Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
These kind of random mandate missions for GM's can be scary as a fan, but it really just boils down to how can the Canucks fix Pettersson doesn't it?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
they are at a cross roads. Chicago is winning games, so it is possible for the Canucks as well. I hear that last game vs the Canucks was actually very good, despite the loss.

However, as an Oiler fan I have seen several times the damage of what a desperate GM can do on their way out.

Reactions: gump116

DazeHereToAmaze91

Nov 14, 2021
I'd kill to have Horvat on the team.

Only 1 year left after this season.

1 st + Chytil + Lundkvist for Horvat?

If he was signed for longer I'd offer way more than that. But he's going to get a big raise and Benning is Benning so this is probably a huge overpayment :sarcasm:.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I wonder if Elias Pettersson is available and what would it take to get him?

something similar to eichel probably. Which is really not much. A recent 1st rounder 1st Round pick a roster player not equal to him and that’s provably it. If he doesn’t turn things around and at least put up a reasonable amount of 5v5 points the Canucks will not reach the playoffs. At this point we can’t even blame management for that, although management is truly at fault with other stuff, pettersson needs to play at a certain level even at the bare minimum 1st line centre.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I'd kill to have Horvat on the team.

Only 1 year left after this season.

1 st + Chytil + Lundkvist for Horvat?

If he was signed for longer I'd offer way more than that. But he's going to get a big raise and Benning is Benning so this is probably a huge overpayment :sarcasm:.
That’s way too much.

I’ll take it.

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
[Benning whistles and walks into Francesco Aquilini's Office]

Benning: Hey, Fellers, I think I worked out a trade.
Aquilini: ...Did ya, pal?
Benning: Sure, did. It's a good one. Ever heard of a first round pick that's conditional!?

[Aquilini sighes]

Aquilini: Good job, buddy... please, leave.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
they are at a cross roads. Chicago is winning games, so it is possible for the Canucks as well. I hear that last game vs the Canucks was actually very good, despite the loss.

However, as an Oiler fan I have seen several times the damage of what a desperate GM can do on their way out.

It could be one of those rare times where the NHL steps in a voids a trade.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
I would love to see the Avs trade Byram for Petterson. I really think that is a fair value trade

I think Pettersson this year about equal, but I think if he returns to form he holds more value. But Byram has room to grow so I can see people arguing otherwise.

That being said I don't think this would make sense for the Nucks. You're opening a huge hold at centre to plug one on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad