Bill the Thrill: Nylander appreciation thread

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The question is , is Mitch having a great season compared to his other seasons or just a normal Mitch season? If it is a great season , then Nylanders season is fantastic.

Mitch should always be better then Nylander, by a lot. Not just 3points.(I know he pks, it does not make up for it).
I still think Nylander will cool down here at the end of the season and Mitch heat up and the gap will be larger. But right now i am amazed that Nylander is that close to the top players (pointwise).

But Mitch and Nylander being close in points is just a blessing, more concerned about Matthews. Depth guys realy need to step up this playoff to compensate i belive.
I'm not surprised at how well Willy is doing.

I'm more surprised (and worried) about Matthews.

They are easily our three best players (not counting Sammy), and with two playing together, those two should be well ahead (as they were last year).

Except for Mitch's PK, I don't think there has been much separating them, other than their linemates.

Reactions: ZEBROA and Altair

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Last night was another huge positive for Nylander. Looking more and more like a guy that can carry lines. Gives Keefe a lot of flexibility come playoff time.

Reactions: Altair and ACC1224

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Last night was another huge positive for Nylander. Looking more and more like a guy that can carry lines. Gives Keefe a lot of flexibility come playoff time.

That might not be a good sign when it comes to negotiating with his camp.

Doesn't matter how well he plays, he's always going to be their 3rd. option.

Hopefully, he loves Toronto.

studebaker17

Jan 24, 2010
The question is , is Mitch having a great season compared to his other seasons or just a normal Mitch season? If it is a great season , then Nylanders season is fantastic.

Mitch should always be better then Nylander, by a lot. Not just 3points.(I know he pks, it does not make up for it).
I still think Nylander will cool down here at the end of the season and Mitch heat up and the gap will be larger. But right now i am amazed that Nylander is that close to the top players (pointwise).

But Mitch and Nylander being close in points is just a blessing, more concerned about Matthews. Depth guys realy need to step up this playoff to compensate i belive.
Marners been ramping up for the last couple months but before that he was off his normal pace by quite a bit. I figured out his points per 60 not including pk when he was at 55 points both him and Mathews year before pace was an extra 10 to 12 points which would of put Marner top 5 in scoring if i remember right. Marner was consistant all year but not piling in multy point games . For a while now he's been doing that again That's despite Mathews being pretty pedestrian .

Reactions: ZEBROA

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
BUMP

Congratulations to Willy on a career high 35 goals. Here is to many more this season. Willy may hit 40+ goals this season.

Absolute STUD!!!

It's pretty much Drai - Pasta - Nylander from 2014 1st Round. He was an excellent selection and if he started earlier like he really should of, he may have been a bit better. I like his 2022/2023 game a lot.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It is almost as if he's discovering what he is capable of.

Slow learner, or getting over the perceived limitations put on him by others?
Maybe a bit of this and a bit of that? And maybe it just takes time as well, Marner's a better player today than he was two years ago, much better even so it took some time for him as well to reach peak (or at least close to peak I assume).

I'm excited to see what these guys can do in the playoffs, and I'm also terrified about what Nylanders contract negotiations might be like. And more terrified of the possibility that the team flops in the playoffs, AND Nylander wants 10+ million. Oh well, put those thoughts on the back burner for now I guess.

Last edited:

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Maybe a bit of this and a bit of that? And maybe it just takes time as well, Marner's a better player today than he was two years ago, much better even so it took some time for his as well.

I'm excited to see what these guys can do in the playoffs, and I'm also terrified about what Nylanders contract negotiations might be like. And more terrified of the possibility that the team flops in the playoffs, AND Nylander wants 10+ million. Oh well, put those thoughts on the back burner for now I guess.
Nylanders number is a 10 starting easy

Reactions: Sundinisagod

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

He's been exceptional no doubt but he still has the moments in games when he checks out.
I witnessed it a couple times on Saturday.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
1678816320739.png

Minimum 25 games played.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

I think it's more that things came too easily for him pre nhl. His skill allowed him to get away with using less effort and grit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad