that much dead cap.

4 - The cost of dumping McCabe is small and the value of Athanasiou, Maatta, and Moore is approximately zero. They'll get more value than that for Kubalik.

5 - Foligno was the ultimate playoff style rental, who unfortunately got injured before the playoffs. Dylan Strome is like the opposite of Nick Foligno, a big loafy soft player that doesn't fill a role.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
That's what Scott powers mentioned. The money would need to be worked out
Edmonton will make a move for a goalie and MAF would be ideal.
For me the first guy would be Gibson but doesn't appear he wants out as earlier said.

Reactions: Taylorst

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Somehow I doubt the Kings are going to trade for Kubalik. They traded him to Chicago because he refused to sign with the Kings.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Edmonton will make a move for a goalie and MAF would be ideal.
For me the first guy would be Gibson but doesn't appear he wants out as earlier said.

What is obvious to anyone looking at chicago from a realistic perspective. With most of the front office terminated and a acting GM in place , if any moves are made it would be either in consultation with rocky and Danny Wirtz or nothing happens until chicago officially hires and announces a new GM.

Jc isn't going anywhere just yet. With all the attention on the scandal I think Chicago in some way would prefer to keep JC and go for a high draft pick and full rebuild . Maybe the trade deadline its a firesale in Chicago.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
1 - I like the general idea of the trade, but Knight is too valuable to go in an all-in trade. The Hawks need to pay more.

2 - I agree from Chicago's end. The big problem for the Sens is they don't know if Toews can play at a top 6 level.

3 - Johnson can at least still skate. Yeah the Hawks are going to be more accepting of short term dumps, but Calgary still has to pay a lot for the privilege of dumping that much dead cap.

4 - The cost of dumping McCabe is small and the value of Athanasiou, Maatta, and Moore is approximately zero. They'll get more value than that for Kubalik.

5 - Foligno was the ultimate playoff style rental, who unfortunately got injured before the playoffs. Dylan Strome is like the opposite of Nick Foligno, a big loafy soft player that doesn't fill a role.

1. Again, which team can and will beat that offer for Knight? What does that deal look like?

2. Ottawa doesn't need Toews to play in their top 6, it's more about bringing in a respected veteran to captain the rebuild

3. IMO, Johnson is the biggest cap dump of the 3, which is why I don't think Calgary should to "pay a lot for the privilege of dumping that much dead cap". Johnson has no value to Chicago if they're entering a mini-rebuild, so they may as well get out from under the final year of his contract

4. Name the team who's willing to take on McCabe's contract for something "small"

5. Foligno had 16 points in 42 games for Columbus at the time of the trade. The Leafs should never have been willing to give up a 1st for a 33 year old with that level production

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He's usually ranked among the top 30ish prospects the last 12-24 months.
I'd say that's still A level.

What's Lindholm's value in your opinion?

I didn't realize Lindholm was a UFA, so that makes it closer to the value you suggested.

If I'm Anaheim though I'm still not going to bite on Denisenko in particular, just my personal opinion on that prospect. I'd want a 1st+.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jc isn't going anywhere just yet. With all the attention on the scandal I think Chicago in some way would prefer to keep JC and go for a high draft pick and full rebuild . Maybe the trade deadline its a firesale in Chicago.

Yeah about that...

As a Jackets fan I'm fully supportive of the Hawks going for a high draft pick / rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad