Value of: Best Goalie Available - EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
If I were Edmonton, I would be inquiring about Craig Anderson in Buffalo.

He's 6-3 this season with a .916 sv% on a buffalo team that bleeds high quality chances.

He's not durable enough to be the guy, but probably could get you several wins in a 1B role to help with the playoff push.

And his contract is league minimum, so even without retention, he'd be affordable (adding a retention slot this deadline is going to raise the price of any player imo).

His age and health would be a gamble, but if healthy he is playing night and day better than anything Edmonton currently has.

That would be such a Ken Holland move

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
A home run for the Rangers? Georgiev is probably worth a 2nd. Koskinen is a negative value cap dump that the Rangers take back to facilitate the deal which I think is worth a B prospect who will probably never have a meaningful NHL career. A 2nd rounder and a mediocre prospect isn’t question marks for the Rangers? I actually feel like this is a fair deal. If I’m only getting a mid round pick for Georgiev then I’d rather hang onto him for insurance.

Varlamov is the better fit but I’m guessing the NYI will ask for a 1st plus... especially if you plan to dump a contract on them or ask them to retain. The question is what Edmonton wants to pay. It sounds like they have no intention of trading a 1st or high end prospect.

The Oilers aren't giving up a 2nd and a prospect for a worse goalie than Koskinen.

d725c2eb52d453da554565258233a927.png

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Yeah, and I was agreeing. I'd trade a prospect like Savoie + a pick for MAF @50%. Holland might not, or maybe Davidson doesn't, but I do. At some point this team has to take a real permanent step forward.

This is untrue. Every hockey insider has stated Holland has been asking about goaltenders this season. He tried to acquire a few last off season as well but failed to outbid Calgary on Markstrom, or better the Avs on Kuemper or get Grubauer before Seattle. So when you say he hasn't been interested and then follow up with they've obviously reached out... well it is clear that Holland wants to upgrade his goaltending and knew it was going to be a problem but just couldn't get it done. So far he has continued to not get it done.

Will he land someone? I sure hope so and not for Holloway or someone equally devastating to lose for the organization.
Literally with markstrom it was holland not wanting to give him an extra year. Markstrom wanted to come here over cgy and even waited for holland to think about it but he f***ed it up.

Reactions: TFHockey

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If Holland added Holloway to 1st Barrie Koskinen that may be enough ? maybe Hawks add Kubalik and Oilers add a pick
Jesus no. That's way too much. It doesn't make sense anyway. Chicago doesn't need Barrie but he's not a cap dump so it would be hard to agree on his value.

The Red Deer Rebels fan in me would love to see Brandon Hagel come to Edmonton but I don't know how to get there. Koskinen, 1st and 2nd for Fleury and Hagel would be interesting but Hawks fans probably think Fleury is worth more than I do.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Literally with markstrom it was holland not wanting to give him an extra year. Markstrom wanted to come here over cgy and even waited for holland to think about it but he f***ed it up.

This is not the rumour I have heard.

He wanted to play in Calgary to play with all their Swedish players and his bff Lindholm.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Jesus no. That's way too much. It doesn't make sense anyway. Chicago doesn't need Barrie but he's not a cap dump so it would be hard to agree on his value.

The Red Deer Rebels fan in me would love to see Brandon Hagel come to Edmonton but I don't know how to get there. Koskinen, 1st and 2nd for Fleury and Hagel would be interesting but Hawks fans probably think Fleury is worth more than I do.
EDM needs cap in/cap out trades.
Barrie+ Koskinen is 9m in cap
Fleury+ Murphy is 10.85m in cap

Without equal cap going out, EDM can’t afford cap coming in so they’d still need to add 1.85m in that trade scenario or lose it some other way.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Can you post a link to back this up? I follow Oilers news really closely and its the first I have heard about it.
You didn't hear it because it isn't true. Holland F'ed up your blue line, but Markstrom chose Calgary for less money because him and Lindholm are BFFs.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I don't know if the right solution is out there for a goalie in Edmonton and the position is such a crap shoot honestly outside of about 10 guys who aren't available. Oilers are better off going after a top 4 defenseman who can defend and demanding a certain center stop flying the zone early. That'll help the GA column more than getting a "maybe good" type of goalie.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Can you post a link to back this up? I follow Oilers news really closely and its the first I have heard about it.
so from what ive found oilers offered 7x5m then flames offered 6x6m and the oilers countered with 5x6m but thats it. thats all i can find in my 10min look but i just remember that markstrom wanted to sign with the oilers case of drai and mcdavid but because calgary offered the one year extra that he took that instead. i cant see why edm wouldnt go to something like 5.5m over 7yrs but again from what i remember holland wanted to stay at 5m because he wanted to sign other players because he knew klef was going to be out long term and that he would still have kosk on the books for 2 more years at 4.5 and he still needed to sign others as well. its how we ended up with barrie too. and to think if we offered a bit more we wouldve had a starter

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
This is not the rumour I have heard.

He wanted to play in Calgary to play with all their Swedish players and his bff Lindholm.
and what i heard is that he wanted to play specifically on the team with mcdavid, but its all hearsay imo. for all i know what i heard was wrong

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
What good assets do the Oilers have an abundance of? I don’t see anything but picks unless you’re willing to trade one of McDrai for a solid G and top 4 D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad