Confirmed with Link: Bertuzzi traded to Boston for 2024 1st & 2025 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Sounds like we would have lost him for nothing otherwise.

Option A: nothing
Option B: 1st rounder + 4th rounder

Which do you choose?
Don't forget option C: Give him the long term deal he wants while using his 2021-22 outlier season as the baseline for the AAV in said long term deal!

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Very underwhelmed at the return
He has not produced this season due to injuries, at least not to what we had come to expect, and clearly was not going to resign. It's a win, right now we are stacked with two 1st round picks for the next two seasons, and we may not be done yet. I like the move, it's another one made with the future in mind, this team needs more talent, as we have all can see. Seems like a viable manner in which to do so.

Boston is going to be such a bad team in the near future. I’m confident that Yzerman hand picked next year’s first
I thought that this year, and looked how that turned out. I'll count them out when I see it.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Wonder if Larkin knew all this was going to be happening when he signed on the bottom line yesterday, lol

You'll never convince me that him getting 8.7M after Yzerman fought for 8 wasn't driven a bit by "we're gonna trade Tyler, so we're gonna acquiesce to your demands a little bit.

Reactions: Winger98

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
From Bruins perspective I totally get why they'd trade for Bertuzzi.

From a me perspective, I threw up in my mouth a little when I read he was going to the Bruins.

This move makes sense assuming the Wings weren't going to re-sign him, but when the dude was healthy he was great for the Wings. They just took a step back in the grit department.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
You'll never convince me that him getting 8.7M after Yzerman fought for 8 wasn't driven a bit by "we're gonna trade Tyler, so we're gonna acquiesce to your demands a little bit.
Yeah I think the Bertuzzi deal almost everyone could see coming though, the Hronek deal was more out of left field and I'm sure Larkin could have never seen that coming.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
How about when he wins a puck battle in front of the net in OT for the game winning goal?

I would feel shame. I can see both happening with Bertuzzi. I don’t hate the guy but I never thought he was a core player.

I’m mostly indifferent to this trade. I’d love if Yzerman could trade that 1st for a solid 2nd pair RHD in the off-season.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Tough to see him go.
Always respected his game and the way he has carved out a good career, despite the fact he doesn’t have the flashy offensive skill set or above average speed.

Dude just had great hockey IQ. Always plays hard and was a demon at winning pucks on the forecheck. Was a true heart and soul top line player for a bad team.
On the plus side… can’t wait to see him finally compete in the playoffs. His game will be perfect for that .

Best of luck to him.

With Rasmussen now out. And the subsequent trades of Bertuzzi and Hronek…. There goes a lot of this teams character/heart. Expect a lot more Ottawa type games down the stretch.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
He has done good things in the past.

This year he has 4 goals in the 29 games he has played. We made it into wild card position without him. I'm over him.

If Vrana gets back into form (BIG "IF") then we won't even miss Bert.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
So he is a rental for a few months with a chance for a cup? He's still most likely a free agent end of the year and someone we can reacquire should Yzerman so wish...might have picked up a 2024 1st for a loaner to Boston...

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Yeah I think the Bertuzzi deal almost everyone could see coming though, the Hronek deal was more out of left field and I'm sure Larkin could have never seen that coming.

Right, I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Yzerman slid up 500-700k per. Like "Yeah, I'm trading your buddy and that sucks, but how about this, we bump you up another 4-5M in total (while still being within the budget of what we were good paying you anyway, but you don't gotta know that)

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Maybe the Bruins will just win the cup, and Marchand, Bergeron, and Krejci will all ride off into the sunset. Next year's 1st will be then be absolute fire, and if protected, the the 2025 one will be even better lol.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Tough to see him go.
Always respected his game and the way he has carved out a good career, despite the fact he doesn’t have the flashy offensive skill set or above average speed.

Dude just had great hockey IQ. Always plays hard and was a demon at winning pucks on the forecheck. Was a true heart and soul top line player for a bad team.
On the plus side… can’t wait to see him finally compete in the playoffs. His game will be perfect for that .

Best of luck to him.

With Rasmussen now out. And the subsequent trades of Bertuzzi and Hronek…. There goes a lot of this teams character/heart. Expect a lot more Ottawa type games down the stretch.

Eh.. Bert had heart yeah, but Hronek? Hronek was a good player, but he didn't strike me as a rah rah guy.

They're not going to magically be better without these guys, but it's not gonna do anything nutty to tank them either. Because really, Bert wasn't here most of the year and Rasmussen will be back. Bring up Erne and Ed and they're probably gonna be just as mid as they've been most of the year.

Reactions: Perfect Human

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad