Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] G Kevin Lankinen signs with the Canucks (1 year, $875k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Good move. I’m not as confident in Silovs as some. He played better in the playoffs than expected but his save percentage was still .881 in a small sample size.
Demko needs to play a lot less games this year as his workload has been crazy.
Acquiring Laniken allows them to do that.
Yeah like Silovs played extremely well against Nashville, but against the Oilers, I think he was overrated. Silovs had a poor game 1 and if the Oilers didnt' completely turtle, the Nucks would have lost. Silovs was not bad in game 2, but far from good either. Silovs definitely had an excellent game 3, no doubt there. Silovs was fine in game 4. Silovs had a great game 5, and a less than stellar game 6. After playing spectacular in game 7 initially, he came down to earth.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Likely why he chose the Canucks and on only a one year term. Opportunity for him to have a big year and get a really good dollar as a UFA July 2025.
And…in the Pacific you have only three teams to go through to get a shot at the Cup. Especially if you are playing for one of those teams.
One team is the winner of the Central. The other ones, in this case, are Vegas and Edmonton.
With any luck they meat each other and you have only two really difficult opponents.
I‘m not saying that LA or a possible wild card team out of Central couldn‘t surprise someone.
But just ask Leafs about their possible opponents to get to ….heck, out of the first round.

So, a good team, a good path in the playoffs and the possibility to showcase for a better contract.
Take one step back and maybe 3-4 steps forward…on top of that I have read somewhere that Vancouver isn‘t in the top 20 of the ugliest places to play in the NHL.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Interesting. Where does Lankinen land if Demko is fine?
Lankonen would land as Demko’s backup. But even when Demko is back his games played will be managed. So Lankonin will play a lot. Maybe 30-40 starts, even if Demko is healthy.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
My preference would be for the Canucks to carry 3 goalies this year.

Tolopilo and Peterra in the AHL.

Have Lankinen and Silovs start the season until Demko is back. Once Demko is back just ease him in. From everything I’ve read about Demko part of his problem is over training in practice as well. Having 3 goalies would allow for him to get extra rest.

Most would agree this is a playoff team even without Demko, they need him for the playoffs. I would love for him to be right around 35-40 games this year.

Lankinen around 30 games and Silovs around 20 but can also shuffle down and get some AHL games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad