Bill the Thrill: Nylander appreciation thread

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
One things that’s clearly evident is this guy is almost perfectly built for big markets.

We’ve seen original 6 markets take players in and destroy them due to the pressure to perform, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Dach, Kravstov, laf, kakko, etc…

This dude didn’t let 2018-19 phase him, he came back better than ever

He’s amazing at blocking out the noise
Yes if there was an award for not showing you emotions on the ice (or off for that matter), he'd have a closet full by now.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
7shots on goal, most on the team. I dont want him to shoot less but Matthews to shoot more. 1 shot from Matthews 0 from Marner(5 a with two snipers on his line, so not a complain, you who are Marniacs, just an observation, he was fantastic).

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
The thought of what those negotiations might look like scares the crap out of me. Having a great year though, amazing stuff. Haven't even heard anyone complain about his playoffs flyby's in a very long time, he seems to be winning over even his biggest detractors. :)
As a Lightning fan and a Leaf fan - Nylander was the only player who actually showed up in the playoffs.

horner

May 22, 2007
Would be really funny to see all three of him Marner and Matthews hit 100 points this season. Matthews needs to go on a tear to reach that but I am confident him and Marner can do it with one hot streak.
Mathews no

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Stick check strength to shoulder strength to leg strength display in Span of 2 seconds.

Hockey schools will use that clip to teach kids how to play strong.

Bet they 5th string him in playoffs though for some xGF > goals

Reactions: Sundinisagod

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Underrated value for the Leafs. Hope he can keep it up into the playoffs.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Underrated value for the Leafs. Hope he can keep it up into the playoffs.
Not sure if under rated but definitely an unfactored element when people access this year vs last. He went from a run of the mill top 6 winger to a bona-fide star. This team is better by a lot and Willy is not a small factor.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Not sure if under rated but definitely an unfactored element when people access this year vs last. He went from a run of the mill top 6 winger to a bona-fide star. This team is better by a lot and Willy is not a small factor.
I just think he got more value to the team then many think. Many none Leaf fans got no clue.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
He’s always been better than run of the mill top 6 winger. It’s more that he’s jumped from 1st line winger to star player.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
He’s always been better than run of the mill top 6 winger. It’s more that he’s jumped from 1st line winger to star player.
He had his best year last year and was 31st in scoring among forwards. If you think that, fine but i could have probably named more than 10 right wingers who were better than him last year on balance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad