Proposal: Ben Chiarot to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So we wait until deadline day.

You do have the luxury have having a solid playoff spot even if you slip a bit without Muzzin and play .550 hockey instead of .680 (if that were to happen). I get that Dubas likes to make moves early but he needs a trade partner who is willing to make a move now vs waiting it out.

Interesting to see how all this plays out.

Reactions: Runner77

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I'm pretty sure that's massive exaggeration. Drury adds Chiarot if it's a 3rd rounder.
I’m just trying to make clear how little interest I have in this player as a Ranger fan. There is zero chance I move a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, let alone add anything to the pick. He’s not a need in any way, shape, or form and I pray that Drury agrees.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I’m not worried about a Chiarot return, we’ll all find out soon enough what he gets. I do have to say that after looking at the Rangers prospects that you guys have some guys who are going to be huge. And if the write ups are accurate, these guys will not only be big boys, but very mobile big boys. It’s a very solid group. I have my fingers crossed that Gorton has a picture of Drury in a compromising position with a Goat and we can get one!!

Reactions: Benstheman

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’m just trying to make clear how little interest I have in this player as a Ranger fan. There is zero chance I move a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, let alone add anything to the pick. He’s not a need in any way, shape, or form and I pray that Drury agrees.

You don't have to exaggerated it to you would not make the move even if it was a 3rd. The Rangers idea once again was a media report. Don't blame Habs fans too much cause most are looking at what reputable members of the media are reporting when they talk to their sources.

Totally respect you rather protect your 1st. But the traffic comments about Chiarot will not go away. He really was that much of an impact for the Habs in the last two playoffs and this is not some thin idea out of nowhere. I honestly don't think many have actually watched him play on a consistent basis.

If I was a Rangers fan, my reply would be I rather stay put. We are not close enough yet to trade a 1st like Tampa did for Savard. I can totally respect that cause I might say the exact same thing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Chiarot to the Leafs makes way more sense. Do Habs fans really have an issue with trading with the Leafs? I imagine that’s overblown.

I doubt new Habs management cares. A solid return is a solid return — you grab it where you find it, esp. in a buyers’ market.

Reactions: egelband

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wasn't it leaked that the Habs are looking for a 1st rounder in return for Chariot? Not too mention they are looking at a deadline where 5 contending teams already traded thier 1st round pick.

If so, why would NYR include Berard?

I believe it was reported that the Habs are looking for a first and a third.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m just trying to make clear how little interest I have in this player as a Ranger fan. There is zero chance I move a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, let alone add anything to the pick.

There hasn’t been one Ranger fan who has shown interest here so I don’t know how more clear you need to be.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not really. We want Zac Jones to play. Chiariot would stand in the way of that. We already have a pylon in Nemeth. I wouldn't even trade a 4th for another one.

I understand you like the younger ones coming up but a playoff run where you might want to win a playoff series? Give me a break with your "not really". Every single NHL team would add Chiarot for a 3rd rounder in a heartbeat.

My advice... Don't exaggerate your dislike of trading valuable futures for a Chiarot type. I can take a no cause you want to protect your youth but trashing the player or devaluing him is going to be defended.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Again, Ranger's needs are Center and RW, not another D-man so let's move on.
I don't really think we need to add Chiarot, but the organization clearly feels they need another defender or they wouldn't be rotating that LD spot trying to find a fit. Jones was sent back down with Nemeth coming off IR and Tinordi called back up. Considering Wolfpack don't play until Friday, this wasn't a "the kid needs to play" scenario while Rangers wait until today to play. For the right price, NYR would be all over this, as would most teams, I'm just not sure they're all over this when the price is a 1st, or a 1st +.

Reactions: slg1963

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Would Kravtsov for Chiarot be possible from a Rangers point of view?

Gorton would have drafted Kravtsov. He turns 23 this year and has not cemented himself as a NHL player yet. Looking at his stats he is doing well in the KHL this year. I feel like the Habs management would prefer to get prospects over picks because it just fast tracks a rebuild.

Still more of the same issue.

Chariot doesn't address the Rangers biggest issue of 5 on 5 scoring.

Acquiring Ben is not the direction we need to move in

Reactions: Habsrule

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I understand you like the younger ones coming up but a playoff run where you might want to win a playoff series? Give me a break with your "not really". Every single NHL team would add Chiarot for a 3rd rounder in a heartbeat.

My advice... Don't exaggerate your dislike of trading valuable futures for a Chiarot type. I can take a no cause you want to protect your youth but trashing the player or devaluing him is going to be defended.

Defend him all you want. He is trash. An absolute pylon and we already have one of those in Nemeth. I wouldn't trade a 7th for him.

It takes a real dinosaur to think a pylon like Chiarot is more likely to help you win a playoff series than a competenent 5 on 5 player like Zac Jones.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Which is what everyone else is telling this person. Chiarot is not worth that. And we keep getting the lipstick on a pig argument that he’s a ‘good #4 d’ despite all evidence pointing to the contrary.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Defend him all you want. He is trash. An absolute pylon and we already have one of those in Nemeth. I wouldn't trade a 7th for him.

It takes a real dinosaur to think a pylon like Chiarot is more likely to help you win a playoff series than a competenent 5 on 5 player like Zac Jones.

He's not trash. Have a nice day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad