Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Are there good examples establishing this pattern? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just unfamiliar with Canucks management trials and tribulations, so I'm curious.

Hmm that's actually kind of tricky, most of it was done in the earlier years when he was getting rid of Gillis players, and easy up when it became more his team and Boeser/Pettersson/Hughes were giving him job security. And it was all pretty vague stuff just like this "locker room cancer" we're talking about now, I may remember it 5-8 years from now but ask me to dig it up and that's harder to do.

Off the top of my head though, Kassian was a glaring example. Nick Bonino when he got traded for Sutter there were hints that they weren't happy with his playoff performance. When Adam Clendening was part of said Bonino/Sutter deal, even though the team just traded Gustav Forsling for him a few months ago it was added in that they didn't think Clendening had 'NHL speed/skating'. Actually a good direct example of Jim Benning from his Boston days, there's a behind the scenes video on the Tyler Seguin trade where Benning says something like 'we'll miss his speed... in the regular season'.

There should be a bunch more of these things but they're all vague little quips/rumours/reports from the media that's hard to dig up years later.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Hmm that's actually kind of tricky, most of it was done in the earlier years when he was getting rid of Gillis players, and easy up when it became more his team and Boeser/Pettersson/Hughes were giving him job security. And it was all pretty vague stuff just like this "locker room cancer" we're talking about now, I may remember it 5-8 years from now but ask me to dig it up and that's harder to do.

Off the top of my head though, Kassian was a glaring example. Nick Bonino when he got traded for Sutter there were hints that they weren't happy with his playoff performance. When Adam Clendening was part of said Bonino/Sutter deal, even though the team just traded Gustav Forsling for him a few months ago it was added in that they didn't think Clendening had 'NHL speed/skating'. Actually a good direct example of Jim Benning from his Boston days, there's a behind the scenes video on the Tyler Seguin trade where Benning says something like 'we'll miss his speed... in the regular season'.

There should be a bunch more of these things but they're all vague little quips/rumours/reports from the media that's hard to dig up years later.

Again, not saying you're wrong, but that's a very specific claim you're making and none of that sounds like he's trashing players being moved out - especially not in such a way that it drives down their value prior to a trade.

It could be true - I'm sure that's happened - I'm just not aware of such a specific thing being anybody's modus operandi. Please let me know if you recall examples of what you were talking about originally.

johnsic

Nov 12, 2009
JT Miller for Evander Kane. Trade two lockerroom cancers and see if anything changes.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
wednesday-addams-be-afraid-be-very-afraid.gif

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Vancouvers organization is so incomprehensibly inept. Stinks of Chiarelli signing Koskinen.

On paper they have great F depth, the D is weak sure (thanks to Benning), but they have Demko who is a great goalie. They need to bring in a new GM and let him hire his coach. Give that a go before panic trading a quality player.

Benning has had 8 years and everytime I hear him speak im convinced he has no clue what he's doing.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Only green light Benning should be getting,is one on the way to the airport.
This idiot should not be allowed to make any trades period...

I LOL that is correct. take away his phone and tie him to the chair or drive him to the airport for sure. No more deals for benning

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Miller for Rust - a free agent to be, older than Miller, with 1 good offensive season - wow where do I sign up
Zucker and ZAR - Miller out produces both - combined but has a far better contract
Guentzal, more expensive, not as productive so Canucks add?

I don't see a single combination that you've proposed that makes any sense to the Canucks.

Maybe because he actually is more productive, you know Miller has never scored or paced for 40 goals in his life. Jakes playoffs are better, and to top it all off...he's also signed to one more season than Miller. You may want to look at games played and not point total lines.

Really, you should be running away laughing at the deal.

When do guys who score 40 goals or pace for it, near a point per game, cost 6.0?

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Miller for your top4 RHD, and a pick depending on how good he is

there really shouldnt be anything else in consideration

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Imagine trying to fix chemistry after spending all this time building the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad