Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
:oops:

1675102485485.png

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't think he's sensitive tbh

He's taken the most heat out of anyone of the big 4 from the media and seems to be the only top player who will get demoted a lot. In spite of that, he takes it on the chin and keeps producing, especially come playoff time
Well put, was going to say something similar. If any one of our stars is overly sensitive, I'd say it's Marner without question. Nylander on the other hand is cold as ice, I almost wonder if he feels anything at all.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hope my boi is having a well deserved break and comes back to tear it up even more. Love ya Bill!

Well put, was going to say something similar. If any one of our stars is overly sensitive, I'd say it's Marner without question. Nylander on the other hand is cold as ice, I almost wonder if he feels anything at all.

Poor guy said he wasn't even aware of the huge social media campaign to get him to the asg. He doesn't give a duck, in a good way

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
3 main playoff guys need to be matthews Tavares and NYLANDER to end the slump.

Stop featuring marner and running it through him. He's no.4 in spring.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

'Pissed off' Nylander takes rare retaliation penalty; Keefe: 'I kind of like it'​

William Nylander took a roughing penalty for retaliating following a check by Nick Blankenburg on Saturday. "I shot the puck and then a couple seconds later he tried to hit me so I just felt pissed off," the winger explained. It was Nylander's seventh penalty of the season. "When is the last time you saw Willy Nylander retaliate or something like that," coach Sheldon Keefe said. "I kind of like it, to be honest. If they want to take runs at him every now and again, he is going to make the other team aware of it."​

Yeah, I thought that was a display of emotion you don't see very often at all.
Perhaps the first step towards dropping the gloves? Okay, okay you're right that isn't happening.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

'Pissed off' Nylander takes rare retaliation penalty; Keefe: 'I kind of like it'​

William Nylander took a roughing penalty for retaliating following a check by Nick Blankenburg on Saturday. "I shot the puck and then a couple seconds later he tried to hit me so I just felt pissed off," the winger explained. It was Nylander's seventh penalty of the season. "When is the last time you saw Willy Nylander retaliate or something like that," coach Sheldon Keefe said. "I kind of like it, to be honest. If they want to take runs at him every now and again, he is going to make the other team aware of it."​

Perhaps the first step towards dropping the gloves? Okay, okay you're right that isn't happening.
Good that Keefe likes it. Better if he lit a fire under Matthews, he's the one that really needs to show his teeth every now and then.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Now let's see him not pull up and put Sergachev or Hedman through the boards.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I love the fire, no problem with the penalty. But all I ask is next time this happens, make sure to run up the score on ol' Blankencheeseburger and CBJ even more. Nylander looked like he was ready to pop off for a hat trick before that incident and it all kind of got sidetracked afterwards.

No problem with the retaliation. Would love to see Matthews with the same fire as well.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I love the fire, no problem with the penalty. But all I ask is next time this happens, make sure to run up the score on ol' Blankencheeseburger and CBJ even more. Nylander looked like he was ready to pop off for a hat trick before that incident and it all kind of got sidetracked afterwards.

No problem with the retaliation. Would love to see Matthews with the same fire as well.
Maybe I'm wrong but when you see the replay of the Nylander penalty from this angle, how much contact does he make with him?

It kind of looks like Blankenburg might have sold it with the way he falls down after Nylander made contact with him. Maybe Tampa see's that and will try and trade for him, because they were great at faking penalties in Game 6 when it looked like they were about to get eliminated.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe I'm wrong but when you see the replay of the Nylander penalty from this angle, how much contact does he make with him?

It kind of looks like Blankenburg might have sold it with the way he falls down after Nylander made contact with him. Maybe Tampa see's that and will try and trade for him, because they were great at faking penalties in Game 6 when it looked like they were about to get eliminated.

Blankenburg definitely sold it, but Nylander looks to be fairly inexperienced with this kind of retaliation and probably didn't know how to conceal it.

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
If it comes down to Willy at 9-9.5 x 8 or Matthews at 14-15 x 8 then see ya Auston. But hopefully we can keep them both and Mitch too. Tavares can take a 50% haircut or GTFO.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
$2.5m plus possible additional $2.5 based on performance bonuses, not guaranteed
He makes the other 2.5m by playing 10 games. It's essentially guaranteed. It's just a loophole to steal some cap from next year and use it this year.
And Tavares won't even be able to do that, because he won't be 35 or eligible for performance bonuses yet.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Link to video of Matthews, Engvall, and Keefe talking about Nylander's roughing penalty and saying 'It shows intensity' and 'A little more breathing room.'

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Link to video of Matthews, Engvall, and Keefe talking about Nylander's roughing penalty and saying 'It shows intensity' and 'A little more breathing room.'

Marner needs to get a clue and follow Nylanders lead here.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

I was screaming this at the game. He dropped like a soccer player.

Refs wouldn't listen tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad