Confirmed with Link: Bertuzzi traded to Boston for 2024 1st & 2025 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
If Boston is in the bottom 10 next year they will be even worse in 2025. So this is a win for sure.

yeah I don't think Boston will be anywhere close to bottom 10 next year but if they are it seems pretty unlikely that they wouldn't also be bad in 2025

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
yeah I don't think Boston will be anywhere close to bottom 10 next year but if they are it seems pretty unlikely that they wouldn't also be bad in 2025
Yeah, if it’s a pick in the late teens which is likely if Bergeron/Krecji are done, it’s solid. If the condition is met, then the 2025 pick will be even better. I hope it is - the pipe dream of adding a kid like Misa to what should be a competitive roster by 2025-2026 is enticing.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't know who would have a problem with this. The Wings aren't going anywhere this spring, Bertuzzi wasn't going to be here next year, simple logic at work here. Obviously other teams know this, too, so that's limiting the return significantly. And let's be real here, Bertuzzi is a nice piece if you already have a few other pieces, but he's not going to drive the bus for anyone.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Coming in peace.

Can we get a scouting report for the Bruins Board?
Plays both ends well enough but a bit overrated in the defensive zone...can play on any of your 4 lines though easily. Better skater than he was early in his career, extremely physical, first guy in and last guy out of every scrum. Teammates love him. Effective on the PP, capable of scoring goals but note that last year was the outlier, not the norm for his career.

Think he's a great addition for your cup run but I don't think ANYONE should give him anything more than 2 years after that. He can't stay healthy and his injury problems will only get worse as he gets older. He's healthy now though so no worries at the moment.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Awesome!!!!! Nice job Yzerman. We should have done this 2 or 3 years ago when he would have returned a kings ransom but this is great for the current situation.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Sounds like we would have lost him for nothing otherwise.

Option A: nothing
Option B: 1st rounder + 4th rounder

Which do you choose?
Clearly option B. But I thought there would be a better return is all I’m saying. I am underwhelmed at the return he brought us, he was our best winger. That’s all, not saying we should have kept him to let him walk for nothing, not even saying to re-sign him, just thought the return would be better and surprised it wasn’t

LeftWingLocked

Feb 24, 2018
Don’t care they traded Bertuzzi because he barely plays but we seem to be in the same spot every year. Is this team even getting better?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Bert got a bigger return than Taylor Hall did two years ago. People are crazy for thinking this is an underwhelming return.

Exactly. The 1st is delayed gratification but is Boston going to be this good next year with Krejci and Bergeron looking to retire?

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Don’t care they traded Bertuzzi because he barely plays but we seem to be in the same spot every year. Is this team even getting better?
Roster 2018
8 Justin Abdelkader
72 Andreas Athanasiou
45 Jonathan Bernier
59 Tyler Bertuzzi
74 Madison Bowey
84 Jake Chelios
21 Dennis Cholowski
83 Trevor Daley
61 Jacob de La Rose
65 Danny DeKeyser
70 Christoffer Ehn
52 Jonathan Ericsson
42 Martin Frk
36 Kaden Fulcher
41 Luke Glendening
25 Mike Green
43 Darren Helm
2 Joe Hicketts
53 Taro Hirose
35 Jimmy Howard
17 Filip Hronek
3 Nick Jensen
55 Niklas Kronwall
56 Ryan Kuffner
71 Dylan Larkin
32 Brian Lashoff
39 Anthony Mantha
20 Dylan McIlrath
22 Wade Megan
51 Frans Nielsen
14 Gustav Nyquist
54 Matt Puempel
27 Michael Rasmussen
47 Libor Sulak
23 Dominic Turgeon
26 Thomas Vanek
28 Luke Witkowski
11 Filip Zadina

Top Prospects 2018

Joe Veleno
Filip Zadina
Jared McIsaac
Dennis Cholowski
Filip Larsson
Jonatan Berggren
Taro Hirose
Yevgeni Svechnikov
Axel Holmström
Michael Rasmussen

Roster 2022

52 Jonatan Berggren
59 Tyler Bertuzzi
8 Ben Chiarot
18 Andrew Copp
14 Robby Fabbri
38 Robert Hagg
39-45 Magnus Hellberg
17 Filip Hronek
35 Ville Husso
81 Dominik Kubalik
71 Dylan Larkin
28 Gustav Lindstrom
2 Olli Maatta
57 David Perron
27 Michael Rasmussen
23 Lucas Raymond
53 Moritz Seider
70 Oskar Sundqvist
24 Pius Suter
90 Joe Veleno
15 Jakub Vrana
96 Jake Walman
11 Filip Zadina

Top Prospects 2022

Simon Edvinsson
Marco Kasper
Albert Johansson
William Wallinder
Carter Mazur
Sebastian Cossa
Cross Hanas
Dmitri Buchelnikov
Jared McIsaac
Donovan Sebrango

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I am glad for Bertuzzi. A playoff performer going to a playoff contender with a great chance to host the cup.

Solid return considering his history the past few years.

I’m going to laugh when he coughs up the puck and costs Boston a game though.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Clearly option B. But I thought there would be a better return is all I’m saying. I am underwhelmed at the return he brought us, he was our best winger. That’s all, not saying we should have kept him to let him walk for nothing, not even saying to re-sign him, just thought the return would be better and surprised it wasn’t

he's had a rough year between missing games and not being very good most of the time when he was around so that probably hasn't helped

overall the Wings kinda got unlucky on the timing since when he had the most value his value was depressed by that whole Canada thing, i'd say a 1st is a decent return at this point

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
The Hronek trade signaled Detroit's rebuild will be centered around Seider and Raymond. All the draft value and young talent Yzerman has been building will give us the leverage to make big moves when the East settles down and our time to rise is right. I expect to see Larkin lift a cup in 5-6 years. Hate seeing Tuzzi go and wish him the best - he had bad timing for our window and the talent in coming years.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
31st pick in the draft and I’m happy with it.

No. It's probably gonna be better than that. It's a 2024 1st. Boston is going all in now because they're facing some real rough times coming up with the cap. It's very possible this could be a mid first next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad